JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Morning Worship Video

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3110 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The best morning worship video so far in my humble opinion ..

I like the phrase "that being dead is going to be boring" ... good one ! :ecstatic:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

we made this our FWN last evening,

and it turned into conversation & laughter on things we love about brother Lett.

one of the best FWN ever   B)

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

were nice morning worship! I am allways amazed by the many facets of the truth!!!

I really love the JWB! I hope one day we'll be conected with Bethel on a daily basis for the morning worship... :uhhuh:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

I loved how the bible will not be obsolete but will be used in conjunction with the new scrolls. Just love those faithful men who are taking the lead and looking after our spirituality. Nice one thanks for posting.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

That scripture text was on January 28th. I wonder how the brothers decide which MW they will put on JWB.

likely by keeping themselves attentive to leading of the Christ,

and lots of   :praying:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

We better study the Bible "harder" if we are to teach it to the resurrected ones in the new world .. Nice thought " The Bible and The New Scrolls both important for all eternity ! This morning worship really made me think and I asked myself if I Am really good student of The Bible ?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I loved how the bible will not be obsolete but will be used in conjunction with the new scrolls. Just love those faithful men who are taking the lead and looking after our spirituality. Nice one thanks for posting.

I always have felt that no matter how far into the new system we get we will always have a place in our lives for the Bible we possess now, it will especially be handy during the 'final test'! Personally, I never want to forget the lessons I learned living in this system and the inspired words that got me through it, it will also be invaluable to the children born into paradise and those resurrected into paradise.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 4 weeks later...

http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbmw_201509_1_VIDEO

New MW by Bro Morris III, I'm not being dogmatic about it however i think it's good.  :)

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I love the beginning point of where ones know God's law but didn't delight in it. Bro. Lett's example of Eve knowing God's law and even repeating it to Satan but she didn't delight in God's law. In the beginning Bro. Lett brought about the point of "really" and what it means so that brought out a deeper meaning when he brought out "Delighting in God's Law". 

Not appreciating God's law to the fullest. I see this in a couple of my own kids let alone others. But this is a common problem and I am hoping to wake up mine before the end comes. 

i love Bro. Lett, he is so dear to my heart. 

I just watched this video and I love how clear and to the point Bro Morris is. Maybe he is hinting on some things coming down the line that may be a little hard to take for some. Who knows. But he shows us how the proper way to handle such things and and that is by means of prayer. Very nice work.

He seemed awful serious...or something was weighing on his mind.

Seemed like he was making a response to some one or some group.  The GB have so much to deal with.  (Sorry...I'm not explaining myself very well.)

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

Seemed like he was making a response to some one or some group.  The GB have so much to deal with.  (Sorry...I'm not explaining myself very well.)

It can't be easy being on the front line of satan's attacks day and night. It seems giving them our obedience would help to lighten their load.

New MW by Bro Morris III, I'm not being dogmatic about it however i think it's good.  :)

since yesterday there seems to be a little confusion as to who is commenting on which of the TWO MW videos in this thread - August/Bro. Lett or September/Bro. Morris?

since yesterday there seems to be a little confusion as to who is commenting on which of the TWO MW videos in this thread - August/Bro. Lett or September/Bro. Morris?

Yes, you're right. Maybe we should specify which MW we're commenting on. In the future maybe we should start a new topic for each one so we don't get mixed up.

For either MW though, I'm always impressed by the deep insight of the GB members and the research that goes into just a short MW talk.

AM III got me  a little confused by choosing to refer to the original Greek work translated as decree (which is dogma). FS is not dogmatic because  dogma is a system of believes that has a negative connotation because people accept it without questioning and they are convinced that they are right.  From somebody that does not share our faith in the arrangement, that is exactly how it is perceived. There is now way to change that.

The main idea was obedience leads to blessings.  Acts 6:1 to 4 : GB guided by Jehovah should devote to prayer and ministry of the word (the same text was used by Brother Jackson during his testimony at the Royal Commission with a different purpose).

Acts 19: 4 and 5 The apostles were able to produce decrees that were distributed to the congregations (they did not make to the bible) Congregations were blessed because they obeyed the decrees.

He explained that the directions from the FS and branch committees are made collectively.  What we have is a theocratic arrangement. When directions come out if you want Jehovah's blessings, ask for help to understand and obey the directions. The result will be blessings.

My point is : since when has anybody questioned  the directions given in letters from the GB or branch committee?

Maybe he is already preparing us for new directions that we may question. The truth is even if we have doubts, we never question because it would likely lead to division,  we still obey and wait. That is how I feel.

The line of thought , the choice of texts and the reference to dogma did not make sense to me. The point is clear obedience leads to blessings and there are better examples than the ones chosen to prove the point.

Just sharing my overthinking. Sometimes I dislike myself. :(

My point is : since when has anybody questioned  the directions given in letters from the GB or branch committee?

Maybe he is already preparing us for new directions that we may question. The truth is even if we have doubts, we never question because it would likely lead to division,  we still obey and wait. That is how I feel.

The line of thought , the choice of texts and the reference to dogma did not make sense to me. The point is clear obedience leads to blessings and there are better examples than the ones chosen to prove the point.

My perception was the FDS is acknowledging they don't have all the answers up front. Sometimes they will revise their understanding of something as they get a better understanding of it, we have seen a lot of that in the last few years. If they were dogmatic, they wouldn't change.

You have the right attitude, we are obedient and we wait and see. Not everyone has had that attitude and some have left the truth when an understanding that they grew up with was updated and they found it hard to accept the change.

I think of the near future when the FDS may be openly attacked and all of the recent updates will be openly criticized. If someone has in their heart decided the FDS is infallible, their trust may crumble when the FDS are attacked. 

OTOH: Accepting that the FDS are not infallible doesn't mean we should pick and choose what we want to accept or think they are wishy-washy and we just need to wait and they'll revise 'this generation' again...

I think his point was that the FDS are not perfect but they are driving the bus. We can get off the bus or stay on the bus, shut up and hold on. No back seat drivers allowed... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

AM III got me  a little confused by choosing to refer to the original Greek work translated as decree (which is dogma). FS is not dogmatic because  dogma is a system of believes that has a negative connotation because people accept it without questioning and they are convinced that they are right.  From somebody that does not share our faith in the arrangement, that is exactly how it is perceived. There is now way to change that.

The main idea was obedience leads to blessings.  Acts 6:1 to 4 : GB guided by Jehovah should devote to prayer and ministry of the word (the same text was used by Brother Jackson during his testimony at the Royal Commission with a different purpose).

Acts 19: 4 and 5 The apostles were able to produce decrees that were distributed to the congregations (they did not make to the bible) Congregations were blessed because they obeyed the decrees.

He explained that the directions from the FS and branch committees are made collectively.  What we have is a theocratic arrangement. When directions come out if you want Jehovah's blessings, ask for help to understand and obey the directions. The result will be blessings.

Just sharing my overthinking. Sometimes I dislike myself. :(

Currently the word dogma in the dictionary means demonstrating a belief in an authoritarian manner; expressed a forceful way: subject dogmatic.

But the original Greek word dogma simply meant: decree, commandment or requirement (δόγμα)

I believe that Brother Morris used the current definition to differentiate the use of this word and the result of obeying a dogma in the original sense, biblical.

Currently the word dogma in the dictionary means demonstrating a belief in an authoritarian manner; expressed a forceful way: subject dogmatic.

But the original Greek word dogma simply meant: decree, commandment or requirement (δόγμα)

I believe that Brother Morris used the current definition to differentiate the use of this word and the result of obeying a dogma in the original sense, biblical.

Or in other words, the faithful and wise slave is not dogmatic in the current sense of the word. But when Christians obey the dogmas (in the biblical sense), or the decrees, they are blessed.

Seemed like he was making a response to some one or some group.  The GB have so much to deal with. 

this was my take as well,
  perhaps a serious subject just brings out his serious side...

not to worry, soon we will have our Gilead Grad & Annual Meeting on JWB and
   will all rejoice to once again bask in the straight-forward yet lighthearted personality of our beloved brother Morris