JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

Since he was a Civil War General ... I'm surprised they haven't been forced to remove the statue, like so many other have had to do, because it offends people who did not agree with the side the South took in that war.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

23 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I saw a picture recently asking people to stop putting them on library books as it was ruining them.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 2 weeks later...

We had a letter today from Gatwick Airport. They want to use their short emergency runway full-time “for departures only”. I think I should tell them that they will pretty soon run out of planes.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

We have a sister who lives close to the kingdom hall who gathers a group together to sing at the old folks' home; she just started to get a regular group together to sing at her house as she has a piano and one of our friends has a guitar. It's so nice. It's a nice big house and she has a baby grand. Since a lot of the songs are theocratic and we talk about the scriptural meaning behind them, once a month we get to count time while singing. It's so much fun!

I can't sleep, so I'm up listening/reading you all although I have a class early. Oh well. Another day I guess my head will nod and my eyelids will partly close while he's lecturing. 

I think it's my bipolar. Yeah I have a med that will promptly knock me out, but the only thing about that is I fear even with that I may not wake up in time.

So I'm caught between two options: try to sleep without that med, knowing full well I won't hardly sleep. Orrr, take that med and chance on not waking in time for class. 

I hate options. I would love it if life always tell us what to do. But then we'll be robots. 

Sooo good people, I think I'll get up from bed now.. Yet how does one get up from bed when they were never in bed for the sole purpose of a bed? 

Life. Sometimes I say to it: "Ugh."

Edited by Luezette

Sis Luezette, you might consider looking into 'sleep hygiene' or sleep cognitive behavioral therapy along with blue light filters or glasses for your compute/phone and nightlights. This may help you to understand what habits are making it harder for you to fall and stay sleep. https://www.sleepassociation.org/about-sleep/sleep-hygiene-tips/ http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/getting/overcoming/tips http://www.sleepeducation.org/essentials-in-sleep/healthy-sleep-habits

Changing my lifestyle was key for me to better regulate my sleeping schedule. I was unable to do it until after getting off of Seroquel however... which was painful to the say the least. I got on it in the first place because I would spend hours every night laying awake unable to sleep until I was going insane. I just wanted to sleep, and that's what my psych suggested, but after spending around 8 years on it sleeping for 16h at a time without feeling rested... along with severe side effects and being awake for up to 32h at a time... I couldn't endure that anymore either, especially when I was trying to attend meetings again. It's only after years of learning to change my diet and sleeping habits and getting past the withdrawal that I managed to attain a mostly tenable schedule. The sleeping/wakeup time fluctuates a bit but at least I get around 7-8 hours in bed each night now, after around 2 hours of preparation. I still take some liquid melatonin and l-theanine too since artificial lighting and lack of sunlight are an issue in my current living quarters. I was addicted to the computer from a young age and would stay up all night on it at times which contributed a lot to my chronic insomnia...  nowadays that's becoming much more common with people using their phones in the evening. Thank goodness for Do Not Disturb and blue light filters. 😴

funny_pictures_cat_has_insomnia-c5c3583c

Edited by Myew

9 minutes ago, Myew said:

Sis Luezette, you might consider looking into 'sleep hygiene' or sleep cognitive behavioral therapy along with blue light filters or glasses for your compute/phone and nightlights. This may help you to understand what habits are making it harder for you to fall and stay sleep. https://www.sleepassociation.org/about-sleep/sleep-hygiene-tips/ http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/getting/overcoming/tips http://www.sleepeducation.org/essentials-in-sleep/healthy-sleep-habits

Changing my lifestyle was key for me to better regulate my sleeping schedule. I was unable to do it until after getting off of Seroquel however... which was painful to the say the least. I got on it in the first place because I would spend hours every night laying awake unable to sleep until I was going insane. I just wanted to sleep, and that's what my psych suggested, but after spending around 8 years on it sleeping for 16h at a time without feeling rested... along with severe side effects and being awake for up to 32h at a time... I couldn't endure that anymore either, especially when I was trying to attend meetings again. It's only after years of learning to change my diet and sleeping habits and getting past the withdrawal that I managed to attain a mostly tenable schedule. The sleeping/wakeup time fluctuates a bit but at least I get around 7-8 hours in bed each night now, after around 2 hours of preparation. I still take some liquid melatonin and l-theanine too since artificial lighting and lack of sunlight are an issue in my current living quarters. I was addicted to the computer from a young age and would stay up all night on it at times which contributed a lot to my chronic insomnia...  nowadays that's becoming much more common with people using their phones in the evening. Thank goodness for Do Not Disturb and blue light filters. 😴

funny_pictures_cat_has_insomnia-c5c3583c

I've never seen a cat with insomnia...😊

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Well my good people, I'm still at my school, obviously on the computer because I just had to see what y'all up to before I walk outta here to go in service, then home.

But yep it happened. What? Our professor walked in, began lecturing, and I just had to nod my head, with droopy eyelids, etc.

But it wasn't my fault! I blame it all on my body! This horrible imperfect, full of defects body! Yep, that's what happened! lol, lol, lol. I told my eyes to behave! But they wouldn't! Disobedient eyes!

We put our clocks back an hour in the U.K. last night.

This carefully positioned (and dimmed) clock sits above my bed and is visible when I wake up by peering under my eye mask. I know if I touch it to put it back an hour it will fall down. The other option is to try to carefully put a sticker on it “Subtract 1 hour until end of March”.

This will be the major decision for my ‘day’. (Which started at 7pm.)

B75B0506-F56D-4FB9-B68B-856F61B5BEA1.thumb.jpeg.5d08773f950e9e307eebf467051d9f74.jpeg

Another option is to set it back one minute a day, in 60 days you'll be done. Just think how happy you will be!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Its said that if you don't have anything nice to say about a person that you shouldn't say anything at all..so why is there a moment of silence when someone dies?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, bobby said:

i was eating my pizza and i found out that i didn't even have ice cream for afterword 

Get an ice cream pizza. Problem solved. 

Make sure it is a vegetable ice cream. You know - CHOCOLATE!!!!  :eat:

Did I say That LOUD Enough?

YES!!!!

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Its said that people can learn from others mistakes,  I think that qualifies me as a Trainer...

13 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Its said that people can learn from others mistakes,  I think that qualifies me as a Trainer...

And I must be the one who trains the trainers. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Yup, it's truly Hollerday time.. I was purchasing a couple of small items at the grocery store and the registers were,  of course, understaffed. The man directly in front of me in the Express line started swearing into the air how bad the service was. He went over to the service desk, and I thought he was saying "hi" to a friend. Loudspeaker announcing names of staff members to come to the front end, Man in front of me confronts one of the people rushing forward with a long and loud litany of curse words.  Manager offers all he can do to speed things along, but the customer is escalating his f-rated monologue. I moved away and checked out through the front desk. She said he had been swearing at her, too. 

It's that unreasonable season again.