JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I've decided that procrastination is theocratic.

2 hours ago, kejedo said:

I believe I could think up a brilliant, fascinating, intriguing, or at least somewhat interesting retort. But it might take me some time. 

I believe it to be the most effective and efficient way to do things..

Think about it;  you do just exactly what is needed,  at just the right time. ..

How could that be wrong?

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I've decided that procrastination is theocratic.

If we really have eternity in mind, then why worry about doing something today or tomorrow? 

It can wait...next year, next decade, next century. ...

Oh yes, I just remembered... I was going to procrastinate today... but I think I'll do it tomorrow instead. :yes:

(I'm going in service now.)

20 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Oh yes, I just remembered... I was going to procrastinate today... but I think I'll do it tomorrow instead. :yes:

(I'm going in service now.)

That's a double procrastination. That's like using a double negative,  I'm sure it's a no-no...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

15 hours ago, kejedo said:

I believe I could think up a brilliant, fascinating, intriguing, or at least somewhat interesting retort. But it might take me some time. If there is no deadline, I could begin thinking about this, um, well, whenever. Def not worrying. It might be good, if I get a round tuit.

It would be very easy to make one :)

15 hours ago, kejedo said:

I believe I could think up a brilliant, fascinating, intriguing, or at least somewhat interesting retort. But it might take me some time. If there is no deadline, I could begin thinking about this, um, well, whenever. Def not worrying. It might be good, if I get a round tuit.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 3 weeks later...

I wondered about the first time I was called on. I knew it was in the 80s and I remember the topic.

The brother asked if I thought [disasters in the news] were acts of God.

Thinking I was smart I replied “No!” He said that I was right. Wasn’t expecting that!

So I asked him what was an act of God then? The older brother said something like the parting of the Red Sea.

I laughed, wondering how anyone could take that stuff seriously.

Somehow he placed the magazines with me. I found them a bit interesting but couldn’t follow a lot of stuff.

042FC0E1-9EE8-4D87-8E22-276CF5E7F413.jpeg.fdea8ced7215ce87a2d35977e66d0f59.jpeg

A year or two later I was painting someone’s lounge with my brother. A sister knocked on the door with a brochure. She spoke of finding the date for the beginning of ‘the last days’, and quickly placed the brochure.

Interesting is what I remember about the call:

1) She was smiling and happy.

2) She was very brief and left me to read the brochure to find the answer.

I was going to say to her “It must be 1914 right?” but didn’t get a chance.

My brother and I ‘consumed’ the contents of the brochure and discussed it at some length.

My brother was baptised 1990, Emma and I 1991. Other family members were baptised but some later chose the world. :(

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Many years ago we had a Sister move into the Congregation with the last name of Brothers. The ones conducting the meetings had a bit of a time getting used to calling on "Sister Brothers" - it sounded odd to some ... she said she was used to people thinking that.

A couple years later her Brother moved into the Congregation and everyone had to get used to calling on "Brother Brothers". A few months later, he went back to where he had lived before moving and got married. When he got back with his new wife, those conducting started calling her "The Other Sister Brothers".

After a couple more years, just when everyone had gotten used to hearing all these "Brothers" being called on, they all moved away.

Not sure why reading this thread made me think of this .... but it did, so I posted this.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 months later...

Identical twins have not been found to have identical fingerprints. That is, identical twins can generally be said to have different fingerprints, but not every set of identical twins has been tested to see if any can be identical. 

New DNA testing can differentiate between identical twins. Apparently, after that initial cell splitting, the unique experience in utero  can/does imprint the DNA in minor ways that are now detectable. Ostensibly, twins that were able to escape criminal conviction due to reasonable doubt, can now be accurately identified.

Dr. Phil's son is married to a woman who is one of three identical triplets. Their DNA results were not completely identical.  

Does anyone know of a red burgundy wine that has no additives? We used to buy it for the emblems but can't remember the brand name to buy it again..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

4 minutes ago, Dove said:

Does anyone know of a red burgundy wine that has no additives? We used to buy it for the emblems but can't remember the brand name to buy it again..

There are several organic red wines ar our health food store...it will say "no added sulfites".:lol:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

7 minutes ago, Dove said:

Are you looking for a passover wine? Google Passover wines, there is a list of brands.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I question why no additives? Any off the shelf red, un-sweetened wine should do. We are instructed not to use fortified wine, wine in which sweeteners or alcohol have been used to create a sweet red wine. Think 'Mogen David' in this country but organizationally we have no problem with a minute amount of sulfites as a preservative.

If you still have a preference for zero additives Sister Elizebeth above has good advice. 

I believe Passover wines are fortified. Check Mogen David.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I don't know..I just assumed that it was without additives to be to be used for the emblems. I think all red wines have sulphites naturally occurring..it's just added sulphites we don't want. anyway it was the brand name of a certain one I always bought at a local grocery store that I am trying to remember, not just for the emblems but also personal use..

16 minutes ago, Dove said:

I don't know..I just assumed that it was without additives to be to be used for the emblems. I think all red wines have sulphites naturally occurring..it's just added sulphites we don't want. anyway it was the brand name of a certain one I always bought at a local grocery store that I am trying to remember, not just for the emblems but also personal use..

There are probably lots of them but we had tried one from Costco that was Redwood or Pacific something. I'll try to find it...

Google organic wine and see if that helps.

Edited by Tortuga

32 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

There are probably lots of them but we had tried one from Costco that was Redwood or Pacific something. I'll try to find it...

Google organic wine and see if that helps.

Thanks, those names don't sound familiar..I did google but nothing seemed to be the one. I don't believe it was even organic,, just plain alcoholic grape juice :)

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

@Dove "Any red wine that is not sweetened, fortified, or spiced is appropriate for use"

-  questions from readers, w07 9/15 p. 31

I don't think she is looking for wine for the Memorial, i think she just wants the same wine for personal use.

24 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I don't think she is looking for wine for the Memorial, i think she just wants the same wine for personal use.

Yes, I did find something in a local beverage store called, 'Our Daily Red'. It's an organic red blend without preservatives, no detectable sulphites, vegan, 12.4% alcohol, vinted and bottled in Sonoma, California. 25 oz. for 8.99.

It's good tasting and hearty. I sometimes add a little water..:)

Edited by Dove