JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

On 1/28/2018 at 9:29 AM, Tortuga said:

Band-Aids (adhesive bandages)

Levi's (denim pants)

Sharpie (permeant marker)

Mersenne Prime (number)

Ollie,the skateboard move, was name for Alan Gelfand. Skateboard stalls and Flakey flights are self defined.  

3 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Ohh, you have sleep issues too? Mine revolve around erratic sleep patterns. 

All my life I've had this problem. As of this hour I've been up since 4 am Monday, it's 9:30 pm Tuesday. Granted I forced myself to slumber 45 minutes then 30 minutes but that hardly constitutes as sleep. Tomorrow I'll be a nappin'!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

55 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

All my life I've had this problem. As of this hour I've been up since 4 am Monday, it's 9:30 pm Tuesday. Granted I forced myself to slumber 45 minutes then 30 minutes but that hardly constitutes as sleep. Tomorrow I'll be a nappin'!

I've been beginning to log my sleep patterns. So far... 

The starting time is when I go to sleep and then to when I wake. I'll write in the first line as an example then shorthand the rest. 

21/01/2018 - 22/01/2018:  Went to bed at 10PM and woke at 4AM , stayed up until, see next line... 

22/01/2018 - 23/01/2018: 9PM - 6AM

23/01/2018 - 24/01/2018: 9PM - 7AM

24/01/2018 - 25/01/2018: 4:30AM - 2PM

25/01/2018 - 26/01/2018: 5AM - 11AM (Alarm woke me for expected delivery, was dozing on and off the rest of the day)

26/01/2018 - 27/01/2018: 2AM - 9:30AM (then suddenly fell asleep again) - 1PM

27/01/2018 - 28/01/2018: 7AM - 3:30PM

28/01/2018 - 29/01/2018: 6AM - 3:15PM

29/01/2018 - 30/01/2018: 6AM - 2:45PM

30/01/2018 - 31/01/2018: 10AM - 8PM

01/02/2018 - 2/02/2018: 2:30PM - 9:15PM

02/02/2018 - 3/02/2018: 10:30AM - 9PM

03/02/2018 - 4/02/2018: 11AM - 6PM

04/02/2018 - 05/02/2018: 11AM - 9PM

05/02/2018 - 06/02/2018 - 07/02/2018: 6PM - 2:30AM (Clarification of this last one: Was awake at 9PM on the 5th, stayed awake through to the 6th, went to bed at 6PM and slept through to the 7th, 2:30AM today)

Edited by EccentricM

6 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Just got a phone call from my doctor. The ASD people who were doing my assessment have come to the conclusion that I do not have Autism, but now are moving me on to an ADHD assessment as they feel that is most likely.

I have PTSD. Welcome to the world of 'disorders.' Can't wait for the new system.  Having a more accurate diagnosis can, at least, give us some relief.

YS (the one with disorderly conduct). 

Edited by kejedo

I guess I can say it's comforting to know others have similar sleep issues like I do, not that it's what I want, but the more I mention something about not sleeping the more I hear others suffering the same thing.

Matthew, in reading your sleep logs it seems you're not doing too bad.  For me bad is when I go to bed at 9ish and am up at 2.  sleepy.png.da71250386a537479b9a06e80b7d5251.png

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

10 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Just got a phone call from my doctor. The ASD people who were doing my assessment have come to the conclusion that I do not have Autism, but now are moving me on to an ADHD assessment as they feel that is most likely.

Don’t worry Mattew we all have “something” in this system, soon will enjoy perfection which will be incredible in comparison to our current state.... :givehug:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

My wife often tells me ..Greggie you're loosing your head!

I look it the mirror .. and clearly my head its there :D...:confused:

Well I concluded ..she will be cured (In Paradise) from imagining me loosing my head

Latest update: Her symptom still present!

LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

My wife often tells me ..Greggie you're loosing your head!

I look it the mirror .. and clearly my head its there :D...:confused:

Well I concluded ..she will be cured (In Paradise) from imagining me loosing my head

Latest update: Her symptom still present!

LOL :lol1:

Maybe she meant that you were losing your mind, can you see that in the mirror? Stand on a chair and look in your ear. Don't see anything? Call a doctor and tell him what you did, he'll tell you if you lost your mind...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Maybe she meant that you were losing your mind, can you see that in the mirror? Stand on a chair and look in your ear. Don't see anything? Call a doctor and tell him what you did, he'll tell you if you lost your mind...:)

I am scared to do this ..

The doctor will put me on medications and I hate swallowing things :scared: LOL

7a877b96c55633928f9a50126d3a3d10.jpg

You know, I only just realised the bad stuff that happens to the Willy Wonka kids is directly connected to their names?

Augustus Gloop ends up in chocolate and fudge... which is gloopy. Violet turns violet (into a blue berry), Verruca Salt goes down the garbage chute, which Wonka says is the incinerator.. so.. she turns to "salt" or ash., Mike Teevee gets shrunk inside... a T.V

On 2/7/2018 at 5:28 AM, Qapla said:

For most of my life I have fared the best if I get 5 hours of sleep - not 8 - in a given 24 hour cycle.

Same here. ..4.5 to 5.0 was just fine for me. 

Get to bed around 10, get up near 3 so I can get on the dirt before 6:00...

I am really glad that behavior is starting to erode...

Well, my doctor thinks I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in.

He says I'm just old enough to be my age, if I was any older I wouldn't be the age I am now.

My height is just right too, If i was shorter I wouldn't be as tall as I am now and if i was taller I wouldn't be as short as I am..

Fortunately I'm also just the right weight for a man my weight.

He thinks I'll be healthy as long as I don't get sick and I'll die of old age if I live that long.

He's the best doctor I know!

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EccentricM said:

The saying that blood inside the body is blue is a myth, that it is always red... but... If we get colour from light waves, does that mean the inside of the body and blood is actually black? 

I've been cut pretty bad before (almost took off my finger) and sorry but it's still red.  ouch  hahaha

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah."