JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

(Singer) Prince dies at 57

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2857 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think, as in not too sure, that all prescription pain medications are opiates. I know for a fact that Tramadol (Ultram) is because I was prescribed that some time ago during the time of my spinal arthritis was diagnosed, medically called Degenerative Disk Disease. (Actually l wouldn't mind another prescription for it. It was great! One 50mg tablet worked for days. Hmmm, May 9th is just around the corner).

Anyway, maybe Bro. Prince was given that, who knows? We surely don't. The point is, again, we don't have the answers other than the media, and who in their right mind will depend on their assessment of matters? 

Edited by Luezette

The hugely popular, acclaimed and influential musician Prince has died at his home in Minnesota at the age of 57.  Police were summoned to his Paisley Park estate early on Thursday and found his body in a lift. An investigation has been opened.  Prince became a global superstar in the 1980s, with albums such as 1999, Purple Rain and Sign O' the Times.  No cause of death has been stated. A post-mortem investigation will take place on Friday.

Full Article (BBC NEWS)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36106778

24 minutes ago, Luezette said:

I think, as in not too sure, that all prescription pain medications are opiates. I know for a fact that Tramadol (Ultram) is because I was prescribed that some time ago during the time of my spinal arthritis was diagnosed, medically called Degenerative Disk Disease. (Actually l wouldn't mind another prescription for it. It was great! One 50mg tablet worked for days. Hmmm, May 9th is just around the corner).

Anyway, maybe Bro. Prince was given that, who knows? We surely don't. The point is, again, we don't have the answers other than the media, and who in their right mind will depend on their assessment of matters? 

It does not appear that opiates were responsible for his death. Percocet contains acetaminophen which can destroy liver function rapidly. In view of his visit to a hospital these were the symptoms he was displaying. Overdosing on the opiates them selves he would have gone to sleep, maybe never to wake up. Overdosing on acetaminophen would make him violently sick, suffering unbearble pain, he would be seeking help, not passing out in his room. 

Surprisingly it does not take a lot of Tylenol to start this irreversable process. Percocet comes with a warning to this effect. My wife with the broken leg had her Percocet prescription reduced, not because she was abusing the opiate, but because of the danger of acetaminophen poisoning. 

For many, if one pain pill helps a handful might work better, but not with acetaminophen. An EMT told me that they can help people that try to commit suicide by over dosing on heroin, aspirin, or even rat poison, but there is virtually nothing can be done for the one that purposly overdoses on Tylenol. By the time the individual finds it doesn't  provide the peace they sought, they have become violently ill,  they are too far gone to help.

A friend of ours made the fatal mistake of seeking peace in this manner. It wasn't pretty

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 minutes ago, shali said:

We already have a topic on this that started yesterday - perhaps this can be merged with that one.

Yes, please!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

15 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

We should hold off on speculating and wait for the coroner's report.

Agreed. 

A few yrs ago when he had a place in Toronto (Bridle Path) he showed up at the Kingdom Hall for the meeting on Sunday afternoon after my cousins meeting.  Of course, it took me a while to believe him that it was actually true.  I figured it was some kind of publicity stunt or something short-lived but apparently he was a Witness.  He was just in Toronto last month and did 2 back-to-back shows in one night, 3 hours each show!! 

Oh no, no. I didn't mention opiates with the intent of saying that's what or how Bro. Prince died, though in rereading my comment I can see how it might have looked or appeared i did. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :(

But as far as Tylenol is concerned, you're correct. A nephew died about two years ago, and I was told that, while I don't think it was intentional, he took a lot and now he's gone. Liver, kidneys completely shot. He didn't even look like the nephew I knew. 

But I'm seriously thinking of asking, on May 9th, of a prescription for Tramadol, 50mg.

Edited by Luezette

I was not necessarily a music fan of Prince in the 80s. I was intrigued by some lyrics I heard when he performed on a late night show in this twenty-first century. Evidently, decades ago, he had performed a musical production titled "Cross" or "The Cross."  The performance I heard was (I think) titled "Stauros." I recall some of the lyrics this way, "Maybe somebody lied about how someone died (or  about someone who died)."  Let this not be true of any of us regarding Prince Nelson.

I was so saddened upon hearing the news of his passing and couldn't believe it initially. We don't know his standing with God but I always viewed him as a spiritual brother in a way (George Benson said something similar in his Facebook post about him yesterday). He was one of my favorite musicians (of course not all of his past work) and seemed like a smart, extremely talented, and thoughtful man. I'm glad we have our hope but I also hope something good comes out of this, like people finally open their eyes to the deception of this world and the music industry. I'm looking at the alternative news/conspiracy forum and website Vigilant Citizen on this topic (also I don't know who it is but there are brothers/sisters on there defending the truth respectfully) and there are a lot of allusions to MJs death and how Prince wanted to escape the evil record companies and posted interesting things before his death and how everything doesn't add up. I don't want to jump to conclusions but if that doesn't motivate you to NOT want to get involved with the entertainment biz/the world in general then I don't know what does! It seems that the only way they let you out is by taking your life... 

This is the post about him on the Vigilant Citizen main site, the forum on another part of the site has more of a discussion (nothing too bad, thankfully):

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/what-happened-to-prince/

Edited by JayMusicGirl

Well, I could really be wrong on this but when I got home tonight I heard on the radio that the autopsy report may take weeks because of something about the family wanting things done.

Well yeah they do!! 

Interesting quote from CNN.com  in the story "Prince death; Autopsy seeks answers.

"Prince became a Jehovah's Witness in 2003, and the denomination released a statement saying it is saddened by his death.

"Prince found fulfillment as a Witness and in sharing his faith with others," the statement read.

"Our thoughts are with his family and friends, particularly his fellow worshipers at the Saint Louis Park congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in Minnesota. We hope that all find comfort in the Bible's promise of a future time when death, pain and tears will be no more."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/entertainment/prince-death-main/index.html

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

He was just a man.  Was he a baptized servant of Jehovah in good standing in the congregation? I'll probably never know so I wont 'claim him' as a brother. I just dont know. Anything in the media is probably incorrect or at least a partial truth.   Did his appearance bring honour to Jehovah or did he look like the world? Did his music bring praise to God? I'll keep my thoughts private. He's safe in Jehovah's memory now.  

2 hours ago, Hope said:

He was a baptized brother in good standing - I know it for a fact.  It's not a partial truth; you don't have to believe it, though. :(

I said what we hear in the media are partial truths.  Did he pray on behalf of the congregation? Give talks? 

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2857 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.