JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Daily Bacon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 488 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Daily bacon for a longer life

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/06/worlds-oldest-woman-116-eats-bacon-everyday/73444660/

Not many people will say that eating bacon every day is the key to a long life, but the world’s oldest woman swears by it.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

LISTEN TO HER - I MUST!!!

Susannah Mushatt Jones, 116, keeps a steady diet of bacon, eggs and grits for breakfast. A sign in her kitchen reads: “Bacon makes everything better.”

:wub:  I think I am in love   :lol1:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 10/6/2015 at 4:13 PM, trottigy said:

LISTEN TO HER - I MUST!!!

:wub:  I think I am in love   :lol1:

I was waiting for your reaction... :lol1:

Edited by trottigy
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

116 Years old.   :eek: She know what she is talking about   :yes:  The voice of wisdom and reason right there!!!!   :lol1:

post-272-0-60830500-1444173638.jpg

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

116 Years old.   :eek: She know what she is talking about   :yes:  The voice of wisdom and reason right there!!!!   :lol1:

We could say it is the preservatives in the bacon...

Have you been cured?  :lol1:

There is NOTHING better than bacon (except maybe vanilla ice cream).  Momma and daddy loved bacon with the rind trimming the bottom edge.  You could chew on that for awhile!  How we loved that!  I could still do that if I had a  full set of teeth!  Have to wait awhile I suppose.  

And this is the question my daughter asked me yesterday ... Yes... We've all been there...

" Dad ... Will we have bacon in t he new system?"

When she definately wasn't happy with the " don't know" reply ... I said Jehovah might make her a bacon tree... Yes I went there...

And this is the question my daughter asked me yesterday ... Yes... We've all been there...

The answer is 'yes'

...on the hoof...it will just keep moving... :)

When she definately wasn't happy with the " don't know" reply ... I said Jehovah might make her a bacon tree... Yes I went there...

I always reply with:

Does God love you? Has he EVER taken BACK anything good from YOU?

Well, you have your answer :thumbsup:

Note: Acts 10:15 - He doesn't have to tell me 3 times :nope::chef:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

You have heard of the terminator movies staring an ex-politican Blackyblack ( sorta semi-translated name from Deutsch [ German ] )

Now ahs haz herd dat there's goinna be a new movie "The Baconator" starrin "Wendy's Day" und ourz owne "Jerry the Trottigy".

Say - in an oldie kiddie rymnin tail wazn't the piggy goin' bye da moniker "Jerry the bacon on the hoof" err ah doez mean pig?

Dis ist frum Peter Cottontail ali ass Peter Rabid Rabbitt. :o

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I'm thinkin' that with our perfect brains somebody will be able to genetically modify some

form of vegetation to 'taste' exactly like bacon.  

Who knows?  There may even be such a thing already growing

in an unexplored region of the Amazon Rain Forest. :D 

A little more modifying and you could have the crunchy, munchy texture of bacon, too. ^_^

And, without all those harmful preservatives!   ^_^ 

Ingesting sodium nitrites gives me a doozy of a headache. :(  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I'm thinkin' that with our perfect brains somebody will be able to genetically modify some

form of vegetation to 'taste' exactly like bacon.  

They found a seaweed that tastes like bacon and we had a nice thread on that but I don't think that anyone has claimed to live 116 years by eating seaweed every day..

:lol1: don't you worry my sister. I am confident we will be able to eat meat in the new system - that includes bacon :yes: I am mean, who would take bacon away from their kids :nope:

I am reminded of a bible verse:

Acts 24:15 - I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be bacon both crunchy and un-chrunchy :thumbsup:

Or something like that :)

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Or...Maybe the delectable taste of bacon will simply  

not be called to mind anymore? ^_^

I've heard that pigs are highly intelligent. :huh: 

Let's ask one... ^_^ 

Cuuuuuute little piggy, do you think there will be bacon in the New System?

tumblr_m5s0r4F2hG1ryds47o2_r1_250.gif

I don't know how reliable pig speculations are,

but the cuuuuuuute little oinker seems pretty adamant... ^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...