JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2408 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 5/13/2017 at 1:09 PM, Thesauron said:

Do you prefer to use the lyrics on the video screens or on your tablet (or printed)?

One good thing about the screens is that you lift your head to see the lyrics, making you open your mouth wider and sing louder! However, I still prefer reading the lyrics off the printed page. I have a semi-adequate knowledge of how to read music, so I can "see" the melody by reading out of the book. Sometimes I need a bit of help with the melody while we're singing along, and the notes printed in the book remind me of the tune. If the videos had the notes displayed I would likely be looking at the screens more.

On 4/26/2017 at 2:15 PM, richietj77 said:

Spanish songs with lyrics videos are all up.

Quick question:

Letter to Spanish-speaking congregations stated that we will start using the new songbook on the week of September 4, but regional convention program in Spanish shows the new songs, and regional conventions in Spanish starts on May 19, 2017

Has anyone heard about another letter about this?

4 days 'til first convention in Spanish. Anyone know something?

4 hours ago, richietj77 said:

A letter was read? An announcement was made over there? 

No letter or announcement. Some elders that are working on the convention told other brothers. Elders in my congregation are making sure that everyone has downloaded the book or has printed the sheets for the songs that are gonna be used. Some congregations have already received the full book but most haven't. The brothers said that because the song numbers listed on the program are from the new songbook and hasn't changed means it's official and that the Slave wants the new songs used even though we won't use them at our congregation meetings until September. At the branch visit in Central America a few weeks back, the new songbook was used. They used lyric videos and digital copies.

Edited by MM9106

No letter or announcement. Some elders that are working on the convention told other brothers. Elders in my congregation are making sure that everyone has downloaded the book or has printed the sheets for the songs that are gonna be used. Some congregations have already received the full book but most haven't. The brothers said that because the song numbers listed on the program are from the new songbook and hasn't changed means it's official and that the Slave wants the new songs used even though we won't use them at our congregation meetings until September. At the branch visit in Central America a few weeks back, the new songbook was used. They used lyric videos and digital copies.

In some languages they have added a footnote to the first song that all songs are from Sing Out Joyfully.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 5/13/2017 at 10:09 AM, Thesauron said:

Do you prefer to use the lyrics on the video screens or on your tablet (or printed)? Why?

Johan

I prefer to read the music along with the words.  I like being able to count the notes and rests for timing and see where there are slight changes in the melodies.

It's easy to hold the book up and out so that one's head is not lowered whilst singing -- at least it is for me.  That's how I've always sung.  I use the printed songbook (large edition); I find the music on the tablet a bit too small to read comfortably.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I wonder how the friends will react to this new songbook. It is based on the yet-to-be released revision of the nwt in Swedish. For example, 'faithful and discreet slave' (Mt 24:45) has been removed in favour of 'faithful and wise servant'.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

18 hours ago, Araujo JW said:
The same here in Brazil. We'll be using it in the week of May 29. >:D

You get a lot of opportunity to practice the new lyrics then. How do you do it?

There is no printed edition in Swedish yet, so the brothers will have to rely on the digital edition and the videos. (It was printed in April, but needs to remain in press for a while.)

Johan

Edited by carlos

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

The same here in Brazil. We'll be using it in the week of May 29. >:D<

And here in my city the songbook has not yet arrived, has suffered some delay, and we are going to start using it next week :unsure:

And here in my city the songbook has not yet arrived, has suffered some delay, and we are going to start using it next week :unsure:

It's ok, the videos are fine, and if you need the music it's easy to download. Print is not necessarily a must the way was earlier. Besides, many friends will probably opt to skip the printed edition since the production cost is so high. And if you live in an area where it's not a necessity, you can give the contribution and let someone of lesser means use a printed copy at no cost.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

12 hours ago, Thesauron said:

You get a lot of opportunity to practice the new lyrics then. How do you do it?

There is no printed edition in Swedish yet, so the brothers will have to rely on the digital edition and the videos. (It was printed in April, but needs to remain in press for a while.)

Johan

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

9 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

We had to rely on the digital editions and the use of the videos for three months before the songbooks arrived.  For the most part, I still use the video screen instead of a songbook.  Keeps my head up while singing.

For now we have the digital version and videos that I've downloaded all to practice at home before the meetings. We hope the printed version will arrive later this week. But, I will accompany the songs on the screen of the Kingdom Hall.

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

É ok, os vídeos estão bem, e se você precisar da música é fácil de baixar. Imprimir não é necessariamente um deve o caminho foi antes. Além disso, muitos amigos provavelmente optarão por pular a edição impressa, já que o custo de produção é tão alto. E se você vive em uma área onde não é uma necessidade, você pode dar a contribuição e deixar alguém de meios menores usar uma cópia impressa, sem nenhum custo.

Johan

Wow, yes, I've already downloaded all the songs with the lyrics to our congregation, but our Kingdom Hall is great and those who are behind do not see the lyrics on TV, I think of the older brothers who really need the printed copy. But until the weekend is coming.

Brother Reino Kesk from Warwick visits the Central European Branch Office in Selters today and all congregations will be tied in by stream for a 2 1/2 hours programm- I wonder if he has any news for us in Germany regarding the new Sing our Joyfully to Jehovah Songbook and/or the new bible in german.

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

5 hours ago, Rochelle said:

Brother Reino Kesk from Warwick visits the Central European Branch Office in Selters today and all congregations will be tied in by stream for a 2 1/2 hours programm- I wonder if he has any news for us in Germany regarding the new Sing our Joyfully to Jehovah Songbook and/or the new bible in german.

Hey, that's cool! I met Brother Kesk years ago. He and I both lived in the area of Toronto (Canada). The brother who was studying with me brought him to our study once. Brother Kesk and I both have a background in radio broadcasting when we were in our 20s. (I was still in radio at the time, but not him.) It was about 1974-5 or so.

Then, in the late 1990s or so, Brother Kesk and I came across each other again when he was serving (if I recall correctly) as temporary District Overseer in Montreal. Funny. I had to think a bit at first to remember where I had seen him before.

6 hours ago, Rochelle said:

Great ,very encouraging Talk.
Nothing was said about the Bible or the Songbook.
At the end of the year we will have the book

"Jesus -  The Way The Truth The Life" in german.

Great ,very encouraging Talk. Nothing was said about the Bible or the Songbook. At the end of the year we will have the book "Jesus -  The Way The Truth The Life" in german.

Great. It will include quotes from the revised edition of the NWT in German, just like a new convention release will. The songbook will likely be released on the website accompanied by a letter to the BoEs to be read at an upcoming meeting.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I remember Brother Kesk from the US Branch Visit a few years ago. He gave a wonderful talk. That's great news about the "Way, the Truth, the Life" book becoming available. Maybe that means other languages will become available around the same time. I'm hoping for Spanish. That could be the next publication we study after the "Kingdom Rules" book if it's available in a good number of languages.

8 hours ago, Rochelle said:

Brother Reino Kesk from Warwick visits the Central European Branch Office in Selters today....

Did I hear correctly that he is serving in the South Korea branch office? I may have got it wrong/lost in translation....