JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is "Limited Access", and how do I become a "Full Access User"?

What is Limited Account Access Mode? 

There are 2 types of membership status here at JWTalk Forums: Full Access and Limited Access. 

When a new user registers to be a member of the forums, he is automatically registered as a Limited Access member. A few of features and privileges that Full Access members enjoy are not available to them. Of these, the most notable one is that any post they make is held in queue, a temporary waiting line, until a moderator has first read the post and approved it to be published to the board. Full Access members posts appear immediately on the board without moderator approval. There are a few other differences as well, but not many. 

The purpose of this, of course, is to prevent unqualified individuals (i.e. non-witnesses) from registering accounts and posting their thoughtless parroted gibberish to the forums. 

A Full Access member who continually violates the terms of the Forum Membership Policy may be placed in Limited Access Mode by a moderator to prevent him from freely posting offensive comments to the board. 

How can I obtain a Full Access membership at JWTalk? 

Wait patiently, and participate freely. The moderators will determine your eligibility after a you have been a member for a specific period of time and have made a specific number of posts to the Interchange Forum in order to establish some history with us. 

We will greatly reduce the number of posts required from you for consideration if you submit a photograph of yourself holding a current copy of Our Kingdom Ministry and Organized to do Jehovah’s Will. The date on the Kingdom Ministry must be clearly visible in your photograph. This photograph needs to be sent to...

adminemail.jpg

Please do not post your picture in a reply to this topic. 

Some individuals will take such a photo and make it their avatar picture. While that is nice, it still needs to be emailed to the administrator. The moderators do not necessarily read each and every post and may miss your photo or not realize your intent and desire to expedite your receiving a Full Access account. The email is the best way. 

Also keep in mind that submitting a photo is no guarantee of immediate approval. The email account is not always checked on a daily basis, plus some discussion among the moderators will have to take place yet. Really, just be patient and participate freely. Limited Access is not prohibiting you from posting and replying in any manner at all, except in the Forum Games forum because of the nature of the games in there. 

I was bad and I am sorry. How do I get my Full Access membership back? 

This is determined on a case by case basis.

Is the 'Friend's' feature a not available to new (limited access) members?    I did not see a 'friend' button.

Wait, you mean in the profile area?

post-272-0-21304300-1435936432_thumb.png

I believe that just has to do with sharing pictures you upload in your profile area. I don't know any who use it.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 5 months later...

There are 2 types of membership status here at JWTalk Forums: Full Access and Limited Access. 

When a new user registers to be a member of the forums, he is automatically registered as a Limited Access member. A few of features and privileges that Full Access members enjoy are not available to them. Of these, the most notable one is that any post they make is held in queue, a temporary waiting line, until a moderator has first read the post and approved it to be published to the board. Full Access members posts appear immediately on the board without moderator approval. There are a few other differences as well, but not many. 

The purpose of this, of course, is to prevent unqualified individuals (i.e. non-witnesses) from registering accounts and posting their thoughtless parroted gibberish to the forums. 

A Full Access member who continually violates the terms of the Forum Membership Policy may be placed in Limited Access Mode by a moderator to prevent him from freely posting offensive comments to the board. 

Thank you again for the work you do....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Hey Richard, why don't you post an offensive comment and see if you get busted down to limited access member? I'd like to see how that works! haha!

Do you want me to include your name?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2015 at 7:16 AM, trottigy said:

I don't think ANY of the moderators have the time to approve all your posts :nope:

I am for leaving it "as is".

I hope you will grant/make mine as a full access user. :) 

...But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah (Josue 24:15).

• 9 months later...

How does this work with the Christian Life and Ministry since most of us are using digital media! Do we hold up our tablet with the current lesson and organized book?:)

" You can't move forward looking back!"  (Luke 9:62)  Jesus said to him: “No man who has put his hand to a plow and looks at the things behind is well-suited for the Kingdom of God"

1 hour ago, mdoolittle said:

How does this work with the Christian Life and Ministry since most of us are using digital media! Do we hold up our tablet with the current lesson and organized book?:)

Well, that is an old arrangement that currently doesn't make much sense anymore. Maybe it will be dropped or changed in the future.

In any case the best way to receive full access is simply participating in the forums so that we can get to know each other better. :)

• 2 months later...
On 27/11/2016 at 9:38 AM, mdoolittle said:

Credit card information, birth certificate, a copy of your publishers card, recommendations from Bethel, signed by all members of the Governing body should grant you full access :P and your wife's permission to be here (if you have one)

Obviously kidding of course...post more!!!

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

10 minutes ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

Credit card information, birth certificate, a copy of your publishers card, recommendations from Bethel, signed by all members of the Governing body should grant you full access :P and your wife's permission to be here (if you have one)

Obviously kidding of course...post more!!!

You left out eye scan 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 12/11/2015 at 9:48 AM, shali said:

Hey Richard, why don't you post an offensive comment and see if you get busted down to limited access member? I'd like to see how that works! haha!

Oooh this! This!!!! JUmps up and down with excitement.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

• 2 months later...

How can I obtain a Full Access membership at JWTalk? 

Wait patiently, and participate freely. The moderators will determine your eligibility after a you have been a member for a specific period of time and have made a specific number of posts to the Interchange Forum in order to establish some history with us. 

We will greatly reduce the number of posts required from you for consideration if you submit a photograph of yourself holding a current copy of Our Kingdom Ministry and Organized to do Jehovah’s Will. The date on the Kingdom Ministry must be clearly visible in your photograph. This photograph needs to be sent to...

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jwtalk.net%2Fimages%2Fadminemail.jpg&key=105a5cae37c24d76eba38f2b3455c97b30e94f0f95556d9ba2f2197a841ad6f4

Please do not post your picture in a reply to this topic. 

Some individuals will take such a photo and make it their avatar picture. While that is nice, it still needs to be emailed to the administrator. The moderators do not necessarily read each and every post and may miss your photo or not realize your intent and desire to expedite your receiving a Full Access account. The email is the best way. 

Also keep in mind that submitting a photo is no guarantee of immediate approval. The email account is not always checked on a daily basis, plus some discussion among the moderators will have to take place yet. Really, just be patient and participate freely. Limited Access is not prohibiting you from posting and replying in any manner at all, except in the Forum Games forum because of the nature of the games in there. 

I was bad and I am sorry. How do I get my Full Access membership back? 

This is determined on a case by case basis.

Dear Moderators,

I was not aware of the my having to send you a photo. I am grateful though that I am allowed to post or share. I hope that you Bros are able to continue because I've so enjoyed this site. I find it so encouraging all the time and refreshing. I will email a photo of me with my Workbook and OG but please note I'm happy with the privileges I now have.
Your Sister from Missouri

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pursuing Peace

3 hours ago, shabranyon said:

Dear Moderators,

I was not aware of the my having to send you a photo. I am grateful though that I am allowed to post or share. I hope that you Bros are able to continue because I've so enjoyed this site. I find it so encouraging all the time and refreshing. I will email a photo of me with my Workbook and OG but please note I'm happy with the privileges I now have.
Your Sister from Missouri

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pursuing Peace

You do not have to send a photo for full access.  The photo only shortens the time a member is in limited access mode.  It is not a necessity