JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lessons learned at JWTalks..

I'm really BAD about that!  I type like I talk - one ongoing, rambling sentence!

OhIknowwhatyoumeansometimesIcan'tfigureoutwhereonewordstopsandanotherwordbegins!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Be positive.

While composing, ask "What purpose does this post serve".

:thumbsup: Is it to unite us or cause divisions? Is it to point to yourself as knowing something others don't (Pride) OR is it to point to the slave as the appropriate channel (Humility) ?
Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Remember your mothers words,  "If you don't have something good to say about someone don't say anything at all."

Hmmm..

Maybe we should be tracking how many zero posters get cleaned out each year, there may be a trend that we need to be looking at...

:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Lots of great comments..

I think about what I have specifically learned due to being on JWTalks and I have to admit that I am learning to season my words with salt because I've had to eat them a few times..

I've also learned that loves comes in many forms. It may not look like love, it may not feel like love but it was love...

Based on a post in another topic I thought it would be fun to list some of the 'life's lessons' we have learned at JWT

Q. Richard- does it have to be a negative life lesson? One that irritates or can we say positive life lessons too, in how we've grown or what we've learned from JWT?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

can we say positive life lessons too, in how we've grown or what we've learned from JWT?

Absolutely. I would encourage that.

One of the lessons I learned is that we shouldn't only speak up when something is wrong, we should talk more about good things than bad things..

What I appreciate is ...

I really feel closer to the worldwide brotherhood ...

An instant resource on 1000's of topics ... Some we may never have even thought of....

Made some fantastic friends ...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

What I appreciate is ...

I really feel closer to the worldwide brotherhood ...

An instant resource on 1000's of topics ... Some we may never have even thought of....

Made some fantastic friends ...

To me, personally Lance, you are our therapist on JWT. Your insight into mental disabilities has helped me and I know has helped many others and I thank you for sticking around and taking the time to make an educated and insightful observation that hits home most every single time. 

I love your responses and respect them too. Thanks for all your insights, I get so much out of them. 

Even though this forum is hosted in the US and is in English, we need to keep in mind that English is NOT everyone's first language - so, be tolerant of the posts that are from our "International Friends"

I was also going to mention to post information with a link, but Deena beat me to it.

Also, in addition to posting only the pertinent part of a post you are responding to, especially a long post - DO use the quote feature when responding to a post, particularly if that post does not IMMEDIATELY precede your response post.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Ok, I've learned to....how to trust, conservatively. How to talk effectively. How to convey thoughts in a more concise way and that I like to read things that way too. I've learned there's more than one way to respond to an abrasive comment. 

It has been said but I concur to the thought that if you have something to say that is contradictory or perhaps correcting someone type it out first, preferably on Word or something, walk away then come back. You'll probably change it before posting.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Need to add real quick- I appreciate how this forum keeps me up on the brotherhood, what's new, what's coming, spoilers, info to be shared at the meeting etc. I'm not married to a brother so my life is, has been, left in the dark because I'm not part of those 'who know', but on this forum I get to know, what can be revealed, and it makes me feel good. A sister known for being the first to 'know' came up to me and 'shared' what she knew was going to be announced at the meeting. I told her I knew last week, it wasn't secret, but she was miffed that 'ol me' would know anything.  :raspberry:  What I wanted to do! HA!

No, no that is his mind at work! I love it!

Sorry to disappoint, but that is Richard's mind projecting off of mine!!!! I told him my thoughts and sentences ramble together and that was his response - so if you love his mind, you have to love mind as well! haha!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Sorry to disappoint, but that is Richard's mind projecting off of mine!!!! I told him my thoughts and sentences ramble together and that was his response - so if you love his mind, you have to love mind as well! haha!

Run Jerry Run! Save yourself! 

Escape while you ca.......

Where? I was in Napa where were you?

By the way had great pizza there!

I wish we could have met someplace while you were here. Did you go to any wineries?

On Topic: I learned JWT is a great place to meet new friends..

Edited by Tortuga

Getting the "last word" on a topic does not make your viewpoint correct.

The longer the post, also does not mean your opinion is correct.

Sometimes, it is just digging the hole deeper! And deeper. And, even deeper!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 5 months later...
On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 9:42 AM, trottigy said:

Don't quote a long post!

If you must, only quote the point in it you are responding to.

...bump...