Tortuga

Food Shows...

49 posts in this topic

My lovely wife watches every food show there and continually berates some of the contestants..

We are both currently enjoying the The Great British Baking Show. It's a simple departure from the overblown American food show challenges. 

califlorican likes this

ID:3   Posted (edited)

Are you trying to say you have been Chopped from a Cutthroat Kitchen with a Tripple G because of fallout from the food wars?

I was ready to jump on my Food Truck and start searching for the Worst Cooks among the celebrity, adult and Junior Master Chefs...

It seems to be a Restaurant Impossible...

Edited by Tortuga

I love the cooking shows that aren't a competition. Something that's an enjoyable activity shouldn't be competitive.

Doesn't this fall into the category of a competitive sport?? Hmmm? 

Tortuga and Miss Bea like this

It's funny you mention that since Dump-n-Stir is what sent the Food Network to popularity and now you can hardly find one - they now have a network full of so-called "reality" shows

bagwell1987 likes this

:DI like to pretend I'm playing along with chopped - I write out all of the ingredients and then pretend what I would make with them :lol: That's how someone with poor health occupies theirself after studying lol

Tortuga and lovejoypeace like this

I love the Great British Bake Off! It made me so happy because all the contestants were SO nice to each other- not like in the American shows where they insult one another and talk so highly of themselves.

Tortuga likes this

I love the Great British Bake Off! It made me so happy because all the contestants were SO nice to each other- not like in the American shows where they insult one another and talk so highly of themselves.

I was a little surprised at this year winner, I thought the other two girls had been doing better. It was so close that my wife and I felt any of the top three could have won.

I was a little surprised at this year winner, I thought the other two girls had been doing better. It was so close that my wife and I felt any of the top three could have won.

Can I ask how you watch it? We don't have cable, just saw the one season on Netflix but I'd love to see more. If it's a cable channel maybe I'll have to convince someone to let me come over to watch :D

Can I ask how you watch it? We don't have cable, just saw the one season on Netflix but I'd love to see more. If it's a cable channel maybe I'll have to convince someone to let me come over to watch :D

We have basic cable and it was shown on the PBS channel. I think PBS started airing it several weeks after it started airing in Britain.

If it is on PBS, it may be available through the PBS app on the ROKU

Cutthroat Kitchen is comical. I like the follow up show that explains how they select the tortures. All have been vetted to make sure they can still cook with them.

Tortuga likes this

I like eating food NOT WATCHING   :lol1:

im with on that one 

My lovely wife watches every food show there and continually berates some of the contestants..

We are both currently enjoying the The Great British Baking Show. It's a simple departure from the overblown American food show challenges.

She watched the Australian Masterchef yet? (Only 62 episodes) all on youtube - the latest series is anyway. It features Heston Blumenthal, Maggie Bier, Rick Stein and many other brilliant chefs. I like the Aussie one because they aren't at each others throat and you learn a lot more about the cooking techniques.

Tortuga likes this

She watched the Australian Masterchef yet? (Only 62 episodes) all on youtube - the latest series is anyway. It features Heston Blumenthal, Maggie Bier, Rick Stein and many other brilliant chefs. I like the Aussie one because they aren't at each others throat and you learn a lot more about the cooking techniques.

No, she watches old episodes of Martha Stewart on youtube but other than the British Baking show I think she only watches domestic shows.

Stormswift likes this

Anything with Gordon Ramsey I will watch!  :)

We watched the first couple of seasons of Hell's Kitchen but it got a little too rude for us so we stopped. Several years ago we went to Las Vega and had dinner with the season 2 winner Heather West. 

I caught the finale of the Great British Baking Show last week.

Good show... and Paul is definitely tasty!  :D

Tortuga likes this

No, she watches old episodes of Martha Stewart on youtube but other than the British Baking show I think she only watches domestic shows.

Prolly better not to tell her about the aussie one then, she will get hooked and you will hate me forever.

I caught the finale of the Great British Baking Show last week.

Good show... and Paul is definitely tasty!   :D

Stop.... that.... :D

I'd get in trouble if I said that about any of the female contestants... :uhhuh:

trottigy likes this

Not from me!  Jehovah created us all with an eye for beauty.  To ignore or deny it is just unrealistic, imo.

I thought a few of the female contestants were lovely, as well.  I just don't recall their names...  ^_^

LeslieDean likes this

Not from me!  Jehovah created us all with an eye for beauty.  To ignore or deny it is just unrealistic, imo.

I thought a few of the female contestants were lovely, as well.  I just don't recall their names...  ^_^

In that case :) , I thought the three finalists were absolutely lovely, my wife agreed.. :)

Hope likes this

In that case :) , I thought the three finalists were absolutely lovely, my wife agreed.. :)

If the final 3 were all girls, I think that must have been the series from 2 years ago (I'm a fan of the show :D ) my husband was very fond of watching Ruby! The girl who won that year made fantastic cakes. She has quit her day job now and does baking things all the time.

I have to make sure I have cake in the house before I watch the show, I always end up craving it whilst watching!

If the final 3 were all girls, I think that must have been the series from 2 years ago (I'm a fan of the show :D ) my husband was very fond of watching Ruby! The girl who won that year made fantastic cakes. She has quit her day job now and does baking things all the time.

I have to make sure I have cake in the house before I watch the show, I always end up craving it whilst watching!

You are right! I thought it was a current show but I did a search for Ruby and she was a contestant in 2013. How funny! We thought it was a 2015 show.