JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Purchase A Home...

Just curious. Would you buy a home in this system? Some friends say no. Some feel they would, etc.

Me? Well, quite honestly, I said no. But in being honest with myself if I had the financial means to do so and maintain it, I think i would. 

Anyway, just curious that's all.

Just curious. Would you buy a home in this system? Some friends say no. Some feel they would, etc.

Me? Well, quite honestly, I said no. But in being honest with myself if I had the financial means to do so and maintain it, I think i would. 

Anyway, just curious that's all. But, heehee, since I'm financially unable to, that's out the door.

But, I love to "home shop" online. 

Edited by Luezette

We own our home but I basically call it renting from the government. Even if you have no mortgage like us and own it outright, if you don't pay your taxes they can take it from you and I do not call that ownership. But if we ever left here I want to get a "tiny house!"

BestLifeEVER

Get more exercise....walk with Jehovah!

I heard about those tiny houses. They're cute. My daughter and her husband are considering one. They live in Georgia.

Also, even if you pay your taxes, the government can still take your home. It's called Eminent Domain, "the right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use, with payment of compensation."

In the new world, Jehovah will never take property from us. As a matter of fact, it all belongs to him anyway. So in actuality, he's giving us his property to live on!

Edited by Luezette

We own the land we live on, or should I say, my husbands family owns it. We live on an Indian reservation. It is trust land, or some such title. My mother in law would never live here because she coud not sell her home. Me? No problem. I feel like Jehovah owns it. He owns it all. Some may have some authority, but it is only what He allows. His family keeping title from here on...don't think so. Any arrangements made in this system are just temporary. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

It's  a personal decision, owning a home or not.  It depends on so many factors - mostly economic, but also the area and the culture where you live.  In my situation for example, I chose to pioneer when I was young instead of working full-time.  So, I forfeited getting a deposit together to buy a home, and I was content to rent until the new system.  But circumstances in the rental market changed rapidly, and in a few short years I couldn't afford the rent anymore.  I moved from a big city to a more affordable one, 4000km away.

Here I could afford to buy a very small modest house.  By now I had a family and needed the security.  Renting means a lot more moving when the lease is up, and you are at the whim of the landlord who may choose to sell.  Later, personal issues meant I left the house, it was sold and now I'm back to renting again.

One big advantage to renting is that when we do have to walk away from our homes (disaster or GT), we don't have the same attachment as when we own it.

But really, there isn't any problem either way whether you rent or buy.  So long as the decision to do so is sound economically and you don't become obsessed with creating your own personal paradise, forgetting our real home is for the future.

Its getting to where the property taxes are just as much as if you were renting somewhere cheap.  So i don't see the reason for paying all the interest for all those years to own then have to give out so much property taxes.  lol

In the end the great reset is happening.  we may be asked to move entirely out of everywhere and demolish citys the way they are made today and do some entirely new communities.  But if money wasn't an issue I'd buy some cheap little place.  Even mobile home parks your "renting" the land after you buy the mobile unit.  lol  This system is just a big scam...lol  My grandmother rented a space in some mobile park and it cost 800 a month plus utilities and they were raising the price 5% to 7%  each year..... crazy.  The place was so greedy.  they had like 100 spaces and all owned sense 50 years ago and they just milking it.  This system is all about profits and greed.  Whatever you can get away with.

There are two sides to everything.  The words Real Estate (Re'al is related to Royal) comes from England.  American laws are similar to English laws that existed before people came to America.

There are some good reasons why the government keeps control of the land.  They have restrictions on the use of the land.  It prevents your neighbor from putting up a McDonald's or a dance hall next door.  Residential areas are for residents (houses) only.

Of course, I have heard of people who went through 30 years paying off a mortgage and the property taxes went so high that the property taxes ended up being higher than their original mortgage.  That might force a person to sell their house if they had retired and now had a lower income than before.  

On 4/28/2016 at 8:39 AM, Witness1970 said:

Of course, I have heard of people who went through 30 years paying off a mortgage and the property taxes went so high that the property taxes ended up being higher than their original mortgage.  That might force a person to sell their house if they had retired and now had a lower income than before.  

That  doesn't surprise me one bit.  In this corrupt system--anything goes!

Oh I'm absolutely certain this system will not last another 50yrs. Well, at least not with me alive.

Why? Well, other than things are getting ridiculously worse, I'm seeing it mathematically too in that in 50 years I'll be 119/120 years old depending on the month. Yes I know people are living longer, a few even past 100. But 119/120? No way! At least not in this system!

Edited by Luezette

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in getting a Tiny House.  I set up a GoFundMe page for me and my friend so we can get them.  I'm currently doing 3 jobs and it STILL doesn't pay for what little I have in NY.  So as embarrassing and pathetic it is for me to ask for money on GoFundMe.com I have no other choice when I can't make enough to pay my cell bill (which is not an iPhone and has no internet and limited call/text).  But I really want my Tiny House.  Be by myself with my baby Cooper, and live simply.

~Van

I have a notion that owning might be an advantage through the Tribulation, but I have no real reason for believing that.

I used to be an owner, owned  a home outright, it's crazy to say that taxes and upkeep are as much as rent because the landlord needs to make money out of his investment. Other advantages to owning include being able to do things to the home to suit your needs, put a power point or light fitting here, a door through there etc.

Remember, rent always goes up. It keeps pace with inflation. Long term, house payments go down because they remain static while inflation erodes the value of the money being paid.

I rent these days, I enjoy the place in which I live and don't want to leave there, but that means I have to keep on working when some would think I'd be retired. I could retire if I owned a home, I can't while I rent.

On 4/30/2016 at 3:48 PM, Sunnyside said:

So what if the end does not come in say 50years. How old would you be and what would you be doing to earn a living adequately enough to pay highly inflated rent?

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

I would be 117 years old and I would not be working.  I don't expect that to happen.