JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2409 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Intercore said:

Which songs are out of a songbook? Sorry if I missed something in this topic :)

Three songs from our "Sing To Jehovah" songbook are not included

in our "Sing Out Joyfully To Jehovah" songbook.

# 16 Flee to God's Kingdom

#25 Proof of Discipleship

#51 Cleave to Jehovah

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

20 hours ago, Lucas said:

Where is The song 131 off the previous songbook in the new songbook?

Lucas,

The same happened with me. I was looking for the song 130 in new song book and could not find it. I was saddened but after good search I found it!  So my favorite song 130 now is song 141 and I'm happy its in the new song book! :) 

We had a funny thing with our first midweek meeting this year.  The chairman was still using his old songbook.  So he mentioned the song number to sing, along with the wrong title.  He couldn't work it out.  Then he did the same again with the middle song :D.  Thankfully someone explained that songs are in a different order now, so he got it right with the final song.

10 hours ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

The same happened with me. I was looking for the song 130 in new song book and could not find it. I was saddened but after good search I found it!  So my favorite song 130 now is song 141 and I'm happy its in the new song book! :) 

At least the new songbook has a list of the song titles in alphabetical order at the end. If you have the title in the old songbook you can find it in the new one (so long as the title wasn't changed too).

40 minutes ago, Sheep said:

At least the new songbook has a list of the song titles in alphabetical order at the end. If you have the title in the old songbook you can find it in the new one (so long as the title wasn't changed too).

I think it's easier to take a quick peek on the workbook... :lol:

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

Quick look at the songbook:
You know when you say that in English some songs have small changes in lyrics and one or two different verses, right?

In Spanish, we have a whole new songbook. Almost every song has new lyrics. Even the new ones. It is simpler Spanish, and it's beautiful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, richietj77 said:

Quick look at the songbook:
You know when you say that in English some songs have small changes in lyrics and one or two different verses, right?

In Spanish, we have a whole new songbook. Almost every song has new lyrics. Even the new ones. It is simpler Spanish, and it's beautiful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Yup! I was looking through it and I noticed that almost every song has been changed. It's a completely new book for us. Most of the songs don't use words like "nosotros" or verbs that are conjugated in the plural form. It mainly uses "yo" and singular conjugations. Makes the songs feel more personal and they connect with me more than the previous versions of the songs did. I absolutely love the new chorus line for "He Will Call". When translated, it says:

" 'I will call those who are sleeping and they will respond. I miss them so much and I yearn to see them...that day will soon come.' We will soon be able to hug and kiss them again and we will live forever giving thanks to Jehovah". 

Just beautiful and touching lyrics. The name of the song in Spanish even changed. It's called "Jehovah will call them". 

Edited by MM9106

Seems like someone accidentally pushed a button they weren't supposed to. Haha. Same thing happened with the Return to Jehovah brochure and the  Portuguese (Portugal) version of the revised NWT. Those were eventually released at conventions. At least we know that the book is complete and has begun printing. Now we wait for the announcement. :) 

Edited by MM9106

Will any spanish speaker country have a special meeting? Here in Brazil we will have in January 22nd. I'm so curious, because the articles in watchtower are using the new song numbers, the children video for Reaching Out is in the new song number.. :ecstatic:

Also the download link for Reaching Out in spanish is 84.

Edited by dvds

27 minutes ago, dvds said:

Will any spanish speaker country have a special meeting? Here in Brazil we will have in January 22nd. I'm so curious, because the articles in watchtower are using the new song numbers, the children video for Reaching Out is in the new song number.. :ecstatic:

Also the download link for Reaching Out in spanish is 84.

As far as I know, there is no special meeting for Spanish speakers or Spanish speaking countries. I'm guessing the songbook will either be released at the convention or before the convention. I was talking about this with a few brothers today and we all think the same thing. Even if we don't have printed copies of the book for the convention, we could use our mobile devices or the lyrics on the screen. We also discussed the possibility of the Bible being released. One brother said that he wouldn't be surprised if it's released at the Annual Meeting since it's being interpreted in Spanish simultaneously.

17 hours ago, MM9106 said:

Same thing happened with the Return to Jehovah brochure

....I received the brochure before it was released.....:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Well, I just found a very slight melody adjustment that had escaped my attention until now when I was listening to the orchestral recordings. In song 90, 'Encourage One Another,' in the expression "The love we find among God's people," the note for the word "love" is now the same pitch as the notes immediately around it. Previously, this note went down, and then back up. 

Don't mind me, just thought I'd share... :) 

Our new songbooks arrived today! Well, just the regular size, large print is still pending, but they came a lot earlier than I expected. The letter to the Australia branch said that worst case scenario is they arrive in May this year, so a few months early is a nice surprise :) 

Today we had here in Brazil our special meeting with two representatives from the world headquarters. And it was announced the released of the new songbook in Portuguese, first available in digital format. Already available.

:bouncing::dance:

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=sjj&fileformat=EPUB%2CMOBI%2CPDF%2CRTF%2CBRL&alllangs=