JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Regards from Venezuela

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2385 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This just happened.

A brother sent a whatsapp broadcast saying that he had a medicine to spare extremely difficult to find because of scarcity. I forwarded the message to the brothers in my congregation and an elderly sister who is very sick is badly needing the medicine.

It is so faith strengthening seeing Jehovah at work caring for us.

Edited by Daniel244

missing a word

I am more than certain that Jehovah will not allow his people to "look for bread" in that fashion. It just pains me to see some of the people doing that. It pains me because it shows just how hungry they are, and it pains me knowing the pain they will go through afterwards. 

Yes, and as far as Heb. 10: 24, 25 is concerned, no matter what state we find ourselves in, we must attend our meetings unless illness prevents us. I cannot tell you how much pain I endure each day, sometimes on the way to the meetings and even during the meetings. Sometimes when friends ask how I'm doing I just say "I'm here." Yet the spiritual, emotional, and mental good feeling afterwards cannot compare to anything! I made Jehovah happy! That's all I want...just to make him happy. 

I'm absolutely sure, without any doubt the 113 friends in your congregation, including yourself Antonio, feels the same way!!! And the thing is too Antonio Jehovah is not making us, like a dictator, do a thing. All he does is love us. That's it.

1 minute ago, Luezette said:

I am more than certain that Jehovah will not allow his people to "look for bread" in that fashion. It just pains me to see some of the people doing that. It pains me because it shows just how hungry they are, and it pains me knowing the pain they will go through afterwards. 

Yes, and as far as Heb. 10: 24, 25 is concerned, no matter what state we find ourselves in, we must attend our meetings unless illness prevents us. I cannot tell you how much pain I endure each day, sometimes on the way to the meetings and even during the meetings. Sometimes when friends ask how I'm doing I just say "I'm here." Yet the spiritual, emotional, and mental good feeling afterwards cannot compare to anything! I made Jehovah happy! That's all I want...just to make him happy. 

I'm absolutely sure, without any doubt the 113 friends in your congregation, including yourself Antonio, feels the same way!!! And the thing is too Antonio Jehovah is not making us, like a dictator, do a thing. All he does is love us. That's it.

Jehovah won`t forget all the pain and sorrow you endure, just to obey his mandates Heb 6:10. Keep enduring my sister!

I have one question before I go to bed, how do you refer to the brothers and sisters at the same time in english language?, in spanish for brothers we say hermanos and for sisters we say hermanas, but when we address the brothers and the sisters together we also say hermanos. Is it the same in the english language?

Antonio!! I just read your post about the medicine a brother had, and now the elderly has what she needs.

Oh-my-good-ness!!! This gives you goosebumps! 

Nothing can and will never stop Jehovah from getting to and caring for his people!!!!! 

I mean, who would've thought that in a situation like this, this sister would have what she needed! It kinda reminded me (though I know it's not the same but It came to mind), how Jehovah got Peter (?) out of jail that night, while the guard was snoring, lol. 

WHAT A GOD WE HAVE! 

"Who is like Jehovah"? 

Edited by Luezette

Please allow me to relate this experience here in Brooklyn. 

One hot day I decided to frequent a fast food store I don't normally simply because I don't care for them. But that particular day they had a sale called "Freaky Friday." It was you can buy two sandwiches, a regular size drink, and potato chips...all for the price of one sandwich. I couldn't pass that up, and figured that though I couldn't eat both sandwiches, nor didn't want to let it stay out in the hot weather (mayonnaise), and there were surely some sisters out. 

So I walked to the corner, looked to the left, saw some sisters and turned to go to them. 

Yet I  felt a pulling to go to the right. I didn't want to. This went on it seems for a few minutes. Right-left-right...

Finally, I gave in and went to the right (oh. Because there were also some sisters to the right of me). I called out "anybody hungry? I got some food." Now as I got closer to them I saw a sister sitting hunched over with another sister looking dejected like. And when I called out I heard the sister with her say "see? Jehovah answers prayers." What was that about? This:

The sister hunched over looking dejected just lost her job, had no food, and was hungry!!! 

I couldn't believe it!!! So that was why, I finally figured it out, I kept feeling a pull to go to the right!!! It was evidently Jehovah, by his spirit through an angel, directing me to that sister!! 

Unbelievable! Amazing! Mind-boggling! Totally unforgettable! 

Yes, nothing and no one can prevent Jehovah from coming to the aid of his people!

Edited by Luezette

7 hours ago, Daniel244 said:

Thank you Brother Pavlos. I read a lot about the Greek crisis, how is the economy now, any improvement?. How is the brotherhood faring there?

Agape

Antonio

It's not easy especially in big cities. I feel lucky that I still work and living in a small town that everyone has his own garden. We feel that we work just for paying heavy taxes. The advice of simplifying our lives was so valuable before 10 years. You could very easily receive a loan from a bank and build a palace for your family. If a brother didn't obey this advice, now has huge problems. Almost nobody can pay these loans! At the moment we don't have riots. I think brothers in Spain and Portugal face the same issues. 

6 minutes ago, ouzo said:

It's not easy especially in big cities. I feel lucky that I still work and living in a small town that everyone has his own garden. We feel that we work just for paying heavy taxes. The advice of simplifying our lives was so valuable before 10 years. You could very easily receive a loan from a bank and build a palace for your family. If a brother didn't obey this advice, now has huge problems. Almost nobody can pay these loans! At the moment we don't have riots. I think brothers in Spain and Portugal face the same issues. 

My relatives live on the island of Lesvos, and they said that they are not badly affected because they have their own garden plots and modest homes.  But when I was in Athens, I met people who were telling me that they are crippled with the taxes, AND their wages have fallen too.  It is certainly much harder in the cities, and listening to Jehovah's advice to simplify our lives is such a protection - for all of us.  May you stay strong and continue faithful, Pavlos, along with all our brothers and sisters there in Europe.  We know Jehovah will always sustain us in whatever we are going through.

3 hours ago, Luezette said:

Sometimes when friends ask how I'm doing I just say "I'm here".

Sis, that answer in itself is a good thing,  you are doing a great thing for your spiritual family...

H  elping

E  veryone

R  emain

E  ncouraged

Keep up the good work!...

3 hours ago, Daniel244 said:

I have one question before I go to bed, how do you refer to the brothers and sisters at the same time in english language?, in spanish for brothers we say hermanos and for sisters we say hermanas, but when we address the brothers and the sisters together we also say hermanos. Is it the same in the english language?

Brother,  a lot of people use the term 'friends' when referring to our great spiritual family..

Our speaker today gave a very wonderful discourse but he used one Scripture that made me think of this thread, and the situation our family there is facing. 

Habakkuk 3: 17,18

17 Although the fig tree may not blossom,

And there may be no fruit on the vines;

Although the olive crop may fail,

And the fields* may produce no food;

Although the flock may disappear from the pen,

And there may be no cattle in the stalls;

18 Yet, as for me, I will exult in Jehovah;

I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.+

We are proud when we see our Brothers and Sisters 'take their place' and wait and see the delivering hand of our God. .   We pray for strength for you all.

7 hours ago, Daniel244 said:

Antonio, in English "brothers" is also used in a general sense, exactly as in Spanish. But in America it's very common also to refer to them as "the friends" (as in 3 John 14).

6 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

My relatives live on the island of Lesvos, and they said that they are not badly affected because they have their own garden plots and modest homes.  But when I was in Athens, I met people who were telling me that they are crippled with the taxes, AND their wages have fallen too.  It is certainly much harder in the cities, and listening to Jehovah's advice to simplify our lives is such a protection - for all of us.  May you stay strong and continue faithful, Pavlos, along with all our brothers and sisters there in Europe.  We know Jehovah will always sustain us in whatever we are going through.

Thank you Lucy for your kind words! :) Our mind is with the brothers in Venezuela, Russia and many african countries. We will win! 

• 2 weeks later...

How horrible!  It makes you realise how devastating it is for the human population there.  Such a sad state of affairs.  Whatever our brothers are going through, we know our Father will tenderly look after them.  Keeping you and the brothers there in our prayers, Antonio.

Venezuela situation update!

Sorry for not being able to post for a while.

The food issue is extremely critical right now, everyday more and more brothers and sisters become unable to buy food because of the extremely high prices. Also the lack of medicine is becoming a huge issue for most of the friends with medical treatment. There is a lot more happening for the brotherhood here. Please keep us in your prayers, we really need them. Only Jehovah can help us now.

Agape

6 hours ago, cricket246 said:

Can the congregations in Venezuela receive donations from the Branch or world wide work or have they cut off funding from outside sources?

I think he said in an earlier post that he couldn't really talk about this. We can be sure our Family is doing what it can, and our Father is doing what He must...

They will be fine, eventually. ..Jehovah promised. .:bible2:

Thank you all for your prayers. The congregations are doing what they can, but the government has refused all foreign humatarian help. A group of brothers entered from Aruba with a lot of medicines and they were confiscated by the national guard at the border. The branch cannot receive the foreign help that the brothers so badly need.

You know, this is so heart breaking. But, to me, it just indicates how very close we are to the end. I mean close. Our King and his Father know what is going on here in Venezuela in more detail then any man can. And if they are not allowing humanitarian help...it puts it entirely in another category. This is a nation. And it looks like it is literally starving to death. Rest assured, if all we can do is pray, (and that is not minimal help. It is help of the highest order) pray we shall. And this is tearful prayers. 

Your faith is worthy of imitation, dear brother.  

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

You know, this is so heart breaking. But, to me, it just indicates how very close we are to the end. I mean close. Our King and his Father know what is going on here in Venezuela in more detail then any man can. And if they are not allowing humanitarian help...it puts it entirely in another category. This is a nation. And it looks like it is literally starving to death. Rest assured, if all we can do is pray, (and that is not minimal help. It is help of the highest order) pray we shall. And this is tearful prayers. 

Your faith is worthy of imitation, dear brother.  

Thank you for your encouraging words.  (Hebrews 13:18,19).