JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Coconut water used as blood...

I was browsing through the health food store and one of the sales clerks noticed I was looking at coconut water and he started asking me if I was aware that coconut water was very similar to the composition of our blood.  I said I did not know that and he then started relating the benefits of drinking it to me.  I had never heard this because, well, I rarely think about healthy good things for you.  But I can change, right?  I thought he was probably just a really good sales person but it interested me all he had to say.  So I went home and goggled coconut water and found out the information below.  I was surprised that I don't recall every hearing that it was used as a universal donor for blood transfusions.  It looks like I would have remembered that piece of information because I found it fascinating.  Below I copied a item I found about its properties and uses.

Coconut Water has been heavily advertised on the market for a while now (not to be mixed up with Coconut Milk) as a hot health-drink, but did you know that it has the SAME electrolyte balance as our blood plasma? Coconut Water is one of the biggest sources of electrolytes out there and is almost identical in composition to human blood plasma. In fact, during the Pacific War, coconut water (taken straight from a coconut, it acts as a universal donor) was used as emergency blood plasma transfusions to wounded soldiers. Apparently, this is still done in some third world countries. Wild, right? Since coconut water is always nestled into a coconut, it is always sterile and ready to drink (or inject), because the layers of the coconut act as a filter. (Disclaimer: these are facts about what some people do in EMERGENCY situations, mainly in the past.  In today's world, coconut water is around for us to rejuvenate our blood with electrolytes by drinking it.)

Does anyone else drink coconut water?  And did you start feeling a difference in the way you felt?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I drink it often but not in the mornings. (Use coconut for cooking too)

In the morming when i wake up I drink 2 glasses of warm water with organic lemon (I have a lemon tree in the garden)

Feel the benefits of lemon water more then coconut but both are good !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I was browsing through the health food store and one of the sales clerks noticed I was looking at coconut water and he started asking me if I was aware that coconut water was very similar to the composition of our blood.  I said I did not know that and he then started relating the benefits of drinking it to me.  I had never heard this because, well, I rarely think about healthy good things for you.  But I can change, right?  I thought he was probably just a really good sales person but it interested me all he had to say.  So I went home and goggled coconut water and found out the information below.  I was surprised that I don't recall every hearing that it was used as a universal donor for blood transfusions.  It looks like I would have remembered that piece of information because I found it fascinating.  Below I copied a item I found about its properties and uses.

Coconut Water has been heavily advertised on the market for a while now (not to be mixed up with Coconut Milk) as a hot health-drink, but did you know that it has the SAME electrolyte balance as our blood plasma? Coconut Water is one of the biggest sources of electrolytes out there and is almost identical in composition to human blood plasma. In fact, during the Pacific War, coconut water (taken straight from a coconut, it acts as a universal donor) was used as emergency blood plasma transfusions to wounded soldiers. Apparently, this is still done in some third world countries. Wild, right? Since coconut water is always nestled into a coconut, it is always sterile and ready to drink (or inject), because the layers of the coconut act as a filter. (Disclaimer: these are facts about what some people do in EMERGENCY situations, mainly in the past.  In today's world, coconut water is around for us to rejuvenate our blood with electrolytes by drinking it.)

Does anyone else drink coconut water?  And did you start feeling a difference in the way you felt?

Just one more reason to move to a tropical island....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Here is a link to a discussion we had a few years ago.   http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/5188-coconut-water-and-grass-natural-blood-transfusion-alternatives/

Natural health practitoners in India have long acknowledged multiple health benefits of the coconut palm. As a top immune booster, anti-fungal, anti-biotic, anti-viral and anti-bacterial, blood sugar stabilizer. lowering cholesterol, hydrates, builds cells and regulates hormones.

Coco-water combined with fresh plant-based high chlorophyll green juice such as wheat grass, barley grass, kale etc. highly alkalizes and replenishes red blood cells, improving oxygen absorption, producing high-energy and an overall sense of well-being. Cytokinins known as anti-aging hormones helps prevent wrinkles and age spots. 

Wheat grass therapy has been used for Thalassemia and anemia. Combining fresh wheat grass juice along with fresh coconut juice is highly effective.

Edited by Precision

I don't know how it could hurt. Read up on the benefits and try it.  I am able to tell a difference in the way I am feeling but it is hard to tell if one significant think has really helped or all the little changes I have been making.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 1 year later...

They don't tell you "that" in hospitals! And yet they are quick to demonise us without offering this known alternative? Figures. Truly the world is in the power of the wicked one... 

But yeah, it has all sorts of uses. I use coconut oil mixed with baking soda as a natural toothpaste alternative. Works great, it's also anti bacterial. We take in loads of germs through the mouth and nose, bacteria starts in the gut. So you end up with a protective shield in the mouth. 

I cook all my rice in coconut water and use coconut oil ... not so much the milk, and rarely the cream (too many calories) ... but yes cook with it all the time and in the hot weather i drink one glass of coconut water.

Now ... i DID know that in the islands any surgery they did they used coconut water because it was naturally sterile, and i did know it had electrolytes, what I didn't know that its make up is similar to blood - that is fascinating.

Thanks for this thread!

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

23 minutes ago, dilip kumar said:

How much of coconut oil and how much of baking soda?

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

Just a layer enough to cover the brush really, as you would toothpaste, and then I dip that brush into the baking soda tub and a thin layer of that sticks to the coconut oil. 

15 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Just a layer enough to cover the brush really, as you would toothpaste, and then I dip that brush into the baking soda tub and a thin layer of that sticks to the coconut oil. 

I just finished my last tube of Tom's toothpaste. It took me a year to finish it because I do the baking soda and coconut oil thing too. My oil is the hard kind so I melted about 3 tablespoons JUST until it was melted, I didn't want to destroy any enzymes, and added baking soda, about 2 tbs. The important thing is you don't want to scrub too hard with this, do a gentle brushing action, and only a couple times a week because you could damage the enamel. Mine is in a shallow bowl, I have a plastic knife to break it up and just use my fingers to put it on the brush. Otherwise I gargle and swish with peroxide then brush with a wet brush.

I also did a meet-n-greet with a new Pharmacologist....err sorry doctor. That's my general opinion of doctors. BUT today I had to eat my words. I didn't get a doctor but a nurse practitioner. And I love her. We talked about coconut oils, Braggs, Dotera oils, garlic for cholesterol, turmeric....she was on board with everything I'm doing. Needless to say I was very happily eating my words on my opinion of 'doctor'.

And the info here about coconut water has me intrigued, I have coconut milk for my protein shake but I'm not a big fan, its too thick for me. Maybe coconut water will be better. I like what was said about it.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

My oil is the hard kind so I melted about 3 tablespoons JUST until it was melted, I didn't want to destroy any enzymes, and added baking soda, about 2 tbs. The important thing is you don't want to scrub too hard with this, do a gentle brushing action, and only a couple times a week because you could damage the enamel.

I use the the hard oil too, I put my brush into the jar (which is huge, lasts me over a year or so) and just grind it in circle and it collects up the oil onto the brush. I use the oil and baking soda as a complete replacement for toothpaste. I find it works better for me, more benefits, only thing you don't get is the mint after taste. I don't have to scrub at all because I use an electric toothbrush, that does the job of melting it into my teeth as I clean haha. It's rather fast so I can brush gentle and still get a good clean.

I also only brush "before" I eat, that way it protects enamel far better, since enamel is in a weakened state after you eat something, so if you brush after eating you are causing  enamel damage. 

I love to drink coconut water and use coconut oil for cooking, on my skin and hair.  (I never thought about using it to cook my basmati rice though and would love to try it very soon).  So, how many coconuts must I buy to for two cups of uncooked rice?