JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Special Convention 2017 - Cluj Napoca, ROMANIA

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2711 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was happy to see that one of the convention will be here in Canada! And it's in my old home town, Toronto!

I was hoping we in Montreal would be invited. But it doesn't look like it. A letter was read at our meeting tonight about it. The only thing it said was that several other conventions in Canada would have certain talks video-streamed to them. These talks would be ones given by a GB member or one of the helpers. Oh well, it's close enough.

I shouldn't have moved to Montreal, but stayed where I was in Toronto. Do you think I could change my mind now and decide not  move to Montreal 29 years ago?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6 October 2016 at 2:41 AM, Sheep said:

I was happy to see that one of the convention will be here in Canada! And it's in my old home town, Toronto!

I was hoping we in Montreal would be invited. But it doesn't look like it. A letter was read at our meeting tonight about it. The only thing it said was that several other conventions in Canada would have certain talks video-streamed to them. These talks would be ones given by a GB member or one of the helpers. Oh well, it's close enough.

I shouldn't have moved to Montreal, but stayed where I was in Toronto. Do you think I could change my mind now and decide not  move to Montreal 29 years ago?

We had a letter read tonight that we can put in an application to attend the Toronto convention.

6 hours ago, Mykyl said:

We had a letter read tonight that we can put in an application to attend the Toronto convention.

We never had such a letter read here. That's not surprising that you would be able to put in an application in the UK, but not any of us here in Canada. They're trying their best to give this convention an international flavour. (Us Canadians are too ordinary to get invited, except for Sylvie since she lives nearby anyway.)