JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2405 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Song 118 is now 16: Praise Jah for his Son, The Anointed.

Song 78 is now 114, its tittle changed completly: Exercise patience (James 5:8)

Song 85 A Full Reward From Jehovah was eliminated.

Song 1 has a little change in music. They added a syllable to the first sentence, so they made a note shorter to add another note and the syllable. Well, probably that doesn't make much sense, but CAN'T WAIT TO LISTEN TO THE MUSIC ARRANGEMENT.

Old song 148 (which is a NEW song) title has already changed.

From " You Gave Your Only-Begotten Son" to "You Gave Your Precious Son"

9 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

Is the songbook on jw library yet I can't see it:superman:

Yes

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/music-songs/sing-out-joyfully/

Edited by mserskine

First one noticed right off:  Song #85 is now song #136 - "A Full Reward from Jehovah" is now entitled "'A Perfect Wage' From Jehovah".  Reference scripture is now Ruth 2:12 rather than Matt 19:29.

New second verse (and chorus)... not quite so pitiful for single ones. :P    Instead of referring to *their* single state and "at times they are lonely, we know..."   , it now says:

2. At times we may feel that our lot in this life
Has burdened us more than our share.
And sometimes it seems that the cares of the day
Are more than we’re able to bear.
The God of all comfort takes note of your need;
You know he’s the Hearer of prayer.
His Word and his spirit and true, loving friends
Will bring to you comfort and care.

(CHORUS)
May Jehovah reward what you have done.
May he provide a perfect wage for you.
May you find refuge beneath his wings.
Jehovah is faithful; Jehovah is true.

More comparisons as I peruse...   :D

Song 19, which was old song 8, "The Lord's Evening Meal," now has a third verse.

Song 28, which was old song 106, "Gaining Jehovah's Friendship," has one note change that I noticed everyone at the Kingdom Hall was singing differently to the printed music, so that's a change most won't notice because they were singing it the new way all along :P 

4 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

Song 28, which was old song 106, "Gaining Jehovah's Friendship," has one note change that I noticed everyone at the Kingdom Hall was singing differently to the printed music, so that's a change most won't notice because they were singing it the new way all along :P 

hahaha true. Now is D instead of the lower A (Sorry if the letters are not the correct ones, but in Spanish we still use "Do" and "La" instead of letters for notation and I've been having a hard time switching to letters LOL)

1 minute ago, halfspanishlee said:

When it be available on jw library it's just on jw.org at the moment and everytime I download it it diverts to my jw library app 

When I downloaded the "JWPUB" file, it opens in the JW Library app on all my devices just by clicking (tapping) on it. Which makes it very easy to import.

Are you downloading the JWPUB version or the PDF/EPUB?

Song 43, "A Prayer of Thanks" (song 13, "A Prayer of Thanksgiving"), Song 68, "Sowing Kingdom Seed," Song 69, "Go Forward in Preaching the Kingdom! (song 97, "Forward, You Ministers of the Kingdom!"), and song 144, "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize!" have all been reduced from 3 verses to 2.

Song 109, "Love Intensely From the Heart", has been reduced from 2 verses to 1.

The melody of song 94, "Content With God's Good Gifts", has been put to totally new lyrics with the theme "Teaching the Word of God" (song 78). The melody of Song 115, "Making Our Way Successful," has been put to totally new lyrics with the theme "Life Depends on God's Word." Song 78, "Long-Suffering," has essentially the same lyrics but a new theme: "Exercise Patience." (Song 114) Song 85, "A Full Reward From Jehovah," is now Song 136, entitled "A Perfect Wage From Jehovah." Song 128, "The Scene of This World Is Changing," has been put to totally new lyrics with the theme "Keep Working, Watching, and Waiting." Song 14, "All Things Made New," is now Song 146, entitled "Making All Things New."

Edited by jscotchie