JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wine and stuff like that

Had she taken off the wire cage?

I don't recall them drinking and driving or passing a bottle.  My brother-in-law was a big time alcoholic but just drank beer/hard liquor no wine or champagne (for sissies you know).  My sister seldom drank except for effervescent types/bubblies. But I do remember it was a huge surprise and scary for everyone.    

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Maybe that was the answer.  No wire cover.  It just seems hard for me to think she would have taken the cork off--I think I would remember the bubbling forth of the champagne.

The same thing happened to me about 37 years ago, I took off the wire cage but didn't open the bottle. Later that evening it blew the cork out and sprayed all over the place. I learned not to remove the cage unless I was sure I was going to open the bottle.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

/forums/topic/12921-24-hour-wine-and-cheese-omelet/

This was posted prior, page 4 I think, but was a 24hr wine and cheese omelet which is quite yummy.  I think there are just some foods that lend to a romantic setting, and for me, this is one of them.  I guess because you can prepare it the night before, or early that morning and forget about it till ready to place in the oven.  The kitchen stays clean, you have time to look pretty--or handsome--whatever the case may be, set the candles and music, and such a relaxed quiet evening.  The house spells so good while it is baking and it is a very pretty dish too.

LeslieDean

I used to be strictly beer but I hardly drink it anymore. Then I switched to wine but only have it once in a while now since a friend introduced me to Carmel flavored Vodka - tastes just like liquid Wurther's candies and mixes well with sparkling pear or apple juice! Yum! Yum!Dessert in a glass!

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

We enjoyed ( I use the word enjoyed quite skeptically), a glass of Diermesfontein Pinotage 2005 vintage. Suffice it to say that "great wine" does not always equal great taste. But I enjoyed the experience nonetheless.

That sounded so intriguing that I had to look it up. Here are some tasting notes from 2006;

Diemersfontein Pinotage
Drunk with? Dinner; table for two at Olympia; seared tuna and cob in a butter-herb sauce.
Did it suit? Just right – but not in a complementary sense, more of a “this wine is gorgeous in any setting” sense.
Value for money? Yes
SA Blog recommends? As a gift for your wine-loving friends, which you “accidentally” uncork and drink yourself.

Tasting notes 
This, as the label says, is “the one”. It’s the most interesting Pinotage (South Africa’s own varietal – created in the 1930s out of Pinot Noir and Cinsaut/Hermitage) on the market. Its unusual flavor – coffee and toffee, mostly – bears testament to the fact that Pinotage has yet to benefit from well-defined taste parameters; at 70, it remains a decidedly immature varietal.
But who cares, really? The wine can be gorgeous, and the Diemersfontein variation, though one helluva mutant, makes for a rich tongue bath that will wash away the the taste of most other reds. It’s almost like a dessert wine, or a wine liqueur with tannins, if there was such a thing.
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Good research Bro Richard......truly insightful.

Was your experience similar to the tasting notes?

I always think of Frazier and Niles when any subject that pertains to wine comes up.  Their pretentiousness lends itself to wine tasting.  Why does everyone sound like a wine snob or food snob when describing experiences with either of these subjects? I consider myself a food snob but I don't mean it to sound that way--I just know what I like and enjoy.LOL.   I also find that something I hated years ago I can now really like.  Why is that?  Do are tastes really change or is it we adapt to different things when exposed?  The show Frazier has always been one of my all time favorite situation comedies.  I adore their father Martin and each supporting character was cast perfectly for their part.  Can not imagine anyone else playing that person's role.  They each made it their own.

LeslieDean

That is a great site. Thanks!

However, I didn't notice a Cab & Oreo combination or Merlot & Potato Chips.... :(  :D

I always think of Frazier and Niles when any subject that pertains to wine comes up.  Their pretentiousness lends itself to wine tasting.  Why does everyone sound like a wine snob or food snob when describing experiences with either of these subjects? I consider myself a food snob but I don't mean it to sound that way--I just know what I like and enjoy.LOL.   I also find that something I hated years ago I can now really like.  Why is that?  Do are tastes really change or is it we adapt to different things when exposed?  The show Frazier has always been one of my all time favorite situation comedies.  I adore their father Martin and each supporting character was cast perfectly for their part.  Can not imagine anyone else playing that person's role.  They each made it their own.

...,.without those salads and scrambled eggs...lol

That's hilarious Leslie!  The things people think of!!!  One of my cleaning accounts bought me a bottle of wine and a goblet that says "no working during drinking hours!" - I thought that was pretty funny and I get a kick out of it everytime I use it.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I just rescued sum wine...it was trapped in a bottle...

Wine wants to be free, as wine caretakers it is our responsibility to release the wine from captivity and let it breath....