JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Time pass

• 3 weeks later...

Reminders: -

Recall the scriptures, but without checking the Bible:

(1) "Bad association spoils useful habits"

(2) " Solid food belongs to mature people "

(3) "Whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap"

(4) "It is written;" it is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service""

(5)By this all will know that you are my disciples- if you have love among yourselves"

(6)" Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom"

(7) " Lift up your eyes to heaven and see. Who has created these things?.....He calls them all by name".

(8) "You are my witnesses declares Jehovah"

(9 " But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting that we are awaiting .... and in these righteousness is to dwell

(10) "Let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near"

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Sharpen Your Mind

1. Can you find the hidden country in the following paragraph?
    We told Cliff to run, ‘Run Cliff, run’. So Cliff ran, celebrating the recent victory in the inter-departmental relay race.
  2. If you put a coin in an empty bottle and insert a cork into the neck of the bottle, how could you remove the coin without taking the cork out or breaking the bottle?
  3.  I’m the beginning of the end, and the end of time. Who knows? You might even find me at the end of this rhyme. What am I?
  4.  You are out in the wild alone with a rifle and one bullet. You are surrounded by a lion, a bear and a jaguar. There is no chance of running, hiding or climbing a tree. How do you escape?
  5.  If you go in the front door, you are in the back. Where are you?

1 minute ago, kejedo said:

Jim's dog weighs less than Jim but more than his cat. The sum of the digits of the dog's weight is 9, and the difference is 1. If Jim weighs 52 pounds and the cat weighs one fifth of the dog's weight,how much does the cat weigh?

9 pounds

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, kejedo said:

A mother gives birth to twin boys. Al is delivered first; Ben is delivered second.  According to the birth certificates, Ben is the older of the two.  Why?

Daylight savings time. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

43 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

A mother has two daughters.  Their birth certificates show different days months and years for their births.  Yet they are twins.  How does that happen?

This is probably too easy.

One is born on 31 December just before midnight, and the other, either at midnight, or a few minutes later.

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

You didn't say they were twins to each other they may each have their own twin

I should have been more specific.  They are twins to each other.

2 hours ago, Skye said:

One is born on 31 December just before midnight, and the other, either at midnight, or a few minutes later.

That's correct.

I'm thinking of a two-digit, even number. The sum of the digits is 11. The difference between the digits is three. What is the number.

p.s. the longest interval between the delivery of twin is 87 days (according to Guinness).  This was topped by a set of twins in Ireland in 2003.

pps. Apologies to my son Jeff, who was 9lbs 3ounces and in a Frank breech position, legs jack-knifed and head stuck between ankles, making me believe I had a difficult delivery. I know, TMI. 

43 minutes ago, kejedo said:

I'm thinking of a two-digit, even number. The sum of the digits is 11. The difference between the digits is three. 

74?