JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2386 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Did I hear correctly that he is serving in the South Korea branch office? I may have got it wrong/lost in translation....

Isn't Reino and Lesli serving in Estonia?

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

9 hours ago, Skye said:

Did I hear correctly that he is serving in the South Korea branch office? I may have got it wrong/lost in translation....

Sister Fae you are right - somehow I got it mixed up - but yes, currently Brother Kesk an his wife are serving in the South Korean Bransch.

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

Ah, and yes, my expectations about receiving the new song book in german was wrong too- even though at one point Br. Kesk quoted Ps. 96:1,2 (Sing to Jehovah...) and I almost jumped out of my chair. But no... I was wrong...

12 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Isn't Reino and Lesli serving in Estonia?

2 hours ago, Rochelle said:

As Br. Kesk mentioned he and his wife were in Estonia but currently they are serving in the South Korean Branch

Yes, they used to serve in Estonia. Estonia is featured in the 2011 Yearbook, pages 162-255. They come into the story starting at the end of page 233, right to the end. There is a picture of them on page 243 (printed edition only).

Ah, and yes, my expectations about receiving the new song book in german was wrong too- even though at one point Br. Kesk quoted Ps. 96:1,2 (Sing to Jehovah...) and I almost jumped out of my chair. But no... I was wrong...

It'll come much sooner than you think. The translators will probably base it on the revised bible, hence the wait. But since you are starting to receive publications quoting the revision (according to RTO instructions), it must mean they are starting to get enough verses in place to be able to finish the songbook. So just hold on a little while.

Johan
I live in London and my congregation still haven't got our songbook yet

The printed editions for the western world is not a priority. It's a priority for the smaller languages that never had a songbook before.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The songbook as prepared in Inuktitut (syllabic writing).034604b652476cd4687be7ba2991e564.jpg

This is a very young written language for the Quebecois Inuktitut people of the Nunavut and Nunavik regions. This written language was established in 1976.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

We will be using our new songbook today for the first time in our meetings, along with the video with the lyrics on the screen! 0f1dd445-920c-4a2b-a17c-4940e0da8690_zpsl9c5sgxt.png&key=59ee499143160aae3371f96ff364b58d06aee520a8095cd364ef08fb0e09442a

Very happy! :dance:

18268558_699863380199799_3799880614078700876_n_zpskoq0z7s5.jpg&key=919c929370abc6513b6a9da626185dc864d130d804d0ad3ad83b9a459374f2a8

aa4f42e7-aa41-4a1d-84df-4c1fa3747345_zpscujvdbgh.jpg&key=7fbe77242da883c89868d5fd73d30ada6371911ed636e7e468e6a7fbf016ab6d

That's awesome. Sweden will begin on Saturday.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 5/14/2017 at 9:15 AM, Skye said:

I used to prefer the screen since I could lift my head and project my voice, but lately, the lyrics are slower that the melody. So we keep missing (and therefore mumble) the first word  of every new page.

Yesterday at the meetings we had a different video for the song parts, one where the lyrics scroll up. So, problem solved! I can now say with certainty that I prefer singing using the lyrics video. 

Yesterday at the meetings we had a different video for the song parts, one where the lyrics scroll up. So, problem solved! I can now say with certainty that I prefer singing using the lyrics video. 

I'm still interested in why it all of a sudden started to lag. The videos show the lyrics 1 second ahead of the melody, I believe. Maybe the brothers need to look at the video setup so it syncs with audio?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I realized that people sang louder with those new songs. It was amazing how attendance was excited to start singing them. I sang so loud that my voice almost got hoarse!

Edited by Ivine

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

2 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I'm still interested in why it all of a sudden started to lag. The videos show the lyrics 1 second ahead of the melody, I believe. Maybe the brothers need to look at the video setup so it syncs with audio?

Johan

You asked before whether we are using locally-produced videos....I honestly do not know. The new video has a dark-blue background with white/grey color lyrics.....looks different from the former one which was a grey background with black color lyrics (more like what's on the JW Lib app and JW.org.)

2 hours ago, Skye said:

You asked before whether we are using locally-produced videos....I honestly do not know. The new video has a dark-blue background with white/grey color lyrics.....looks different from the former one which was a grey background with black color lyrics (more like what's on the JW Lib app and JW.org.)

The official videos are with grey background and black lyrics.  Anything else is either made by someone else or something else, like computer generated. 

It was with great enthusiasm and joy my Swedish congregation used the new songbook for the first time today, as well as the new lyrics on video. The printed edition is still in preparation.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 1 month later...

I just noticed that the piano and orchestral music mp3s for the Sing to Jehovah songbook has been removed from all areas of the website and library app.  (it still is available in some languages, but for English and many others it is gone).  Chorus still remains as do the Kingdom Melodies.  Has this just happened or did I miss it?  Perhaps it won't be long before all the old music is removed soon and replace by the Chorus and Kingdom Melodies versions of the new song book.

5 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

I just noticed that the piano and orchestral music mp3s for the Sing to Jehovah songbook has been removed from all areas of the website and library app.  (it still is available in some languages, but for English and many others it is gone).  Chorus still remains as do the Kingdom Melodies.  Has this just happened or did I miss it?  Perhaps it won't be long before all the old music is removed soon and replace by the Chorus and Kingdom Melodies versions of the new song book.

A new collection of Kingdom Melodies would be great

Its not just the Sing to Jehovah mp3s, but also the PDFs and JW Library can't download the publication anymore.  Its been wiped out

There is no need to keep it if we are not going to use it.

Johan
A new collection of Kingdom Melodies would be great

True, even though vocal recordings are better for memorising lyrics.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 4 weeks later...

GREAT NEWS for Germany: From January 2018 onward we will sing from the new Song-book  as it is mentioned in the first study-article of the Nov. 2017 Study-Edition of the WT wih the super-fitting title: Make a joyful Sound!

GREAT NEWS for Germany: From January 2018 onward we will sing from the new Song-book  as it is mentioned in the first study-article of the Nov. 2017 Study-Edition of the WT wih the super-fitting title: Make a joyful Sound!

Fantastic. It's a lovely songbook. If your BoE so chooses, you can use the videos for lyrics, as I know many congregations do. It helps the singing for many people since it makes them look up, not down into a songbook. It will also be based on the revised NWT in German, so some expressions might be new to you.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”