JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2323 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know something about the german edition ?  by the way, all other new publications are outstanding (new teach book,  songbook, new book about Jesus). I guess this depends on the NWT 2013, but the yerarbook too ?

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=yb17

• 5 months later...

I  was impressed with Bro. Tamazi Biblaia's experience on page 102. Especially when they moved in with his Bible Student's family. That would've been hard for me.

"I was given a choice—either change my mind or be cast out of the family.

I made the decision to leave town. Being a metalworker, I considered moving to the second largest city in Georgia, Kutaisi, where I could easily find employment. I also knew that there was a great need for publishers in that city, so I looked to Jehovah for guidance.

Shortly thereafter, I met one of my Bible students, who lived in a small town called Jvari. When he heard that I was thinking of moving to Kutaisi, he begged me to move to his town instead. “We have an apartment,” he told me. “My wife, my children, and I will move to one room, and you and your wife can use the other one.”

Since I was seeking Jehovah’s direction, I told him that I would temporarily accept his offer only if I quickly found both a job and a place to rent in Jvari. To my great surprise, he came back the same evening with a list of job offers.

A few days later, my family settled in Jvari. From the very first day, I had a job with a surprisingly high salary. My new boss offered me accommodations in a large house owned by the company. Soon after, I was asked to help with the underground printing of Bible literature. We had plenty of space in our new home, so my wife and I made it available for this activity."

• 1 month later...

This week, instead of local needs, we considered the 2 experiences in the Yearbook, and boy, weren't there many lessons to take home. My favorite was the second experience:

His Prayer Was Heard

In Hong Kong, a pioneer brother named Brett approached a young man in his late 20’s and offered him the tract What Is the Key to Happy Family Life? Upon seeing the tract, the young man was moved to tears. He explained that he had been raised in the truth, but when he was 16 years old, he ran away from home. For the next five years, he lived on the streets and became addicted to drugs until he was found and helped by a charity organization.

He went on to say that the morning he met this brother, he had prayed, “If the religion of my youth is correct, please show me a sign today.” He felt that his prayer had been answered. The two went to a nearby coffee shop where they considered material from the brochure Return to JehovahBecause the young man had to return to France that evening, they exchanged contact information. Later, the young man wrote to Brett: “My dear brother, Jehovah has answered my prayers. I will go to the nearest hall on Sunday.” He made contact with Witnesses in France and began to study the Bible and attend meetings.

Good reminder on being more adaptable to change to whatever topic is most suitable for the HH. Reminder that Jehovah listens to earnest prayers, that we need to avail ourselves to be used by Jehovah. But the one that hit home the hardest was a reminder that we should have a copy of this brochure in our ministry bags, or at least download it to our devices. We never know when we may need it. All our publications are valuable!

• 2 months later...

With no yearbook for 2018, do you think we will receive the worldwide service report in one of the 2018 Meeting Workbooks? 

Or will this be received some other way?

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

9 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

With no yearbook for 2018, do you think we will receive the worldwide service report in one of the 2018 Meeting Workbooks? 

Try this

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/worldwide/

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 15/11/2017 at 7:24 PM, Chris7 said:

From the 2018 January Workbook:

Annual Service Report: (15 min.) Talk by an elder. After reading the letter from the branch office regarding the annual service report, interview publishers, selected in advance, who had outstanding experiences in the ministry during the past year.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/jw-meeting-workbook/january-2018-mwb/meeting-schedule-jan1-7/

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)