JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Daily Bacon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 511 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have tried bacon and chocolate. At first it sounds good, but it didn't taste good in reality - to me.

I much prefer bacon and peanut butter - if you have to have it with something OR a BLT or turkey club or ..... :)

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 8/28/2017 at 1:41 AM, trottigy said:

I have tried bacon and chocolate. At first it sounds good, but it didn't taste good in reality - to me.

I much prefer bacon and peanut butter - if you have to have it with something OR a BLT or turkey club or ..... :)

I'm a bit old school, bacon with bacon.:D

Had my green bean casserole with bacon and fried mushrooms and crispy onion on top for breakfast. Oh so good. Then found this little gem...I do believe it's going to be my next bacon buddy. This and a fresh green salad.

I AM IN LOW CARB HEAVEN WITH THIS ONE!!!! YUMMMY!!!
Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 tablespoon green onion, Chopped
2 pieces bacon, Partially Cooked
Directions:
Pound out Chicken breast so it is about 1/4" thick.
Mix together cream cheese and green onions and spread cheese mixture over 1 side of chicken breast.
Roll chicken breast up to conceal cream cheese.
Wrap partially cooked bacon around chicken breast and secure with toothpick.
Place on baking sheet and back for about 30 minutes at 375.
Broil for about 5 minute to crisp bacon.

59ac289546841_baconchicken.jpg.887ec6e0db285a1fe978644b797e9892.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Had my green bean casserole with bacon and fried mushrooms and crispy onion on top for breakfast. Oh so good. Then found this little gem...I do believe it's going to be my next bacon buddy. This and a fresh green salad.

I AM IN LOW CARB HEAVEN WITH THIS ONE!!!! YUMMMY!!!
Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts:

Aww, you got me at the cream cheese!!!!  Kids used to say 'slap my mouth'.........I agree!!  Please send me your breakfast recipe.  Thanks.  

I read a few recipes of green bean casserole and decided I wanted it a bit different. I don't measure much so here's what I ended up doing.

2 cans cream mushroom soup

Colander of fresh green beans- steamed till doneness you prefer (or use canned)

chopped red onion- raw

10 strips of crisp bacon chopped

leftover crisp fried crimini mushrooms

couple handfulls grated mozzarella cheese mixed with a bit of grated cheddar. 

I warmed everything up together, added the steamed beans, poured into greased 9x9 baking dish, topped with cheese and French's Crispy Onions. Cooked at 350 till the onion started browning. It was hot going in so it didn't take long.

When I warm leftovers I simply put a healthy scoop in a fry pan with a lid. And add more crispy onion before eating!

For lunch, because there was only a little left, I added some of my broccoli/cauliflower casserole to it. It has bacon, velveeta and cream cheese. OMGoodness! Oh and the last of the mushrooms.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

BLT  Peameal Bacon with Romain Lettuce and Tomato with Mayo on rye ( can be toasted ).:eat:   Not as good as it used to be.

However I have never had it in Toronto. :(

Peameal Bacon is a Canadian thing - started in Toronto by a butcher. Lean Pork Loin soaked in Brine, originally coated with pea meal, now cornmeal.

That butcher's shop is now Canada Packers.  Toronto got its name from its pork products - Hogtown.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=peameal+bacon&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=R4KyWYqOJaOijwS3u76YAw

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/great-canadian-cookbook/blog/the-history-of-canadian-peameal-bacon/

http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_peameal_bacon_sandwiches_in_toronto/

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

21 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Bye the way. So called "Canadian Bacon" is an American invention.(td)

Not as good as Peameal bacon.:eat:

Eh?

Canadian bacon isn't from Canada? :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, adamcu78 said:

Ahhhhh...............can never get enough good news.:)

Naked Bacon... That's what I'm talking about! ... That's au natural right there! ... You friends in UK let the rest of us know your thoughts on scale if 1-10 from awful to amazing... Available January! f57e4f2118bc23859cbaa51700375581.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Dove said:

images (1).jpg

He'll change his mind when he gets older, we all get to the point where we want to get rid of some fat...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D