JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

star wars the force awakens

May 26, 2017 release date of episode 8

Decisions..decisions. Do I want Armageddon to come now or after May 26 2017.....? :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I think I am a really weird person. After watching star wars, my final thought was  that growing old without our hope must be terrible. The old characters looked  so waisted .. It is a terrible thing to grow old, It is unnatural. It is painful. It is clearly not how it was supposed to be. Thanks God,we know it is not the end. I feel sorry for the rest of humanity. Ahh

Watched it with my brother, sister-in-law and wife last night.

Rhymed well with the original trilogy..... unlike the horrible prequels!

I wasn't totally blown away but also definitely not disappointed.

What did bother me was that it seemed a little fast forwarded... like they cut 0.5 seconds out of every scene so that the movie would be little over an hour. No scenes were ever given a little bit more time to unfold, which some really would have needed, like the big plot twist at the end. Or where Rey is confronted with her past. The film pushes right past those scenes somehow.

I look forward to Episode VIII

Spoiler theory in this site address. Don't click if you haven't seen it!

Who is Snoke. Very Interesting.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Who-Star-Wars-Supreme-Leader-Snoke-Might-Actually-102497.html

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

There was actually one spot during the movie that I felt they skipped too, I thought the movie had a glitch or something. I'm not talking about shortened scenes but like a spliced section. Did anyone else see it or notice.

We went with others in the hall and they noticed it too...maybe it was just the movie theater we were at. I will have to get the movie and watch it closely.

• 2 weeks later...

i wasn't enthralled.  no originality. been there done that.  Harrisonford is selfish for his characters plot  story..... in the books that doesn't happen.  Yes the movie happened way to fast.... like all the scenes say things to fast and your cheated.  and the amount of new characters? seems like its half a caste.

I will start by saying that I enjoyed the movie. I will folow with the fact that I saw teh original Star Wars when it was first released (now called A New Hope - it was just called Star Wars when it came out)

I would venture that most who went to see The Force Awakens have seen, not only the original trilogy, but episodes 1-3 also. That means we are "well versed" in the Star Wars galaxy and lore. Many have also read some of the many books that were written between the two trilogies.

That means that many know of the Jedi Accademy, Luke's marriage to Mara Jade, Han and Leia being married and having a set of twins and a third chld named Anakin and that it was Luke who had a son named Ben - and perhaps the eventualities of some of those characters.

With all that, is it any wonder that some are not as "enthused" with this movie.

Think back though. If you take Star Wars: Episode IV (A New Hope) and only that movie and ignore your knowledge of the entire series - it could also be said that it moves to fast, leaves too much unexplained, under utilized "named" actors while including too many "new" actors to us.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

i wasn't enthralled.  no originality. been there done that.  Harrisonford is selfish for his characters plot  story..... in the books that doesn't happen.  Yes the movie happened way to fast.... like all the scenes say things to fast and your cheated.  and the amount of new characters? seems like its half a caste.

Exactly my opinion, Richard.

They just mixed up elements of the original trilogy. The result was a lame story.

Chrissy :wave:

Exactly my opinion, Richard.

They just mixed up elements of the original trilogy. The result was a lame story.

If looked at honestly and solely on it's own, the original movie that this episode seems to be based around is also a lame story - but, that does not make it less fun to watch .... and this one can also be fun to watch if one does NOT try to "compare" it to any previous episode - because, no matter what is in this movie, it may not be what "you" thought it should be, therefore, regardless of how many did enjoy the movie, unless it tells the story "you" think it should, it will never meet "your" expectations .... one of the inherit problem with sequels/prequels

Please note: the "you" is not intended to be applied to any one poster, it is the "universal you" so I did not have to keep saying "one"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I am going to ask a ques but try not to give anything away: the 2 characters in dark- the one we know who it ends up being but what happened to the other one? Sorry but I don't wanna give anymore away lol

Just wondering if this particular character might play a role down the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was stated by George Lucas that none of the books were Canon to the original stories of the 6 movies that where previously made. As far as the current Star Wars rebels story line and the previous Star Wars The Clone Wars cartoon series they are Canon to the movies but not the expanded Universe. So none of the story lines that are mentioned about Mara Jade and the children that where born are not Cannon and have no bearing on this movie or any others to come. 

So as far as the story line of The Force Awakens it is in fact in line with the previous movies and the Cartoon series I mentioned. As far as the character that is mentioned he will carry on in the rest. Just not sure how. It will be interesting to see how things play out. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

• 2 weeks later...

I am still trying to decide whether I'd like to see the movie.  I enjoy the original 3 (and even the prequels were ok)  but not sure about this one yet.  Mainly cause I liked where Jedi ended (I like a happy ending what can I say)   I also enjoy spoilers so I know what happens.  And it's because of a couple of things I've heard that make me still hesitant about seeing it. Probably will be on dvd if I do see it.  I did happen to see the star wars fireworks at Disney for the 18th of December which was really cool, set to Star Wars music, and also the new exhibit they have.