JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting in California

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3051 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Incident at Salt Lake City school in progress...

It's a report of a student possibly with a gun at a school.

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted. I'll let the news report the news...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Where is your link?????????????

No link. My scanner app notified me that over 2500 people were listening to the Salt Lake city police frequency.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

You mean that not everyone has guns and bombs at home?

Here's a scary statistic - in the U.S. there is at least one mass shooting EVERY DAY!  So far this year there have been 351 mass shootings (not counting what just happened, and another one happened last night!) No body in public office thinks this is a problem?  Obama mentioned in a news conference that no other country has mass shootings like the U.S. (unless they are at war like the Palastinians and Isrealites, etc)  

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Interesting point about ups deliveries. There were many of them prior to attack and they ups driver said either husband or wife was rude to them.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I know everyone has heard me say that many have guns for good reasons...but honestly I would rather them be illegal, banned and removed than have more of this situation happen. Human lives are more important. I just don't think they can make them illegal without an uprising in the U.S. And it still won't help terrorists from killing many people because they will get them from overseas and use other means. Sad, ugly system of things we have to deal with.

I am so interested in seeing what next steps will be taken against these terrorist groups when they can't control them with all their military powers. People are getting frustrated and scared.

I think everyone knows what will happen if we try to take people's guns away - the people who would never kill with them are the ones that would give them up and the people who would kill with them would end up keeping theirs or finding a way to get another or more - same problem we have now would continue to exist and probably escalate.  People will say "you want to take away my gun" then you can go down with it!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

It's interesting that one day I saw a wall picture that said "Guns don't kill people, people do." At first I just rolled my eyes but then I stopped to ponder over what many people say. Guns are dangerous but when used properly can be safe for things like target practice, etc. Sadly though, I realized something...Even if guns were successfully banned, those with wicked intentions would just find something else to use, if only there bare hands.... O.O We live in a very frightening world folks!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I'm consistently amazed that people seem to think that gun control means taking guns away.    <_<

Not to be political or anything, but it seems like only the US is so ridiculously fanatical about keeping guns available for everyone -- with barely any regulations, requirements for ownership, etc.  It's more difficult to get permission to drive and own a car than it is for a gun.

It's a mentality that I cannot reconcile.

I personally will be glad when guns exist only for target practice if they even exist at all. :wub: It seems like humans are too intelligent for their own good in some ways and too unwise in others...They are smart enough to create the atom bomb and weapons but not smart enough to see that war & murder only make things worse.... :unsure:-_-

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I know everyone has heard me say that many have guns for good reasons...but honestly I would rather them be illegal, banned and removed than have more of this situation happen. Human lives are more important. I just don't think they can make them illegal without an uprising in the U.S. And it still won't help terrorists from killing many people because they will get them from overseas and use other means. Sad, ugly system of things we have to deal with.

I am so interested in seeing what next steps will be taken against these terrorist groups when they can't control them with all their military powers. People are getting frustrated and scared.

And so that is why we know only Jehovah can solve this issue.  Because it is simplistic to think that banning guns will stem the tide of violence.  It sure sends the right message in the community - in Australia that happened after our worst ever mass murder, and it became much stricter to own a gun unless you had a valid reason, and this is heavily regulated.  So our country heaved a sigh of relief because our leaders were "seen" to be solving the problem.  We don't have the same mentality that US has re gun control being a violation of one's rights.  Most of us here don't believe having a gun is part of the solution to violence, so hardly any opposed the gun control laws.

But we still have murders with guns here in Australia.  Two were lone wolf attacks - the seige in the Sydney cafe, and the Parramatta shooting of a police accountant by extremists.  They were able to get the guns they needed, illegally.  We have many bikie violence incidents, who always seem to have illegal weapons. Domestic violence is on the rise, and so is incidents of illegal guns used in the murders.

So, it's not really much of a solution with the banning of guns, is it? It sends the right message, but those who comply with that law and hand in their guns are usually not the ones who are causing the violence, are they?

I'm consistently amazed that people seem to think that gun control means taking guns away.    <_<

Not to be political or anything, but it seems like only the US is so ridiculously fanatical about keeping guns available for everyone -- with barely any regulations, requirements for ownership, etc.  It's more difficult to get permission to drive and own a car than it is for a gun.

It's a mentality that I cannot reconcile.

Me too !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

There have been 355 mass shooting in the US this year. One would think that it is all just collateral damage to ones right to own a gun. Today's sane target shooting patriot is tomorrow's insane mass murderer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/02/the-san-bernardino-mass-shooting-is-the-second-today-and-the-355th-this-year/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/attorney-for-san-bernardino-gunmans-family-floats-hoax-theory/ar-AAg23fJ?ocid=spartandhp

It's one big conspiracy to get gun control. Clearly!!! --- I can't believe people actually believe this. People died and to blame the government doing it in order to make people hate muslims and get tighter gun control gives government heads far too much credit. Just see it for what it was. A tragedy.