JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Edward Aljian: An Important Reminder - 45 min. talk

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1063 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have, once again, watched this broadcast by Brother Aljian to be refreshed and encouraged. 

Interestingly, since this discourse had initially been broadcasts on JWB over 18 months ago, many of the friends here at JWT have made reference to this talk (in several postings) and continue to express their deep appreciation for it.  Yes, this talk still resonates with Jehovah's servants--online and offline.  ( "An Important Reminder" was the topic of conversation recently at my own RC between me and an old friend).  It makes me happy too that now I can recall thoughts to impart comfort and encouragement to others in the congregation.  This is indeed a gift from Jehovah! :bible2:

He gave a similar talk, titled 'Think Big' a while ago. Emphasising the why Christians need to look at the bigger picture and not be stymied by our current circumstances. He certainly gave a resounding discourse. 

Brother Vuyani, do you know where I can get a copy of this talk? 

6 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

I wasn't the one asked and I hope it isn't against the rules, but the following is the link to the list of talks. The particular talk mentioned is sixth from the top. A brother makes this freely available for anyone who wishes. There is also file that has a list of other talks that you can request.

Please share links to talks from sites other then jw.org privately via personal message, by request.

I'm in agreement with the OP that this talk is superb. It's one of my favorites and it's one of the few I have downloaded for permanent storage and reference. 

As many may acknowledge, there have been a number that have been stumbled and have even left the truth due to some incident within the congregation/organization of imperfect people. This talks makes it very clear, as has already been said – it's not about that! It's about whether we will remain faithful to Jehovah in spite of such incidents. If we do, we are proving Jehovah to be the rightful sovereign, worthy of our worship and obedience. 

Edited by Musky

The address wasn't fully copied

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

11 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

I have, once again, watched this broadcast by Brother Aljian to be refreshed and encouraged. 

Interestingly, since this discourse had initially been broadcasts on JWB over 18 months ago, many of the friends here at JWT have made reference to this talk (in several postings) and continue to express their deep appreciation for it.  Yes, this talk still resonates with Jehovah's servants--online and offline.  ( "An Important Reminder" was the topic of conversation recently at my own RC between me and an old friend).  It makes me happy too that now I can recall thoughts to impart comfort and encouragement to others in the congregation.  This is indeed a gift from Jehovah! :bible2:

Hi Sister Sandra.....I have the talk in an MP3 format.....not sure if I'm allowed to send such.

Just now, Vido said:

Hi Sister Sandra.....I have the talk in an MP3 format.....not sure if I'm allowed to send such.

http://da-ip.getmyip.com:8080/PDF/Other Talks/

On 2/27/2016 at 1:05 PM, trottigy said:

WOW! Just WOW!! I so needed this talk.

Sometimes you hear ones say - God prevented this bad thing from happening to me, God sold my house, God got me this great job, God keeps me from even stubbing my toe. 

Then one bad thing after another happens to you and you start to ask - Does God really do all those things for that person, but NONE for me??? What is going on? Am I wicked and they are righteous?

Then you realize - it is good that they give Jehovah credit for all those things, but we also need to know He does NOT stop bad things from happening to us. That is extremely rare - even in Bible times. Instead, He gives us the strength to endure. AND He tells us WHY bad tings WILL and DO happens to us - His Sovereignty and His Name! I want to support those things - and do so with JOY even while suffering.

Our Hope though of living under His rulership in Paradise is in a great place. It is in His hands and in His promise! And He does NOT lie.

This was a wonderful talk!!   :backflip: 

Good point.

One person said that his life didn't go as expected when he came into the truth -- that things didn't go smoothly.  How can a person baptized for more than 5 minutes have that expectation?

At our 2015 Imitate Jesus convention, we had a Bethel speaker make the point that if everything when smoothly for JWs and we never had any problems, then people would see that and join for all the wrong reasons. But then if a issue arose, in line with Jesus' words about tribulation uprooting the seed of truth, they will be the first out of the door.

For us to prove our sincerity, we must show Jehovah that Satan is wrong about us serving Him because he puts a "hedge" about us.

Good point again, bro.

May someone please send me a link to this talk.  When I click on the link it takes me to the broadcast site. Thanks in advance.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

this talk is incredible. i've watched a couple times before -- the only one i have specifically downloaded onto my tablet.  for some reason, it's come up in conversation - someone texted me, asking if i've seen it, it's popped up here, on a thread on Facebook... what does it mean??

i watched it with my son last night... it was SOOOOO applicable in every way. "why does God permit *MY* human suffering"???  

indeed.  

this talk will be on a very regular rotation for me...

• 7 months later...

My how time flies! :)

This wonderful discourse by Bro. Edward Aljian first appeared on JWB over two years ago and remains relevant now as it did then.  I noticed that many were requesting a transcript of George Aljian's recent talk so please, can anyone create a transcript of this great talk, too?   

It will be very much appreciated!

My how time flies! 

This wonderful discourse by Bro. Edward Aljian first appeared on JWB over two years ago and remains relevant now as it did then.  I noticed that many were requesting a transcript of George Aljian's recent talk so please, can anyone create a transcript of this great talk, too?   

It will be very much appreciated!

I believe that George is Edward's brother... ... think different talk. Still awesome talks. I met dad in Boston circa 1996/1997 by coincidence visiting a KH.

Dad's story is in WT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wait!  Doesn't the name "George" sounds almost like "Edward" anyway? default_biggrin.png

My life is so hectic I didn't even realize you switched the Aljian boys up on me! .. My apologies! Your request is on point! A transcript is request still needed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah before this talk I really had the perception that Jehovah granted his ancient servants favours like saving them from harm and protecting them.

But this talk really put into perceptive that those "special favours" we really just in line with Jehovah's purpose other than that they had to endure trials like the rest of us.

What really shined the light regarding that point was the example of Jacob. He stressed and mourned for many years even at the point of wanting to die. Why didn't Jehovah just tell him that Joseph was in fact still alive? Because that was not necessarilyin line with his purpose Jacob had to endure.

We have to endure as well in this day