JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Regards from Venezuela

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2379 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Perhaps, right around the corner here. Promises, promises. Even if a dictorial government is set up, just hollow promises. It is crumbling, and, alas, you get to see it with your very own eyes. We just need to be alert, spiritually, and prepared. No matter where we may live on this earth. As has been in the past, we will pray for you in your dire need, and you pray for us that we don't get swallowed by materialism, or even apathy. Man just has no answers. Period."Let your Kingdom come". All of our prayers are united there. Be safe, brother, and, thank you for your insight into something some of us cannot imagine. Jehovah be with you, and the rest of our family. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I can't imagine how difficult it is for your dear ones but I have been pondering something, you are already used to dealing with going without, I imagine you will be better in line to deal with the great tribulation and what it brings, rather than us who are used to pretty much having whatever we want or need right at our back doors.... My prayers are with you all!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

4 hours ago, cricket246 said:

I apologize.. Will keep you all in my prayers :wub:

No need for apologies dear Sister.  I  would love to have a more proactive hand in helping as well,  as most all of us around the world feel the same.

2 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

I can't imagine how difficult it is for your dear ones but I have been pondering something, you are already used to dealing with going without, I imagine you will be better in line to deal with the great tribulation and what it brings, rather than us who are used to pretty much having whatever we want or need right at our back doors.... My prayers are with you all!

This is something that I heard back in the '70s,  when the Malawi ban was going on. The  Brothers there said that they could handle it, with Jehovahs help, they were more concerned for us, because materialism is more insidious and people can fall prey to it easier,  whereas outright in your face opposition is easier to identify and stand up against. 

We all pray for each other. Having an outside view, looking in objectively,  helps us see what a person in distress may not be able to see. Prayers work for all of us for Jehovah sees it all and He knows the best way to apply His powers...

2 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

That is a really good question, after the meetings and in some social gatherings we have also thought that, but on the other hand you friends over there are accustomed to handle other difficult situations we do not, like racism, or people carrying guns and offering to kill you if you step on their lawn, or like the persecution JW experienced in the US decades before, here we can preach freely, we can go door to door and people usually listen, there are no race delimited zones that only brothers of certain race can access. Here in Venezuela people don`t pay much attention to your skin color . However the current state of affairs wherever you look, USA the putrid political campaing, the entertainment world, terrorism, Europe terrorism and the refugee crisis, Midwest countries torn apart by war, Asia economic crises, South America hunger, economic crises. What else can come after all this, a sudden recovery?, peace and abundance all over the world?. Not according to the prophecies of Matthew 24, it pictures a world downhill and the preaching of the good news.

So I really think that we are going to go a lot worse and then the new world. We are all receiving the same preparation sister by the same God in the same way.

Agape

16 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

No need for apologies dear Sister.  I  would love to have a more proactive hand in helping as well,  as most all of us around the world feel the same.

This is something that I heard back in the '70s,  when the Malawi ban was going on. The  Brothers there said that they could handle it, with Jehovahs help, they were more concerned for us, because materialism is more insidious and people can fall prey to it easier,  whereas outright in your face opposition is easier to identify and stand up against. 

We all pray for each other. Having an outside view, looking in objectively,  helps us see what a person in distress may not be able to see. Prayers work for all of us for Jehovah sees it all and He knows the best way to apply His powers...

There is materialism here also. Let me give you an example..

The stores and supermarkets sell all the products, but the imported basics Flour, Chicken, Meat are out of reach for most of the people including the brothers and sisters. Two pound of meat could cost a week of salary. And then sometimes the stores get the government regulated products, those are the products that people can buy and since there are few of them, the national guard has to oversee the store to maintain order, then because of the high demand you have to go through a line of people. This line of people can take up to 10 to 12 hours to get inside the store to buy the regulated product. Now imagine that you have a midweek meeting today but you know that there is flour in the nearest store, the lines have been forming since 1 or 2 am, when the supermarket opens there will be a 12 hour long line. Would you go in line to buy the product knowing that you may miss your meeting?.

What if you decide to go to the ministry, when you are at it you see a truck of regulated food entering a near supermarket. Will you leave service to go and buy the products?.

This is the situation most of the friends here are facing, a few of them are putting the food first and ten Jehovah. When you go shepherding to counsel them, they tell you "Well brother if I don`t go to the supermarket the children and me will go hungry'. And you know what, sometimes they have already in stock some of the products of the last time they bought, so they constantly are looking in the supermarkets, taking long lines to keep a good stock of products and at the same time missing 3 or 4 meetings in a row. Some of them have even been hurt in riots at the lines because of desperate people.  Wouldn`t you call that materialism?.

Sometimes they make the long lines, miss the meeting and go home emptyhanded because when they finally reach the inside of the store the regulated products have depleted.

Edited by Daniel244

So, no matter our state in life, we need Jehovah's help desperately. What it amounts to is we all need to pull together, love and care about one another, draw close to our Father, and be loyal and patient. One day...

I really have had my eyes opened, Antonio. To trust in Jehovah to provide food and not be tempted to join the lines for scarce regulated food is such a big leap of faith. It's what we have believed we would do if in that situation, but would we really? The faithfulness of you brothers there is truly worthy of imitation, and we know that you are accomplishing great things with Jehovah's help. Only our Father can save us, however dire the circumstances. Always in my prayers, thankful that Jehovah continues to sustain you dear brothers and sisters.

3 hours ago, Daniel244 said:

Now imagine that you have a midweek meeting today but you know that there is flour in the nearest store, the lines have been forming since 1 or 2 am, when the supermarket opens there will be a 12 hour long line. Would you go in line to buy the product knowing that you may miss your meeting?.

What if you decide to go to the ministry, when you are at it you see a truck of regulated food entering a near supermarket. Will you leave service to go and buy the products?.

This is the situation most of the friends here are facing, a few of them are putting the food first and ten Jehovah. When you go shepherding to counsel them, they tell you "Well brother if I don`t go to the supermarket the children and me will go hungry'. 

Sometimes they make the long lines, miss the meeting and go home emptyhanded because when they finally reach the inside of the store the regulated products have depleted.

Thank you for sharing this with us, Brother Antonio.  It is so good to have the information from a trustworthy source.

While I was reading this I was reminded of an old audio drama that I was listening to the other day, still available on JW.Org, that is still one of my favourites.  It is called 'Beware of Losing Faith by Drawing Away from Jehovah'.  Here in Australia, we have had very little to deal with that has tried us but our turn will come. It really does become a test of our loyalty toJehovah.  As usual the brothers have provided our food at the right time for us  with this year's RC,  

You remain in my personal prayers and may Jehovah bless your efforts to serve him with a complete heart.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, Miss Bea said:

So, no matter our state in life, we need Jehovah's help desperately. What it amounts to is we all need to pull together, love and care about one another, draw close to our Father, and be loyal and patient. One day...

You`ve got that right my dear sister.

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I really have had my eyes opened, Antonio. To trust in Jehovah to provide food and not be tempted to join the lines for scarce regulated food is such a big leap of faith. It's what we have believed we would do if in that situation, but would we really? The faithfulness of you brothers there is truly worthy of imitation, and we know that you are accomplishing great things with Jehovah's help. Only our Father can save us, however dire the circumstances. Always in my prayers, thankful that Jehovah continues to sustain you dear brothers and sisters.

I think you will do the same sister, that`s what Jehovah and His organization have been teaching us. When the moment comes you will do what`s right. It`s like Daniel, when his enemies made Darius sign the edict that no one prayed to another god, he just continued to do what he always do, put Jehovah first.

43 minutes ago, Hope said:

Brother Antonio -- thank you SO much for your information and insights.  Many things to reflect on and take to Jehovah in prayer for ourselves as well as you wonderful friends down South.  May you continually be sustained by His warm affection.  :wub:

I`m glad that telling our story is strengthening your faith sister Hope.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Edited by Daniel244

4 hours ago, Daniel244 said:

There is materialism here also. Let me give you an example..

The stores and supermarkets sell all the products, but the imported basics Flour, Chicken, Meat are out of reach for most of the people including the brothers and sisters. Two pound of meat could cost a week of salary. And then sometimes the stores get the government regulated products, those are the products that people can buy and since there are few of them, the national guard has to oversee the store to maintain order, then because of the high demand you have to go through a line of people. This line of people can take up to 10 to 12 hours to get inside the store to buy the regulated product. Now imagine that you have a midweek meeting today but you know that there is flour in the nearest store, the lines have been forming since 1 or 2 am, when the supermarket opens there will be a 12 hour long line. Would you go in line to buy the product knowing that you may miss your meeting?.

This is the situation most of the friends here are facing, a few of them are putting the food first and ten Jehovah. When you go shepherding to counsel them, they tell you "Well brother if I don`t go to the supermarket the children and me will go hungry'. And you know what, sometimes they have already in stock some of the products of the last time they bought, so they constantly are looking in the supermarkets, taking long lines to keep a good stock of products and at the same time missing 3 or 4 meetings in a row. Some of them have even been hurt in riots at the lines because of desperate people.  Wouldn`t you call that materialism?.

You are so right, you don't have to be rich to be materialistic.  So they end up missing out on material needs and their spiritual needs. There's a very definite lesson there for me ... when things get tough here in NZ and I'm sure they will ... put Matt 6:33 foremost in my life and leave the rest in Jehovah's hands. Thank you for a demonstration of that important lesson.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just now, Stormswift said:

You are so right, you don't have to be rich to be materialistic.  So they end up missing out on material needs and their spiritual needs. There's a very definite lesson there for me ... when things get tough here in NZ and I'm sure they will ... put Matt 6:33 foremost in my life and leave the rest in Jehovah's hands. Thank you for a demonstration of that important lesson.

Can you imagine to be provided by Jehovah`s hand in the moment when you most need Him, to see the hand of Jehovah without a doubt.

55 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Thank you for sharing this with us, Brother Antonio.  It is so good to have the information from a trustworthy source.

While I was reading this I was reminded of an old audio drama that I was listening to the other day, still available on JW.Org, that is still one of my favourites.  It is called 'Beware of Losing Faith by Drawing Away from Jehovah'.  Here in Australia, we have had very little to deal with that has tried us but our turn will come. It really does become a test of our loyalty toJehovah.  As usual the brothers have provided our food at the right time for us  with this year's RC,  

You remain in my personal prayers and may Jehovah bless your efforts to serve him with a complete heart.

Thank you for your kindness

8 minutes ago, Daniel244 said:

Can you imagine to be provided by Jehovah`s hand in the moment when you most need Him, to see the hand of Jehovah without a doubt.

Yes it has happened before with me when pioneering ... and sometimes they seem distant memories, but now is the time to dredge those positive memories and include experiences such as these, to fortify not just ourselves but the whole association of the brotherhood within your grasp. This you are doing - more than you know Brother Antonion, thank you for your faith and that of the other brothers and sisters.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

This proves what I know. Jehovah sees what is going on. We are told over and over he will take care of us. We just have to have faith in that statement, and put Him first. My dear brother, you just saw that with your very own eyes. So did our new brother. 

I sometimes think that those with the least will appreciate the GT, somehow, more. 

I am not saying those living in countries where this is not a problem will not really appreciate the fact the GT is actually here, but, those living in dire circumstances will be so relieved. We do not know what it is to stand in line for food, nor, like in some countries, walk miles to fetch clean water, or for that fact, live in a country that is at war, or live where we are banned. 

I go back to when our brothers in Malawi were being horribly persecuted. We were praying for them, and, they were praying for us. Both of us really needed, and need Jehovah's help, but, they knew it, for a fact. We may not realize how much we really do need Jehovah. But we do. So desperately.  

I got to read your post to my worldly husband who will not let me share most anything with him. The one on how the country you live in got to where it is. I keep talking about Venezuela, and it's plight. He saw on the news a bridge that was just full of people fleeing Venezuela.  It amazed him. But for this site, he would not have realized anything was going on. 

In my mind, I see Jehovah doing wonderful things for all of you. Not a kings banquet, but what you need to live. Maybe can't be talked about now, but, later, we will hear of it, and, my dear brother, it will be personal, because of you. 

3 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

This proves what I know. Jehovah sees what is going on. We are told over and over he will take care of us. We just have to have faith in that statement, and put Him first. My dear brother, you just saw that with your very own eyes. So did our new brother. 

I sometimes think that those with the least will appreciate the GT, somehow, more. 

I am not saying those living in countries where this is not a problem will not really appreciate the fact the GT is actually here, but, those living in dire circumstances will be so relieved. We do not know what it is to stand in line for food, nor, like in some countries, walk miles to fetch clean water, or for that fact, live in a country that is at war, or live where we are banned. 

I go back to when our brothers in Malawi were being horribly persecuted. We were praying for them, and, they were praying for us. Both of us really needed, and need Jehovah's help, but, they knew it, for a fact. We may not realize how much we really do need Jehovah. But we do. So desperately.  

I got to read your post to my worldly husband who will not let me share most anything with him. The one on how the country you live in got to where it is. I keep talking about Venezuela, and it's plight. He saw on the news a bridge that was just full of people fleeing Venezuela.  It amazed him. But for this site, he would not have realized anything was going on. 

In my mind, I see Jehovah doing wonderful things for all of you. Not a kings banquet, but what you need to live. Maybe can't be talked about now, but, later, we will hear of it, and, my dear brother, it will be personal, because of you. 

I`m really impressed about how you are giving testimony to you husband this way, what you just said make me think about how little we know about how Jehovah works. Thank you for sharing that with us.

2 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Brother Antonio ... keep all those experiences in your heart and written down too - to share in the future. That is so faith strengthening.

Thank you dear sis, I will.

• 2 weeks later...

Corruption at is best here in Venezuela.

I`d like you to ponder about this video. This is a showdown between police officers of the Bolivar state (blue shirt) and a special force dedicated to combat  kidnapping and extortion (CONAS). One CONAS unit was investigating and extortion case and they found out 3 Poli Bolivar were involved, they set a trap for them and capture them red handed, the 3 corrupt police officers quickly called backup from their friends at PoliBolivar and this is where the showdown began. They even fired shots to the CONAS official. 

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Daniel244 said:

Corruption at is best here in Venezuela.

I`d like you to ponder about this video. This is a showdown between police officers of the Bolivar state (blue shirt) and a special force dedicated to combat  kidnapping and extortion (CONAS). One CONAS unit was investigating and extortion case and they found out 3 Poli Bolivar were involved, they set a trap for them and capture them red handed, the 3 corrupt police officers quickly called backup from their friends at PoliBolivar and this is where the showdown began. They even fired shots to the CONAS official. 

What do you think?

I think the world has gone stark raving mad! 

Every kingdom divided against itself comes to ruin, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 In the same way, if Satan expels Satan, he has become divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand? - Matt 12:25, 26

Thank you brother Antonio for sharing this.

It is something I will meditate over. A good reminder to not take anything for granted.

Where I live we have other problems, absolutely nothing like what you have described. but things change fast nowadays so who knows when it will be as difficult here as where you live.

I will pray for you brothers and sisters in Venezuela.

I havent heard anything about the situation in your country in the news here in Sweden so thank you for letting us know.

Jehovah will take care of you without a doubt.

I will never forget when I was maybe 13 years old and my family didn't have food at home and no money left. My mother didn't know how to feed us four children. Then the mail arrived with a check for a certain foodstore. My mother had sent in a slogan for something and they awarded her with money so we could buy food for a couple of days.

When you experience something like that it sure strenghtens your faith. 

17 hours ago, LindaViktoria said:

Thank you brother Antonio for sharing this.

It is something I will meditate over. A good reminder to not take anything for granted.

Where I live we have other problems, absolutely nothing like what you have described. but things change fast nowadays so who knows when it will be as difficult here as where you live.

I will pray for you brothers and sisters in Venezuela.

I havent heard anything about the situation in your country in the news here in Sweden so thank you for letting us know.

Jehovah will take care of you without a doubt.

I will never forget when I was maybe 13 years old and my family didn't have food at home and no money left. My mother didn't know how to feed us four children. Then the mail arrived with a check for a certain foodstore. My mother had sent in a slogan for something and they awarded her with money so we could buy food for a couple of days.

When you experience something like that it sure strenghtens your faith. 

Thank you Linda for you kindness.

I just came from a shepherding visit to a sister in a hospital, she is in critical condition. She has been suffering for years of cardiomegaly but because of the lack of medicines she skipped her treatment for a month, she was shy to ask for help to the elders, and her condition complicated, the doctors expect the worse. This really got me deeply as this is the first case touching one in our congregation. Please add her daughter (also our sister) in your prayers , sister Ivaray , that Jehovah gives her strength and comfort. She is alone dealing with her sick mother, she`s been suffering from depression and her mother was always there for her, his father was expelled one year ago.

Agape

Edited by Daniel244

Keeping that family in our prayers, Antonio. Hearing your first hand accounts of how this is personally affecting our brothers and sisters is very sobering. But it is clearer to me how very bad this system is, and how close we are to the end. This is very serious, no time to cruise by in the truth. May Jehovah continue to sustain you to keep helping your congregation. Very grateful we have brothers like you taking such a selfless lead.