JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

(Singer) Prince dies at 57

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2856 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I blew my last post, thank Trottigy for catching it .

Here is the clip of Prince walking off the set.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Let's see what happens... If the organization receives a charitable planning folder from Brother Nelson estate and selling of properties in Bklyn for DUMBO @ same time...i might just consider that miraculous .

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Let's see what happens... If the organization receives a charitable planning folder from Brother Nelson estate and selling of properties in Bklyn for DUMBO @ same time...i might just consider that miraculous emoji6.png.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I doubt we will ever see what happens. Maybe the family might try to go to court and then it would be news, short of that I really doubt that we will be told anything.

When was the last time you saw the WTB&TS publish any financial information? :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 hours ago, Old said:

I blew my last post, thank Trottigy for catching it .

Here is the clip of Prince walking off the set.

He was Christian enough to say "Sherry, I love you," to a public Witness-basher, but left when it became unconscionable. I assume that was made clear before he contracted to appear.

Oh man! The more I get to know Bro. Prince,  (and I must admit that, even though I knew he was a witness it seems, somehow, that I'm getting to know him better now, can't explain it), it's making me so proud! I saw the Sherri come-on before, but seeing it again, and actually watching him walk off that set like he did, I said to him to myself "you go boy"! It kinda reminds me of Joseph when he too walked off (ran off). Hey! Maybe Bro. Prince had Bro.Joseph in mind when Sherri did (said) what she did. Who knows? Probably. 

Well Tracey, I just read your posted information on Sherri, and I don't have much to say about it. 

Except this:

I don't doubt she gave her life to the lord. But it certainly isn't our Lord that's for sure! So since it isn't our Lord God Jehovah that she gave her life to, life will never be good as she wants or even claim.

One of my daughters made an interesting comment/observation. After the news of Prince's death and the ensuing coverage on TV/Radio/Internet she said something to the effect that, with the way they are covering it and the way people are acting (like the masses of people going to his home) you'd think he was the only person who died that day/week/month.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

One of my daughters made an interesting comment/observation. After the news of Prince's death and the ensuing coverage on TV/Radio/Internet she said something to the effect that, with the way they are covering it and the way people are acting (like the masses of people going to his home) you'd think he was the only person who died that day/week/month.

From the worlds point of view he is the only person of that status in the world who died.

There is someone much more important than any human being who cares about all who die and remembers each and every one of them.  

We all know when a governing body member has died but we don't hear of every single witness who dies. 

Those of a lesser worldly status are also remembered and cried over by those who knew them and loved them but they are not internationaly news worthy and why would we expect any different. Not really unexpected or strange. It's just the way it is at the moment. 

Edited by Mykyl

19 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

From the worlds point of view he is the only person of that status in the world who died.

There is someone much more important than any human being who cares about all who die and remembers each and every one of them.  

We all know when a governing body member has died but we don't hear of every single witness who dies. 

Those of a lesser worldly status are also remembered and cried over by those who knew them and loved them but they are not internationaly news worthy and why would we expect any different. Not really unexpected or strange. It's just the way it is at the moment. 

True. We don't want to fall into the trap of adoration.  Nobody really knows what goes on in anyone's personal life except Jehovah.  

4 hours ago, ash_dawson said:

True. We don't want to fall into the trap of adoration.  Nobody really knows what goes on in anyone's personal life except Jehovah.  

I hope you didn't think I was saying that  some should be given or even deserve adoration. Far from it. Was just pointing out that the world view is that way and it will continue until Jehovah says enough for this whole System. So we shouldn't be surprised by how things currently work.

Poor guy. He was just a human, trying to sort it out. He may have been wiser just to walk away from his profession. And, perhaps he would have, given time. But, it is what it is. The bottom line is he was in good standing with the congregation. I know we have real characters in our congregation, (in, "good standing") let's say, I won't be bring them home for lunch any time soon. But this I do know. They are trying. And without the truth? Hard to imagine. Some of us just have way more baggage then others. I know, for me. I long for the time when none of my shenanigans in the past, "will never be brought to mind". 

So, poor brother Nelson. His last days on this earth alive will be scrutinized, from  here, on out. In detail. And, I say, "whatever". I can say with good knowledge that he paid the ultimate price for his imperfections. And, I strongly suspect he did not grieve Jehovah's Holy Spirit. (Wierd, the iPad capitalizes Holy Spirit, on its own!) 

It is the world that has foisted this on, not only poor brother Nelson, but us, too. We just had a sister die. Know what? Be it brother Nelson, or our sister, locally, we quietly await their ressurection, while going about our business, serving Jehovah, as best we can. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Well said Miss Bea.   For me when the Elder from his hall said that he was a brother in "good standing" that brought joy to my heart bc at least as far as  I know (which is nothing more than what I read) he was trying.   Aren't we all trying.   Jehovah is a wonderful god, father and judge.

You know since none of us ever knew him personally and all we hear is what the media is reporting, if someone in the field asks us if Prince was a Jehovah's Witness, it might be wise to say "I didn't know him personally, but he was reported as being a baptized Jehovah's Witness".  That should satisfy the normal person who is curious and it's an honest, forthright answer from us.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

8 hours ago, UKGirl said:

With this link I get only a request to subscribe for a cost. Maybe you can post a small snippet of the article as a pic.  Do not post the whole article

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

WIll, or trust? Sort of irrelevant, for us. They will fight and scrap until Armageddon. Even people who die with little means, do just that. With land and money, people's pure unadulterated greed steps forth. Sometimes it is so ugly, I don't know how they can enjoy their ill gotten whatever. In reality, what do we need? Enough to take care of what we need to take care of, personally, and a bit to share. I I'll bet rich people have rooms in their homes that they rarely enter. Nevermind the upkeep. We all know a simple life is desirable. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Thank you so much Rocket for reminding us NOT to post link's with negative commentary that disparages God's people and may contain comments from apostates. Isn't that still a rule here? Some younger ones may be swayed by the ugly comments and we would not want  to hinder anyone spiritually. 

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2856 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.