JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pope's visit to the US and UN/ Vatican vs. Politics

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3095 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

How much more messed up, cockeyed, ridiculous and unthinkable can this system get? I mean REALLY?

Out of all the things people have done they're now tripping over themselves to create more stupid things to do. Insanity reigns. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Current Pope meddles in politics and some are not happy ..suprise ...suprise LOL

When he addresses a joint session of Congress Thursday during an event that will be broadcast around the world, a large number of House and Senate Republicans want the leader of the Catholic Church to keep a lid on his progressive attitudes on climate change, immigration, guns and capitalism.

In interviews with CNN, a wide array of GOP lawmakers argued that the Pope's message should stay away from the political fights consuming Washington, and many expressed strong disapproval of the fiery views he's espoused since taking over the papacy in 2013.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/21/politics/pope-francis-congress-republicans-politics/index.html

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Maybe they will get all mad at each other and then when they kiss and make up it will be peace and security for every one.  :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yes! Go ahead and irritate each other as much as possible it is all part of bible prophecy!

Revelation 17: 15 He said to me: “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues. 16 And the ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire. 17 For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast,

Dream on, Turtle!

On another note, did y'all hear that the United Nations is having a big to-do that week? It would be supremely convenient for Jehovah, with all those criminals to be in the same place, wouldn't it?

Can that be His aim?

The irony does not escape me!

Convenient for what?

Funny Shawn! My husband told me when he was a kid, they were told to write a paper about Christmas. He wrote about how Santa's name had all the letters that Satan's name did and could there be a reason for that.(he was not raised as a witness either!) Needless to say, the teacher was not happy with his paper!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Im surprised you haven't given this a three popecorn vote yet!

Give me a link to the latest news and I'll rate it  :)

EDIT: Oh. pope corn. Funny!

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Current Pope meddles in politics and some are not happy ..suprise ...suprise LOL

When he addresses a joint session of Congress Thursday during an event that will be broadcast around the world, a large number of House and Senate Republicans want the leader of the Catholic Church to keep a lid on his progressive attitudes on climate change, immigration, guns and capitalism.

In interviews with CNN, a wide array of GOP lawmakers argued that the Pope's message should stay away from the political fights consuming Washington, and many expressed strong disapproval of the fiery views he's espoused since taking over the papacy in 2013.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/21/politics/pope-francis-congress-republicans-politics/index.html

Does anyone know or understand what he said to congress today?

This is the entire speech if anyone wants to listen. He pushed the issue of continued religious freedom and tolerance of others religious beliefs. Promoting peace, and he made the point that everyone should live by the golden rule (treat others as you would want them to treat you) and stated we have record refugee numbers and that we need to treat them as humans and help one another. He said everyone should remember that the majority of people in the U.S. are immigrants. Nothing big there unless I missed something...and God bless America a couple times...no new revelations.

The big thing I noticed was that he never once opened a bible or referred others to a scripture and he never once said Jehovah.

The big thing I noticed was that he never once opened a bible or referred others to a scripture and he never once said Jehovah.

Wow.

Now the Pope is coming out against the death penalty! So abortion is alright this year, gays are to be accepted into the church and now the death penalty for murderers is wrong - I'm beginning to think the Pope doesn't own a copy of the Bible at all, let alone read it.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D