JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Lawyer Who Became DuPont’s Worst Nightmare

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3028 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The Lawyer Who Became DuPont’s Worst Nightmare

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/magazine/the-lawyer-who-became-duponts-worst-nightmare.html?em_pos=large&emc=edit_ma_20160108&nl=magazine&nlid=72571154&ref=headline

This is the description from the NYT:

"First the cattle got sick. Then the people did, too. But it would take years of fighting by one lawyer, Rob Bilott, to hold the DuPont chemical company accountable for exposing thousands of West Virginians to a substance its scientists knew to be toxic. In this week's cover story, Nathaniel Rich tells the story of how a farmer's complaint - which Bilott, a corporate attorney, investigated mostly as a favor to his grandmother - led to the discovery of a brazen, decades-long history of pollution."

It's a long article.

I read it....that is a horrible state of affairs....

I recall talking to a Brother ,who is an auto mechanic,about DuPont...

He was recharging my AC and he told me that the product he had to use (r134?) that replaced (R12?) was a product made only by DuPont. They(DuPont) had been instrumental in getting the previous product banned, and then saying only their product would work....

They said that the product they were replacing was harmful to the environment..

He also told me that Al Gores mom was a big shareholder in DuPont...

I have never checked that out so it may not be correct, just relaying what I was told...

Very sad. Proven to be affecting, poisoning the environment world wide. But what do the governments of this world do about it? Nothing. Instead they are concerned about what I see as an inexact science regarding global warming.   

My car was on the rooftop of a parking lot when I got into a discussion with another sister (assembly). She told me she worked for fragrance houses selling perfumes to a number of companies and stores.  She was quite knowledgeable about the making of fragrances. I would not have gotten into this conversation, had it not been outdoors, since I am one of the many who get serious health reactions to synthetic fragrances (chemical laden). I mentioned to her my challenge with this. She said, "Oh boy we don't release the formula and contents. You wouldn't believe what goes into this stuff."  Well, I would and do believe it because of the damage this is doing to people's health, myself being one of them.  Better living through chemistry? Not necessarily. :perplexed:

Very sad. Proven to be affecting, poisoning the environment world wide. But what do the governments of this world do about it? Nothing. Instead they are concerned about what I see as an inexact science regarding global warming.   

China is the worst of the worst in polluting the earth.   They had a code RED for days because of the Fog Pollution engulfing their main city.  This government like many, could careless about their citizens who make them rich and richer.