JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wine and stuff like that

I want to be a First Responder---I am in trainiing now

Did you know the guidelines for CPR have changed? You are supposed to give 30 compressions before giving them air. If you can't give them any air then maintain compressions. To keep the right rhythm, they suggest you do compressions to "Staying Alive" by the BeeGees. Go figure.

So the next time you need to do CPR on a bottle of wine, put on the BeeGees and do 30 sips before taking two breaths... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There will be an abundance of grain on the earth;+ On the top of the mountains it will overflow. His fruit will flourish as in Leb′a·non,+ And in the cities people will blossom like the vegetation of the earth.+

The WT study put me in the mood for a glass of wine, I love having morning meetings.

I bought a bottle of California table wine called Black Point, it's an inexpensive blend of Zin, Cab, Merlot & Syrah.  It's pretty good.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Stupid question from someone who holds a MAC endorsement, but: At the first miracle at Cana, Jesus provided wine after some had already been intoxicated.  John 2:10 -and said to him: “Everyone else puts out the fine wine first, and when people are intoxicated, the inferior. You have saved the fine wine until now.” Does that mean Christians can drink alcohol to the point of intoxication or beyond? My doctor told me she recommends up to three alcohol based beverages per night. At last years convention, it was mentioned that 4 alcoholic beverages in a row constitutes binge drinking (and that is the professional definition, these days.) Kevin OLeary (shark tanker) drinks a multi thousand $ bottle of wine a night. I really have little experience with wine (Served plenty of it, drank little of it,) but would like to know how much/ how often is reasonable? Not sure if I am a potential wine drinker, because of allergies, but right now am curious (not yellow like the emoticon). :drink:    

Edited by kejedo

Swish it around the mouth (ok), but spit it out...........why waste it?............down she goes..... 

Several years ago I was at the Lodi Zinfest where many vintners set up pavilions in a park area around a lake and they offer free tastings. I was in a line behind a gentleman and I was rather excited, like a kid in a candy store. The gentleman received his sample of wine, swirl, swish, spit and started to walk away. I flippantly commented "No good?" and he gave me a rather snobbish look and said "It's a tasting" and then snooted his way to the next line.

Yup, some people waste good wine...

I prefer a nice chilled White German wine GEWURTZTRAMINER ( now that's a mouthful ) . It is divine !!

Our Okanogan Valley wines are becoming world class award winning wines ( move over Nappa Valley) :)

Thornhaven Winneries in Summerland make a limited amount of GEWURTZTRAMINER so you have to go directly to the winery to stock up.

I prefer a nice chilled White German wine GEWURTZTRAMINER ( now that's a mouthful ) . It is divine !!

Our Okanogan Valley wines are becoming world class award winning wines ( move over Nappa Valley) :)

Thornhaven Winneries in Summerland make a limited amount of GEWURTZTRAMINER so you have to go directly to the winery to stock up.

Where in the Okanagan are you from? We are in Lake Country.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

I have been experimenting with boxed wine (someone has to do it) and I recently tried the Trader Joe's 3L box of Cab for $12. It tastes half way decent and it's easy to pack. I once took a box of wine on a cruise ship...:D

59 minutes ago, Precision said:

You're not supposed to do that Richard... unless you pay a corking charge, but then how do you uncork a box of wine ?   :rockon:

Many cruise lines allow 1 bottle per person.  There were four of us, so my box was legal and easier to pack than 4 bottles.

There is a study that chocolate was better when it goes to the taste bud because it increases a good chemical, good for stress, but it will be dangerous if you will let it down in the stomach. The reason, it may cause badly just like what candies do to the body.  

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

• 1 year later...

We were talking to a neighbor about the fires in Napa and we found out that he digs wine caves for wineries.  He says that people give him bottles of wine and he doesn't drink wine. :scared:

So he gave us a bottle of red wine. :D

On 4/13/2016 at 10:04 AM, Tortuga said:

Many cruise lines allow 1 bottle per person.  There were four of us, so my box was legal and easier to pack than 4 bottles.

Not in Australia, no alcohol whatsoever.  (The prices on the ship were not too bad.)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

One downside with wines these days is that the labelling does not really tell you anything about the additives or production methods. We all want to think that wines are just grapes picked and pressed and stored at some gorgeous castle somewhere when it’s usually a factory product and the taste very much created in the factory by means of controlled chemistry. So, in that sense Coca Cola is a much more honest drink. It doesn’t give you any pretences about what’s in it or where it was brewed.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 minute ago, Thesauron said:

One downside with wines these days is that the labelling does not really tell you anything about the additives or production methods. We all want to think that wines are just grapes picked and pressed and stored at some gorgeous castle somewhere when it’s usually a factory product and the taste very much created in the factory by means of controlled chemistry. So, in that sense Coca Cola is a much more honest drink. It doesn’t give you any pretences about what’s in it or where it was brewed.

When was the last time you toured a winery?

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

When was the last time you toured a winery?

Rhetorical? Those tours are like Disneyland, if you wish. Usually your average wine comes from a modern factory.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”