JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Complete The Following Sentence

12 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Complete the following sentence: "If I had this plate of frest-cut pineapple rings, I would make a ____.  :chef:

20180718_235506.jpg

Pineapple upside-down cake.👍

good-old-fashioned-pineapple-upside-down-cake_horiz.thumb.jpg.8fd32122bedd533d375a3615a3a198ed.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Complete the following sentence: "If I had this plate of frest-cut pineapple rings, I would make a ____.  :chef:

20180718_235506.jpg

Upside Down Pineapple Cake..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

21 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Pineapple upside-down cake.👍

good-old-fashioned-pineapple-upside-down-cake_horiz.thumb.jpg.8fd32122bedd533d375a3615a3a198ed.jpg

That's it...made it for years..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

5 hours ago, SueFrog said:

if I had this plate of strawberries, I would make....

A fortune at Wimbledon ? 

I can see you now Sister Sue with your nice hat and colorful red and white uniform saying to the Wimbledon crowd:

"Straaaaawberries!  Straaaaaaaaberriesssss!

Get your ripe sweet strawberries right here!"

:D

The local heat wave here has compelled me to drink smoothies a few times each week for several weeks now.  Today was no exception in the current 95F/35C sweltering heat and humidity.  (Smoothies are so filling, cooling, and satisfying!) I start with fresh fruit from the local grocery store or farmer's market; then brought home to wash, dry, cut and quickly freeze.)  I currently have in my freezer nearly a dozen different kinds of fruit to choose from. This evening I chose a mango, strawberry, pineapple and banana treat after dinner. 

I always add plain yogurt and some type of protein and fiber to add to the smoothies.  Tonight I went with hemp seeds!

20180801_023207.jpg

20180801_024025.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

The final product! (Sluuuurp...)

20180801_024436.jpg

Notice the avocadoes in the top photo. They'll be fully ripened in approximately 24 hours, so I plan to cut and freeze them also to make avocado ice cream or smoothies, or just make some hummus with it and top it on toast.

The possibilities are endless!  :)

Edited by Omoyeme

On 7/25/2018 at 11:40 PM, Omoyeme said:

I can see you now Sister Sue with your nice hat and colorful red and white uniform saying to the Wimbledon crowd:

"Straaaaawberries!  Straaaaaaaaberriesssss!

Get your ripe sweet strawberries right here!"

:D

Oooer! My secret is out 😂

Also, your smoothies sound delicious. Practical, economical and very healthy 💛. Very creative 👍

• 9 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:47 AM, Omoyeme said:

I just baked these buttermilk biscuits last night.  What would you put on top?  or in-between these before munching on them? :)

20161014_200513.jpg

When I was small we never had pancakes. My mother would make homemade biscuits, slice and butter them. Then we would put the halves on our plate, pour syrup over them and eat them. (My parents had strict rules about the syrup. We could only use a certain amount, never get pure syrup in your mouth at any time, and never turn the jar upright until the excess syrup was wiped from the jar.) It was years later the first time I had pancakes. After I was grown and looked back I realized that buttered biscuits were our pancakes.

I have homemade strawberry ice cream in my freezer right now, made it last week. It's super frozen so it looks weird in the pic.

I LOVE strawberry shortcake!

strawberry.jpg

On 10/15/2016 at 1:47 AM, Omoyeme said:

I just baked these buttermilk biscuits last night.  What would you put on top?  or in-between these before munching on them? :)

I'd keep it simple - AS MUCH BUTTER AS POSSIBLE.

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

20 hours ago, Loje said:

I have homemade strawberry ice cream in my freezer right now, made it last week. It's super frozen so it looks weird in the pic.

I LOVE strawberry shortcake!

strawberry.jpg

I'd keep it simple - AS MUCH BUTTER AS POSSIBLE.

Makes me want to look in to having you ship some of that to California. Yummy.

You might say it looks weird... I say it looks like it belongs in a bowl, with a spoon on it's way to my mouth.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently returned from a nice holiday and made a few observations afterwards:

• It's impossible to see and do everything in a single week.
  • It's impossible to buy gifts and souvenirs for your family members and friends and have someone that you didn't think about ask: "So! What did you bring me?"
  • It's impossible to perform a luau dance with the Fam while drinking a Mai Tai.
  • And it is absolutely impossible to sample tropical drinks and local cuisine and expect to weigh the same upon your return home.  :facepalmpo2:

20190618_051719.jpg

If you like piña colada...

20190620_030308.jpg

Grilled Mahi Mahi over a bed of spinach with rice...

20190618_011557.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Since my second favorite thread in this cooking forum is closed I'll have to improvise here. 

Tonight I made ginger/beef stir-fry using grass-fed meat marinated in a homemade ginger marinade. (As it's always said, the preparation takes longer than the actual cooking time but I still enjoyed the process.)  Next time I'll use chicken instead.

Ginger1.jpg

The marinade...

Ginger2.jpg

The final product over basmati rice...delicious!

Ginger3.jpg

For dessert I baked a lemon-yogurt pound cake. Sorry, no pictures...it went quite fast! :)

Edited by Omoyeme

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I like vegetarian meals from time to time, so I incorporated these ingredients into my dinner the other night.  What can YOU make from these? What type of bread would pair well with the final product? :)

20200701_095607.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

• 5 months later...

Winter is fast approaching and the shelter-in-place remains for our area. Meanwhile, me, myself and I brought home some sweet peppers!

So grateful that many here are from different regions of the world, so sisters, what's your favourite way of preparing these? And in what dishes? (Just looking for a couple of new/different ideas.)  :)

20201204_200924.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

• 1 month later...

I recently blended a combination of 11 vegetables and herbs to create a marinade for my stews, meats, etc.  Which one of you veteran cooks here can name some or all of them? :)

20210119_024849.jpg

And what are some of your favorite herbs to cook with?

Edited by Omoyeme