JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

6 hours ago, ChrisC said:

It wasn’t me okay!

Kuwaiti shop caught sticking googly eyes on fish

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45398254

Emma didn’t get round to buying me some for our anniversary so I bought some myself! 

“I haven’t even opened them Your Honour.”

I saw that yesterday and I thought of you..:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Since the 4 Gospels are named after the writers and the letters from Peter, John and Jude are named after them, then why aren't the 14 letters from Paul named 1 Paul, 2 Paul, 3 Paul...?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Since the 4 Gospels are named after the writers and the letters from Peter, John and Jude are named after them, then why aren't the 14 letters from Paul named 1 Paul, 2 Paul, 3 Paul...?

Paul disliked numbers? LOL :lol2:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

34 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Perhaps because Paul's writings are letters to locations and congregations, and the other books by other apostles were like other forms of writing? (Trying to think if the other Gospel writings also had letters to people and locations in them.)

Just now, EccentricM said:

Perhaps because Paul's writings are letters to locations and congregations, and the other books by other apostles were like other forms of writing? (Trying to think if the other Gospel writings also had letters to people and locations in them.)

Oh, I forgot to add :whistling::lol: to my post...

My bad!

Without looking - in all but one of Paul’s inspired writings he introduces himself at the beginning. Which one?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

2 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Without looking - in all but one of Paul’s inspired writings he introduces himself at the beginning. Which one?

I asked a brother this question and he knew straight away. He then asked me if I could verbally summarise each chapter of the Bible without looking. He gave me the impression that he could!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

23 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

I asked a brother this question and he knew straight away. He then asked me if I could verbally summarise each chapter of the Bible without looking. He gave me the impression that he could!

I can quote the entire book of Hezekiah but that's it...:whistling:

4 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

Book of Barnabas too?

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png

I'm still working on it...:popcorn:

All 1, 189? I'm impressed. I cannot even count that far!

Older {waiting for wiser}

I was just finishing a drink and enjoying the last drop when my cat decided to lick the moisture off the bottom of the glass. There is nothing like watching a cat tongue through the bottom of a glass..:eek:

:lol1:

Edited by Tortuga

On 9/18/2018 at 4:34 PM, Katty said:

My favorite part of my job is when I get to blow up balloons 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

What type of explosives do you use?

:whistling:

Just now, Katty said:

Hmmm, sounds like something you'd say in a support group for globophobics

Or "Blazing Party Favors"

Spoiler

If you don't quite get that - it is a nod to "Blazing Saddles" - sort of ........................

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 9/21/2018 at 3:29 PM, Tortuga said:

I was just finishing a drink and enjoying the last drop when my cat decided to lick the moisture off the bottom of the glass. There is nothing like watching a cat tongue through the bottom of a glass..:eek:

:lol1:

It's too late in the day to be laughing this hard, even Lew got a belly laugh from this. (I think maybe I have too vivid of an imagination)

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

22 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

It's too late in the day to be laughing this hard, even Lew got a belly laugh from this. (I think maybe I have too vivid of an imagination)

I generally keep a table cloth on and previously had a glass table. If I picked up the cloth and looked down at my small dog,  underneath, she would look up with a shocked expression.👀 Change tables. It couldn't be looking at me that left her traumatized. 😮

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 8:50 AM, ChrisC said:

It wasn’t me okay!

Kuwaiti shop caught sticking googly eyes on fish

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45398254

Emma didn’t get round to buying me some for our anniversary so I bought some myself! 

“I haven’t even opened them Your Honour.”

Have you been to Georgia recently?

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bc27203e4b01a01d68b3eb6/amp