JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

(Singer) Prince dies at 57

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2883 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On the interviews I have seen of Prince, he was very poised and presented his views emphatically and with dignity. He also had, imho, a sense of humor. I heard him state on an interview that he loves to cook, but only knows how to prepare eggs. "So all my friends have high cholesterol," he jested.

9 minutes ago, Hope said:

Wanted to point out that Bro Semonian was quoted in the official statement.  As he is a Branch rep, that should settle all doubts. :)

Dave Semonian?

My wife grew up with him and his family in Tucson...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Here's a couple positive personal experiences. I saw Prince perform at avery fisher hall, Lincoln Center in NYC circa 2002. During sound check he asked crowd for any requests.. As crowd was screaming out his old stuff, I belted out "God's Love Love"... My wife and I believe he heard me because he smiled... Next experience, when concert was thumping at Avery Fisher Hall, he asked audience,"How do you like my new personality?" During that concert he encouraged audience to read the scriptures to find the answers...

The acoustics were amazing! Best concert I every attended!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just by coincidence someone posted a clip today of the Avery Fisher Hall show on YouTube. Don't know if all that hollering and screaming is my wife; but I wouldn't doubt it... 😁

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Saw Larry Graham on the BBC News this morning talking about Prince and the memorial service they just had for him.

Was reading some reports about his charity works that he kept quiet about.  I did not know about it.  Many celebs do such works and have it put in the papers or on TV about it.  To keep quiet and not to brag is a real Christ-like attitude.  Humble and modest.

17 hours ago, shali said:

The Daily Mail is far from being know as a classy newspaper in the UK! However, heres a great story about brother Nelson. More about his faith and congregation rather than his music. There is one comical part though were it says "Jehovah’s Witness tradition that a person’s body must be cremated within a week of death"! LOL!....its actually not a bad article from a renowned trashy newspaper and a bit of a witness to non believers. The Elder George Cook nailed it!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555735/Inside-Prince-s-Jehovah-s-Witness-Church-singer-went-door-door-Bible-hand-large-cash-donations-years.html#comments

Oh my goodness! Did y'all see the literature, etc, displayed? (I know y'all did, I just felt like asking for the sake of it because I was and am so excited by it, lol). See! Jehovah surely knows how to make his name/purposes known!!! And even showed Bro. Cook with the Bible! Oh my goodness! 

And another most telling fact is that Bro. Cook said that Bro. Prince was very humble, and...in good standing in the congregation!  WELL!  That should do it eh? Yep!!

On the other hand, lol, is how funny (not comically funny) how people seem to get us mixed up with the Jewish faith. I say that because of what they said about us in regard to the quickness of Bro. Prince being cremated. I think it is based on the Jewish law that the body is supposed to be cremated/buried soon (?). Anyway, that's how the media saw it, and oh well whatcha gonna do. 

But I am so excited that the truth has come out, as some of us here knew, no, as most of us here knew about Bro. Prince!

Praise Jehovah!  Don't you just love him?!!

Edited by Luezette

I know Brother Nelson's congregation will no doubt miss him dearly and since his house was just down the street from  the Kingdom Hall it will be hard to forget him at all. Such a comfort to know he is alive and well in Jehovah's perfect, unfailing, indefinite memory.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I'm guessing the branch will post an article about funerals on JW.ORG soon.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I imagine his hall had their own memorial for him without telling any outsiders (the congregation would need that closure). A private memorial was held at Br. Nelson's home for about 20 close friends and family and it sounds like a much bigger "farewell"  is being planned to accommodate the fans.

3 hours ago, shali said:

That was not a quote from me, not sure why my name is on it.

Sorry my sister, as you can see from my mini profile I've made 11 post since joining in 2010! JW Talk has gone all modern since the last time I posted here! Plus my profile picture is a dead giveaway  :wacko: ...Peace and love

veno.jpg

1 hour ago, venovanelli said:

Sorry my sister, as you can see from my mini profile I've made 11 post since joining in 2010! JW Talk has gone all modern since the last time I posted here! Plus my profile picture is a dead giveaway  :wacko: ...Peace and love

veno.jpg

In all honesty I have trouble with the quote feature of this new software.  

22 minutes ago, adantoine said:

On another note, can you imagine Brother Nelson and King David playing in the paradise?  That's all I've been doing all week since I heard the news.  I can't wait!!!!!!!!

I said the exact same thing to my husband the day Br. Nelson  died! Can you just imagine the new instruments and music those two  would come up with? Can you just picture Br. Nelson teaching David how to play an electric guitar and David teaching Br. Nelson how to play the harp?!!!

1 hour ago, shali said:

I said the exact same thing to my husband the day Br. Nelson  died! Can you just imagine the new instruments and music those two  would come up with? Can you just picture Br. Nelson teaching David how to play an electric guitar and David teaching Br. Nelson how to play the harp?!!!

I'm not musically inclined but I love to listen to beautiful music and just the idea of these two playing together is having me praying the end comes sometime today.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2883 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.