JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

So I was just dancing like a weirdo on purpose with earphones in unaware of the police knocking on my window... lol
No idea what they must of thought.

Then I go outside because there is some random trampoline in the garden that was not there before.  So I put on my video camera and just randomly filmed myself jumping off of it and ran back inside, only to find out that my neighbour was out there hanging her washing.

So that's two accounts of witnessed insanity today... 

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

That sounds crazy. Clean, scrub, vacuum and get rid of soft fabric stuff.

It's not in soft fabrics I have them, but on hard surfaces, my desk etc. I kill them, clean up but they always come back. Need a way of preventing nesting/breeding, something to repel, a natural product if possible. 

Though, looking them up they say dust mites are not visible to the human eye, yet I can see these things, they are tiny, little black dots running around, on the surfaces, in draws, books, about 1-2 millimetres in size max. Lice of some kind. Closest identification I can look up are "book lice" or "biscuit lice". 

Edited by EccentricM

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

Need a way of preventing nesting/breeding, something to repel, a natural product if possible. 

Vinegar? Borax? 

While this may not be energy efficient, cold water will not kill dust mites. Also, according to a study at the University of Sydney Australia, adding Eucalyptus essential oil to your wash will eliminate 99% of dust mites from your bedding. The heat from the dryer should finish off the rest.Feb 24, 2015

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

14 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Personally I'd try strong vodka, like Everclear. In a spray bottle. I use it in  motels when I go. Spray them good. Most things can't live through that.

I will check this out. I have never heard of this before. Sounds interesting. 

6 minutes ago, kejedo said:

I will check this out. I have never heard of this before. Sounds interesting. 

It's something I learned from the cancer clinic in Mexico. I (use a micro-spray) spray the remote, toilet seat, faucet, door handles, table tops. Anything actually. As long as you can get a sprayer that does a fine mist spray. The Everclear is so strong it cleans up so many pathogens. 

As a side note, you have to ask for Everclear at the liquor store, it's not on the shelves. Maybe have to order it.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

33 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Personally I'd try strong vodka, like Everclear. In a spray bottle. I use it in  motels when I go. Spray them good. Most things can't live through that.

Do you drive after misting yourself with alcohol? :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

It's something I learned from the cancer clinic in Mexico. I (use a micro-spray) spray the remote, toilet seat, faucet, door handles, table tops. Anything actually. As long as you can get a sprayer that does a fine mist spray. The Everclear is so strong it cleans up so many pathogens. 

As a side note, you have to ask for Everclear at the liquor store, it's not on the shelves. Maybe have to order it.

Would rubbing alcohol work?

The smell of rubbing alcohol probably wouldn't confuse the maid as much as the half empty bottle of Vodka next to your Bible....:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Would rubbing alcohol work?

The smell of rubbing alcohol probably wouldn't confuse the maid as much as the half empty bottle of Vodka next to your Bible....:eek:

That's funny! Especially when its like 190 proof!

But here's what they'd see.

bottle.jpg.982b5fa6facd72e0ff35543f5e367566.jpg

thumb.jpg.ec97b652b76017c40422c2b7d15a8eb9.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda just realised how strange the human body is in terms of death. 

In order to die, the brain must die, the consciousness must vanish. that is death. You'd think only having a head injury could kill you. But you get shot in the torso, you die, blood loss you die, the heart stops you die, no oxygen, you die. a burst appendix can also kill you if not treated..  Amazing how every thing is interlinked, that all these things will disrupt oxygen and blood being fed to the brain, which is the 'real' cause of death, not the bodily injury it's self. 

I guess if ever in a dying state waiting for medical attention, do as many deep breaths as possible! 

I wonder if that means someone who gets cut in half is still alive but the drastic shock to the body and the blood loss is what causes the brain to immediately shut down. If one was cut in half but the injury was immediately cauterised, would they be alive? Or would the shock of such a gruesome body detachment  simply make the brain say "nope" and go into a state of shut down it never wakes from? Depending on the location of the cut, the spine will also come into play, since the brain stem is directly linked to it.

Obviously a beheading kills you since the brain loses all sources of blood and oxygen that keeps it alive. 

But yeah, that was one of the first things I thought of waking up today lol. 

• 1 month later...

I've decided that procrastination is theocratic.

If we really have eternity in mind, then why worry about doing something today or tomorrow? 

It can wait...next year, next decade, next century. ...

15 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I've decided that procrastination is theocratic.

If we really have eternity in mind, then why worry about doing something today or tomorrow? 

It can wait...next year, next decade, next century. ...

I believe I could think up a brilliant, fascinating, intriguing, or at least somewhat interesting retort. But it might take me some time. If there is no deadline, I could begin thinking about this, um, well, whenever. Def not worrying. It might be good, if I get a round tuit.

Edited by kejedo

1 minute ago, kejedo said:

I believe I could think up a brilliant, fascinating, intriguing, or at least somewhat interesting retort. But it might take me some time. If thereis no deadline, I could begin thinking about this at any time. Def not worrying. It might be good, if I get a round tuit.

Call me in 100 years...

26 minutes ago, kejedo said:

I believe I could think up a brilliant, fascinating, intriguing, or at least somewhat interesting retort. But it might take me some time. If there is no deadline, I could begin thinking about this, um, well, whenever. Def not worrying. It might be good, if I get a round tuit.

At one our conventions the CO said because we all say that so much, he had some tuits made up and was giving them away to us. I didn't get one but my son did so now he can never say he can't do something until he gets a round tuit  :lol:

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Just now, kejedo said:

I hope we can all meet up. Lotsa stuff to catch up on. 

Call Tortuga in 100y and he will call me 200y later ..and of course we need to figure out where to meet up so give another 200-300y .. so what about if we speed up the process :uhhuh: and establish the place for the "party" I propose Fiji. :sunshine:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, kejedo said:

I hope we can all meet up. Lotsa stuff to catch up on. 

I think we are still meeting at Shali's in 98 years.