JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

OH MY GOODNESS WHAT HAPPENED TO JW.ORG!?!?!?!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2958 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yeah sorry the picture upload didn't work. Read my post again, I edited it ^^

I should probably explain before mass-panic ensues.

I missed the "j" key while typing "jw.org" and hit the "k" instead, thus ending up on the website of some guy who's carrying the cross around the world. For a brief moment, I had no clue what was going on and was totally confused. Can't stop laughing about it right now :lol:

Edited by ChocoBro

This is one of the reasons I have marked/bookmarked/saved the homepage and have it in my "Favorites" so all I have to do is click on it .... I hit wrong keys all the time.

Have you checked out some of the other "misses" like JQ, JE, JS, MW, HW, UW, NW   .org

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I know, or remember, how you felt. Befor we got jw.org, we used to just type in Jehovahswitness.org. So I did that one day...or thought I did. 

Wow! First thing I remember was thinking what happened to the color. But oh well, I thought to myself, maybe the brothers changed it ("duh" you say? Yep! Lol). So I just kept on and began noticing some stupid stuff (that's exactly how I worded it to myself "stupid stuff"). 

Then, looking at the address bar realized, just like you did, I put in the wrong address. Yep, as was said, just one word, or two, can make all the difference.

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

Have you checked out some of the other "misses" like JQ, JE, JS, MW, HW, UW, NW   .org

I just tried a few but nothing even close to Keith Wheeler came up LOL

His website has a pretty professional first page and is the only one that's also a religious site so to say.

This guy!!! He actually had me this close to losing faith ... for like 0.1 seconds.

6 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Yeah sorry the picture upload didn't work. Read my post again, I edited it ^^

I should probably explain before mass-panic ensues.

I missed the "j" key while typing "jw.org" and hit the "k" instead, thus ending up on the website of some guy who's carrying the cross around the world. For a brief moment, I had no clue what was going on and was totally confused. Can't stop laughing about it right now :lol:

Sometimes it is better to be informed, right?

On 2/18/2016 at 0:29 PM, ChocoBro said:

I just tried a few but nothing even close to Keith Wheeler came up LOL

His website has a pretty professional first page and is the only one that's also a religious site so to say.

This guy!!! He actually had me this close to losing faith ... for like 0.1 seconds.

You know, we don't know what Satan will use before the "end" to get us to doubt our beliefs, - a scenerio like this could actually happen.  Can you picture the government shutting down Jw.org and then posting stuff like this?  This is where our powers of discernment and our trust in Jehovah and what we've learned through the FDS will come into play in a big way.  

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

4 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

So, dear brothers and sisters, what does this mean for us?

That when we place a tract or magazine and refer to the jw.org website, we need to pray that the householder doesn't miss the "j" key and end up on Keith Wheeler ministries :D

its nice that they had the forward thinking to include a QR barcode to scan   ...   multiple ways to get there