JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

star wars the force awakens

just got back from seeing it, holds true to story line.

Those that liked the original  first three will not be disappointed, it was AWESOME

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

I'm building my own starship. It will actually adhere to the rules of aerodynamics!

And, then it will spend most of its service life in an airless environment. ..(smiling face here )

They don't gotta be pretty, just FTL...

Edited by tekmantwo

It was great! Sitting next to my 6 almost 7 year old was very odd. His "Star Wars" favorites are gonna be different then mine as a little kid. He loves BB8 and of course the new main characters are good and really connect you back to 4-6. He keeps calling them the OLD movies, I prefer vintage.

Also, weirdo alert at the movies. We saw a matinee at 12:30 and it was crowded of course, but their was this young man (early 20s) completely dressed as kylo ren, mask, saber every detail. Which wouldn't be that odd considering other people dressed up, however. He was completely by himself. He ended looking sad and lonely.

At the thaeter my daughters went to, you could wear a costume, but NO mask, NO face paint, No weapons - fake or real

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Brother John, I understand that is the rule for most of the U.S. And they are also having police patrol the theaters for safety...we have to be close because never before have we had such issues.

Also, Disney and other major theme parks are putting metal detectors in place and other measures...it's everywhere now.

Loved it! Seen it in 3d.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I love the very first 3 star Wars movies (I'm a product of the 70's, what can I say?!!!) so I am looking forward to this movie. I didn't read the whole thread because I didn't want to see any spoilers but now I know that this is a movie to see for people like me!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Very Sad to hear that. what good do they do with plastic explosives?

Plastic explosives need something to ignite them. Usually this is done with an igniter or blasting cap. These are metal and include wires. They'll show up in a metal detector.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/man-jailed-after-student-threatened-over-star-wars-spoiler/ar-BBnPhd2?ocid=spartandhp

Man jailed after student threatened over "Star Wars" spoiler

Wow...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I did too I loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be. I heard anyone that loved the original 3 will love this one and they are right. It was amazing.

One awesome thing? Jar Jar is not in it. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green