JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Daily Bacon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 489 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My wife and I just shared a bacon Bloody Mary in New Orleans :scared:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

My wife and I just shared a bacon Bloody Mary in New Orleans :scared:

Ah huh! Sure you did. 🤮🤮🤮🤮.       😁😁😁😁😁😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

5 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Ah huh! Sure you did. 🤮🤮🤮🤮.       😁😁😁😁😁😁

She drank most of it...:)

20180502_084216.thumb.jpg.10a6dfdedcc2325ddc27cbbff866e229.jpg

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just........doesn’t sound good. 😏😏😏.       And i’m hungry right now. 

But NOT for a bacon 🥓 Bloody Mary. 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2015 at 12:06 PM, Tortuga said:

Daily bacon for a longer life

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/06/worlds-oldest-woman-116-eats-bacon-everyday/73444660/

Not many people will say that eating bacon every day is the key to a long life, but the world’s oldest woman swears by it.

On 1/20/2017 at 8:45 PM, Tortuga said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/sweet-potatoes-are-the-secret-to-a-long-life-says-family-of-oldest-person-in-the-us/ar-AAxkqTw?li=BBnb4R7

Apparently the secret to longevity is bacon, sweet potatoes and chocolate. Does anyone have a good recipe?

18 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Great!!! Now I can justify my addiction to sweet potato fries.😁

I like them with a mild chili aioli. 

Edited by Tortuga

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Apparently the secret to longevity is bacon, sweet potatoes and chocolate. Does anyone have a good recipe?

Ooh! You're looking for a recipe that combines all of those? I'm going to ask the sisters in our hall to work on one. (I'll start by asking the oldest sisters.)

9 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Ooh! You're looking for a recipe that combines all of those? I'm going to ask the sisters in our hall to work on one. (I'll start by asking the oldest sisters.)

Ask which wine to pair it with, wine is healthy too...😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 5:55 PM, pnutts said:

I have refused statins for years.  Now doctors are starting to realize that a lot of people can't take them.

My pain levels are high enough without more muscle pain caused by statins.

Some time ago, my doc insisted on statins and I stopped within the first month. Then some time later, I got the hard push for statins and agreed to the one with least "side effects." Also docs wanted me to change my diet from low carb to a "more balanced" diet. While these things did not necessarily lead to my recent hospitalization (extreme anemia, low hemo scores) I was suffering for a number of months from shortness of breath, extreme limb/muscle pains, sleeplessness, brain fog. I am now tapering myself off of the statins and reducing my carbs again. I'm adding back red yeast rice, fish oil, co-q10 and am looking at other suggestion on the "lower my cholesterol thread." Sorry if I am OT  (again).   A week and a half ago, the docs didn't expect me to survive the night without "blood". Not only did I survive, I was discharged much sooner than any medical folks could have predicted. My primary has me seeing a cardiologist b/c of high cholesterol. I intend to suspend appts with the heart doc. I've never had a heart attack. 

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

IMG_3746.JPG.f9011b675b2648e0162acf6e921ebfca.JPG

Another reason to smash the grapes and ferment them...😁

Oh yes, black widow spiders in grapes. I remember....Long, long ago, and far, far away..... actually in Madras Oregon 1958, a semi truckload of grapes overturned in front of the trailercourt where this poverty stricken pioneer and his partner Gary lived. The truck driver was trying to find another rig they could offoad the grapes to. Being a young entrepreneur and hungry, I made a deal with the driver to provide a crew to go into the trailer, which was on its side off the road, to load the grapes on to a new truck. The trucking company decided it wasn't practical and they gave the grapes away. Me and my pioneer partner opened the side door to the trailer and passed out wooden crates of grapes to all comers. We had only been at it a few minutes when we noticed a lot of spiders in the crates. Then we noticed they weren’t just any spiders they were all black widows. We assumed the black widows moved into the crates when they were stacked for the winter in roofed over storage areas. One of our crew abandoned the job immediately but Gary and I persisted until all our brothers that wanted grapes got their full supply. I have wondered if black widow spiders made the jelly taste better or did it give an additional kick to the wine. :)

That was the same year that we pioneers feasted on a rattlesnake that made the mistake of crossing the road in front of a bunch of hungry pioneers. O-o-om good, fried rattle snake. :D I wouldn't say it if it wasn't so.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.