JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting in California

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3030 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's ridiculous. The facility is for disabled ones. So sad.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

During the fires in California I installed an app that streams broadcasts from various agencies and I was able to monitor the emergency response. I've used it a few times when I heard helicopters flying around locally.

I found out the other day during the Colorado 'Active Shooter' situation that the app will notify me when a large number of people are listening to a particular broadcast. It notified me today as people started listening to the San Bernardino Police Dept. I don't usually listen to Police scanners but I am listening to this one..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The scary thing is they don't know how many shooters there are or WHERE they are presently!  This could be the first of several planned attacks on certain facilities.  Of course, we all know this is the "norm" from now on - mass shootings, which is so sad.  One day far, far into the future someone will say "remember toward the end of the last days there used to be a lot of mass shootings?" and someone born into the new system, now in their 30's will say "what is a mass shooting?"

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Tragic, regardless, however if this is terrorism (domestic or extremism) ....people are going to lose their minds and become vigilantes, attack the innocent, etc.

Edited by Tbs77

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/01/sheriff-joe-arpaio-sends-armed-citizens-malls-protect-terrorist-attacks/

But Sheriff Joe also highlighted the important roll concealed carry permit holders will play in Maricopa County:

The volunteer posse can’t do it alone, so with nearly 250,000 Arizonans carrying concealed weapons, terrorists with evil intent entering large gatherings, including shopping malls, should be worried about armed citizens who will be ready to defend themselves and others.

Right now it seems the most useful weapon is the cell phone. The police are getting multiple civilian reports of suspicious people or vehicles.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

During the fires in California I installed an app that streams broadcasts from various agencies and I was able to monitor the emergency response. I've used it a few times when I heard helicopters flying around locally.

I found out the other day during the Colorado 'Active Shooter' situation that the app will notify me when a large number of people are listening to a particular broadcast. It notified me today as people started listening to the San Bernardino Police Dept. I don't usually listen to Police scanners but I am listening to this one..

Scanner Radio app just notified me that close to 10,000 people are suddenly listening to San Bernardino's PD.

Flicked on the TV and Fox News has live coverage.

Anybody who can't see that these are the 'Last Days' has his head in the sand. (Or a colander over their head.)

heads-in-the-sand.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Scanner Radio app just notified me that close to 10,000 people are suddenly listening to San Bernardino's PD.

Over 114,000 listening now...

I mention in ministry, to those that wonder what this world is coming to, every time I get that the "ostrich effect" has gotten to many people.

Very prevalent here - unless it affects NZ - nothing is wrong with the world. It's so frustrating.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Very prevalent here - unless it affects NZ - nothing is wrong with the world. It's so frustrating.

Understood...I've personally taken the refinement to heart of Daniel 2:44. Living in the last days within the Anglo-American world power I feel I got to bring my spiritual "A" game to help at least one more person respond to the good news. I try to help people see where we are in the stream of time. I mention 1914 everytime I get now.

That way, I can listen to two different channels at the same time. :headphones: 

I don't want to sidetrack this thread but I was on the Emergency Response Team at an oil refinery and I'm familiar with the Incident Command System and Unified Command, it is interesting to listen the systems being used during an emergency.

The San Bernardino PD has a dark-colored Chevy stopped.  

LOTS of gunfire exchanged.  One suspect down in the street.

One still in the vehicle, firing. And a third suspect, supposedly, took off on foot down an alley.  

Can't be confirmed, yet.

A bearcat (armored vehicle) is approaching the suspect vehicle.

One officer was hit by a deflected bullet.

Scary times. :(  There's a school nearby. :unsure: 

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Police have found a pipe bomb and there is an A R strapped to the chest of the suspect

in the backseat of the car.

I have no idea what an A R is, unless it's an automatic rifle? 

The suspect in the back of the dark Chevy is still breathing.

Don't know about the suspect down in the street.

They are still pursuing another suspect.