JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Edward Aljian: An Important Reminder - 45 min. talk

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1062 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I live in the north end of eastern Australia.

When I first moved here, public speakers were dear brothers who lived off the land, worked with their hands, strong men.

I found however, that I missed the beautiful talks that I had had the privilege to hear when I lived in the south.

Over the years - who'd a thunk it!

These brothers became wonderful speakers !!!

(oh - yeah, and my parents changed from being narrow minded people when I was in my teens, to profound thinkers when I grew older)

Anyway, I SO appreciate talks that are posted on the Broadcast site.

It has made me feel to much a part, a closeness with witnesses all over the world.

It's like we are being drawn together in love.

Thank you for posting this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 4:39 AM, Vido said:

You will just please need to scroll down until you get to brother Aljian's talk.....

Brother Vuyani... I cannot seem to open this mp3 format, to get the transcript... I am here in the states....do you have it in another format...If not I understand.. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Here is the current link to this talk. It's a really good talk to watch again and again...

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&prefer=content&applanguage=E&locale=en&item=pub-jwbrd_201601_10_VIDEO&docid=1011214

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 1/23/2016 at 7:42 AM, Tortuga said:

When he was talking about Uriah,  it reminded me of all the innocent victims of someones wrong actions. When I read the account of Uriah again, I noticed he wasn't the only one that died when he was put at the front of the battle, there were several innocent victims.

I think of the 36 men that died at Ai because of Achan's sin. Those 36 men went into battle knowing they were doing the right thing, they were following orders and were probably sure they had Jehovah's blessing, yet they died.  Their families no doubt wondered if they died because they had done something wrong, but they were just innocent victims of Achan's sin. 

I think of these accounts and realize that sometimes we may be doing all of the right things but are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

On a larger scale even..  when David took the census and Jehovah forced David to choose the discipline.. how many died again? Just checked .. 70,000!

This part about life in Bethel is interesting. Encouraging to read about the trials Bethelites face too in balancing their life.

7.3. Prison life vs Bethel life
Many years ago, I remember a member of the Bethel family telling me that in some respects, life at Bethel was more difficult than the many years they'd spent as prisoners in Germany during the Holocaust.

Edited by WilliamChew