JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

August 2015 JW Broadcasting Monthly Program

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2233 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

So they are all taken their turn at presenting the broadcast in the same order as they did before.  Except for Bro Splane, he last took it in December, but not in July.

Also noted that this month is shorter than usual - under 50 minutes.

Edited by Jonathan77

It is now available in above link in English.

Thanks.  I just switched to American Sign Language and got to hear the entire thing in English that way.

Generosity is the Christian quality that is being stressed this month.  Today's theme text, Acts 20:35, is highlighted. :D  

I just love how we get to visit our brothers and sisters from other countries at the end of the broadcast.

This time, it was our extended family in Guam.  Can't believe the number of pioneers they've got there!

Can't believe how quickly time passes as I'm viewing the broadcast, either.  That sure was a fast 48 minutes and 36 seconds. :blink:  Seemed more like 4 minutes and 6 seconds. ^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

It is interesting that the music video at the end is sung in different languages corresponding to the language selected for the program. Maybe all of the monthly programs have been that way and I never noticed.

The simplified Chinese is now in Chinese but the music video is still in English with Chinese subtitles.

It is interesting that the music video at the end is sung in different languages corresponding to the language selected for the program. Maybe all of the monthly programs have been that way and I never noticed.

In French we usually have subtitles for the song.

The simplified Chinese is now in Chinese but the music video is still in English with Chinese subtitles.

In Portuguese, the music video is also subtitled.

In Spanish, music video is also subtitled.

I loved it, it was a great song. I loved the clapping in the last part of the chorus. I imagine us praising Jehovah in the Paradise with these songs!

Bro Herd makes an interesting comment about giving generously and ending up with more. I have had that happen to me many times. About 10 years while the assembly hall was being built, there was a young couple that had traveled here to work on the assembly. I gave them a cash gift to help them out, very soon after that I unexpectedly received a cash bonus from my employer that was three times the amount I had gifted to the couple. Hmmm...

I did it again, the same thing happened. I can honestly say that several times when I have gifted cash to someone, I have unexpectedly received that much or more from an unexpected source.  I wont say it happens every time only because I stopped keeping track of it, generosity come from the heart without expectation of a reward but I am confident that Jehovah rewards generosity.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Wonderful program, especially the video enactment of Cain and Abel 

Cain was wearing a headband. Everyone knows that anyone that wears a headband is bad... :D

See the Revelation book page 291.. :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Would 1080p be necessary? For my own personal use (I view it on my laptop), 720p is quite sufficient.

At my meeting last night, the local needs part was about Family Worship, and so the brother had the video "These Words . . . Must Be on Your Heart"—Family Interviews shown to the congregation on the screen at the front. I was sitting in the front row (almost), and even there 720p was sufficient.

Will we have 1080p in future listed on download button on JW Broadcasting?

My guess is bandwidth allocation. That would be considerably more data 1080p vs 720p. Or possibly done with more compression technology.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Ok friends. So if I were to use a projector, which resolution would you recommend - 1280 x 800 or 1920x1080 resolution projector?

You will have better projected image with 1920x1080.

Yet, in most cases you cannot notice the diference between a source vídeo in 1080p or 720p if you project with a 1920x1080 projector. The projector has the ability to interpolate the image from 720p to 1080p.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

I found the account of the brother being disturbed over the appointment of another, harboring envy and finally realizing it and the dangerous effects to be a very powerful warning.

I agree and I think it is an easy trap to fall into. I think there are many variations of that trap.

In just two months will be the first anniversary of JW Broadcasting. I wonder what surprises the brothers may be

planning for that ? That also will be just around the time for the annual meeting. I wonder if we will get the new songbook

they have been working on, as well as that study Bible promised in 2013 ? I for one would love to see a new segment

started on JW Broadcasting.  That of a news broadcast. This would be especially interesting if they would review the

news highlights for the previous month in light of Bible prophesy and the things they can see as our spiritual Watchmen

about what's going on in the world scene. Because of their global view and reports coming in from the branches around

the world they are aware of developments that here locally we may not be. Oct. marks the 70th anniversary of the UN with

whatever efforts they may begin to make toward the cry of peace and security. These and other developments of course

would not only be of great interest to the brothers, but vital for not only our welfare, but the whole worlds. So we will yet see

if that may be part of Jehovah's will, and part of the reason for his raising up JW Broadcasting at this time.

GStorrs46