JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Edward Aljian: An Important Reminder - 45 min. talk

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1081 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Talk about the proper food at the proper time!Cheering.gif.5312a7c274c3fb252a18e345538

Appreciated all of the points but especially loved the wrap up:

Keep in mind that suffering is only temporary while the rewards are eternal.

Meditate on the rewards and cultivate Godly joy.569dba8c79679_GrinningYES.gif.2a68169cbf

Life in THIS world is what's unbelievable.Sigh.gif.257ee379c8c7861d308ae8470d316d7

Life in the NEW world is easy to believe in, because it is the way we were

originally meant to live.569db9e67936a_SmilingYES.gif.a609a979623

Tell Satan, by our endurance, that we don't  want to live in a world without our loving

heavenly Father's rulership.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Absolutely loved this talk! Imagine describing this life to someone born in the new world. Such a good point that this life will seem hard to believe, not the other way around. And even if Satan made a world free of death, sickness etc (we know he can't but for the sake of argument) we don't want it! Because it wouldn't have Jehovah in it. Such an encouraging talk.

1 minute ago, richietj77 said:

A wonderful talk... now, I'm curious. It's 42 minutes length, so it's not a normal public talk, not a Gilead School Graduation nor Annual Meeting nor Circuit Assembly nor Regional Convention talk. Could it be a Branch visit talk?

In the talk he mentioned that they had just discussed the WT and made quite a few applications to working at bethel, so it could have been a talk givin after their weekly WT study they have on Monday nights. I'm just guessing though.

2 minutes ago, mserskine said:

In the talk he mentioned that they had just discussed the WT and made quite a few applications to working at bethel, so it could have been a talk givin after their weekly WT study they have on Monday nights. I'm just guessing though.

That also one of my thoughts. And those are great talks given on Monday's night! And if now we're going to have them on JW Broadcasting (obviously, the ones that their application can be used outside Bethel) :ecstatic::ecstatic::ecstatic::ecstatic:

In the past there used to be a special talk for the Bethel Family every 3 month. Sometimes just encouragement, sometimes a specific talk for the work at Bethel. My guess is this is one of these talks. Just like the one from Bobby Dunbar: In Their Own Tongue and Style of Writing. Superb Talk!! http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbrd_201501_7_VIDEO

13 hours ago, molnarj said:

In the past there used to be a special talk for the Bethel Family every 3 month. Sometimes just encouragement, sometimes a specific talk for the work at Bethel. My guess is this is one of these talks.

I agree ... around 25:25 he says "How can we apply? .... by maintaining joy in Bethel service ..."

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

What an absolutely wonderful talk---an Important Reminder

Talk about the proper food at the proper time!Cheering.gif.5312a7c274c3fb252a18e345538

Appreciated all of the points but especially loved the wrap up:

Keep in mind that suffering is only temporary while the rewards are eternal.

Meditate on the rewards and cultivate Godly joy.569dba8c79679_GrinningYES.gif.2a68169cbf

Life in THIS world is what's unbelievable.Sigh.gif.257ee379c8c7861d308ae8470d316d7

Life in the NEW world is easy to believe in, because it is the way we were

originally meant to live.569db9e67936a_SmilingYES.gif.a609a979623

Tell Satan, by our endurance, that we don't  want to live in a world without our loving

heavenly Father's rulership.

AdelinHannahAraujo JW and 5 others like this  Like this
On January 20, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Adelin said:

I agree ... around 25:25 he says "How can we apply? .... by maintaining joy in Bethel service ..."

!. This to me is the whole essence of the truth (in one word or less! :)" We have to remember that it is NOT about us!! - No matter how hard it gets. Oh, I loved that talk-- I watched it twice and  maybe twice more!!

On 1/20/2016 at 5:47 AM, Adelin said:

Two of the pioneers from our congregation were working on the Warwick project a few weeks ago.  They heard this talk after the 'family' Watchtower study on Monday of that week.  They tried to relate the details of the talk when they returned home.  It is very nice to hear the entire discourse.  It is not about us.

That may or may not be the case Brother John.  However, the fact that the GB made the decision to put this thought-provoking discourse (and many other morning worship talks) on JW Broadcast for millions of Jehovah's people to sit, watch, listen and for many of us non-bethelites--to make application of it in our lives is testamount to the love the FDS has for Jehovah's servants worldwide.

Then too, I felt an immense gladness knowing that I'm making Jehovah's heart glad by keeping integrity under trials and I'm grateful that one and ALL have access to this,  and many other encouraging bible discussion online.

"We are sisters, we are brothers, sons and daughters and more..." , yes we're family. :)

Edited by Omo_Yeme

Yes I work as a hairdresser at our Branch Relication in the UK & I was telling a brother about this amazing talk. He said it was a Bethel lecture that they get every 3months or so in Bethel, how amazing it's been put on the broadcast for us all to benefit from...I too have downloaded it on my device to listen to again & again. 

This was probably 1 of the best talks I have heard in a while because:

1} This talk focused on the most important subject in the Universe - Jehovah's Sovereignty  :star:

2} Then the talk also greatly helped us to see our role in how we can uphold Jehovah's Sovereignty and find true JOY  - even when under trial, sickness, injustice! (:P)

3} Multiple scriptures were explained with an angle I have never even considered before!    :idea:                   These scriptures came "alive & exert power"!

QUESTION

Does anyone know of a way to get a complete "transcript" of this talk?                                                                               I already started taking notes but it is taking me for ever as there were so many Gems that I want to remember!  Please help me, otherwise I may be taking notes for many hours, and I am slow. :huh:                        

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

45 minutes ago, dot com world said:

wow sounds interesting,,,Can someone send the actual download link?

If you can go to this page  http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbrd_201601_10_VIDEO

Click on DOWNLOAD, choose your resolution and it should download it for you.