JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2407 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Does anyone know if the orchestral got together recently?  I think they normally do around this time of year.  I wonder what music they recorded, new renditions for the choir maybe, or instrumental music for the conventions, based on the new songbook.

On 12/26/2016 at 8:27 PM, dvds said:

I  downloaded the low german epub version and is not complete.

On 12/28/2016 at 11:06 AM, mserskine said:

Also noticed by downloading some that some languages don't have as many songs as the english do. I wonder why?

On 12/28/2016 at 0:05 PM, Jonathan77 said:

They don't look complete.  just a handful of songs.  There is no cover or contents pages, and the page numbers jump about.

Hhmmm. Does this mean that in some languages the songbook is not complete... yet? Maybe it will be ongoing in some languages. That would be why the song numbers "jump about," because they're leaving space for more songs when they're translated and ready to be added. After all these are just downloadable versions of the songbook. Once they have all 151 songs the printed songbooks can be released in those languages.

Does that make sense?

On 12/25/2016 at 3:29 PM, Tortuga said:

Our WT conductor reminded the cong that we don't start using the new song book until Monday 1/2/17 but we don't know if the speaker on Sunday 1/1/17 will pick a song from the new song book or old song book, so he recommended that we bring both song books on Sunday.

The brother that is responsible for Sound system recently sent out an email that the song videos are loaded on the Mac but are in a folder and wont be put on the desktop until Monday 1/2/17. This morning at the meeting for service I asked the Sunday Chairman if the speaker was planning on using a new song or old song and I reminded him that the system is currently set up for the old songs.

He told me that he had planned to call the speaker and ensure that he had selected one of the old songs for his talk. It ended up that the Talk Coordinator was put in my car group and at the end of the morning he told me the chairman had asked him to call the speaker and confirm that he had selected an old song. The brother then told me that last week he had been told to call the speaker and request the speaker to select a new song. 

If I hadn't asked about it, the speaker would have shown up expecting to sing one of the new songs as requested but since the new song videos are not readily available yet, it would have been a lot of last minute confusion.

Hopefully a little bit of communication has avoided that... <sigh>

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Hello Brothers and Sisters! Does anyone know a way to DL the new songs on Jw.org all together? I was only able to DL one at a time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

4 minutes ago, walkr2 said:

Hello Brothers and Sisters! Does anyone know a way to DL the new songs on Jw.org all together? I was only able to DL one at a time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the audio, above the first song you will see ZIP. That should download the m all

1 minute ago, mserskine said:

For the audio, above the first song you will see ZIP. That should download the m all

I guess I cannot do this on my iPad! 

1 minute ago, mserskine said:

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

We will be using the new song videos this week.  Finally we will have the words on screen.  It has also forced the elders to rethink the position of the projector and screen, and it will be moved.  More work for me!  The new position will hopefully allow the projector and screen to be on all the time and thus make more use of it.  So good all round.

3 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

We will be using the new song videos this week.  Finally we will have the words on screen.  It has also forced the elders to rethink the position of the projector and screen, and it will be moved.  More work for me!  The new position will hopefully allow the projector and screen to be on all the time and thus make more use of it.  So good all round.

Don't worry. We had to do the exact same thing earlier this year (2016).

As well as the new video's, we've also introduced a 'countdown ckock' that we will start at meetings this week. The countdown clock is part of the Soundbox software programme 

We moved early last year following direction not to have to in the centre in front of the podium. This will be the second time it will be moved.  Might also involve some out-of-the-box thinking on how to mount the projector.  Not sure about introducing the countdown clock.  Its taken all this time just to get the lyrics on the screen.  Maybe next year!

On 12/31/2016 at 3:57 AM, Jonathan77 said:

The new songbook now appears under the meetings tab in JW Library.

since this is so, why do the old songs "Sing to Jehovah" and "Sing to Jehovah - New Songs" also appear under the meetings tab (even when you delete them) while we no longer will be using them at our meetings?

Edited by timpin

5 hours ago, timpin said:

since this is so, why do the old songs "Sing to Jehovah" and "Sing to Jehovah - New Songs" also appear under the meetings tab (even when you delete them) while we no longer will be using them at our meetings?

Maybe its because of other languages (e.g. Chinese) that still need to use the sing to Jehovah songbook

6 hours ago, timpin said:

Our Kindom Hall has two Spanish congregations and, since they don't have the new songbook, they are still using the old book.

On 1/5/2017 at 3:45 AM, Ijones said:

How about the video files? Is there a way to download it as a zip file?

They would not know what resolution you wanted and the files can be very big individually and even larger as a group.  If these video files averaged 3 minutes each, that would be 7 1/2 hours of recorded video.

On 1/5/2017 at 0:45 AM, Ijones said:

How about the video files? Is there a way to download it as a zip file?

11 minutes ago, jwhess said:

They would not know what resolution you wanted and the files can be very big individually and even larger as a group.  If these video files averaged 3 minutes each, that would be 7 1/2 hours of recorded video.

There is a zip file, your Elders or  ministerial servants should have access via JW.org.

Currently only available in English.

Downloads as 720p.