JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

star wars the force awakens

The makers are using this informative footage from the Star Wars Movie to raise money for the charities helping people living in the tourist towns and villages all round these places shown/used as backdrops in the Movie who were flooded out of their homes and businesses in Storm Desmond this December. Also to raise awareness that we are still open for business even though we may be more difficult to get to because one of our main routes was washed away and many of our bridges. 

We are virtually cut-off from Thirlmere at present. The Royal Engineers (army ) have cleared all the land-slips and fallen trees, but the river washed a big chunk of the main route away too.This Lake feeds the city of Manchester with drinking water.

Blencathra mountain was sold for £1.8m by Lord Lowther to help pay some of the £10m death taxes from his ancestor's demise many years ago.

Edited by retroHelen

I saw it tonight with friends from the local congregations. A pretty big group. We all loved it. Safe to say that JJ Abrams redeemed the films after the disasters known as the prequels. It felt like classic Star Wars and at the same time added something different. When you see it, you won't be talking about the VFX or the lightsaber battles. You'll be talking about the characters and how much depth each of the new main characters have. Poe, Finn, Rey, and Kylo Ren are all great characters and reminded me of the originals in so many ways.

Adam Driver knocks it out of the park with his performance as Kylo Ren. Out of all the new characters, Ren was the one that caught my attention the most throughout the movie. I can't go into detail about him without getting into spoiler territory, so you'll just have to find out for yourself. Overall, if you loved the original trilogy, you'll love this movie. I would have loved to see a few characters get fleshed out more. Characters like General Hux and Captain Phasma are interesting, but they felt under used. That is my only gripe with the movie. That is a problem that can be easily remedied in future movies though, so it's not a major flaw or big deal. If you like Star Wars, see this movie. Seeing this got me excited for Rogue One and Episode VIII. The franchise is in good hands with Disney and Kathleen Kennedy. I only hope that JJ Abrams stays aboard either as a producer or writer, since a director has already been named for the next film. He did an amazing job. Not too many people in the world can be loved by both Trekkies and Star Wars fans. Haha.

This was amazing... "Too bad" Armaggeddon is coming before Star Wars VIII  ^_^

Anyway, I'm building the Millenium Falcon in Paradise, who's in?

If you can get it to fly you can visit me on Venus... :)  

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D