JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2323 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If you go to the 2016 Yearbook on JW.ORG and open the page talking about Indonesia:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/2016-yearbook/indonesia/

And get the top image link:

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/302016000/univ/art/302016000_univ_lsr_xl.jpg

So, change 2016 to 2017:

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/302017000/univ/art/302017000_univ_lsr_xl.jpg

In Google Chrome right click on the image and select Search Image on Google, we get this link, it says it's Wilderness (in South Africa).

Am I so crazy or this Yearbook will talk about South Africa?

19 minutes ago, trottigy said:

The link will be here :

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=yb17

Not yet.

When I change the 17 to 16 or 15 the link works for the previous yearbooks so it looks like a valid link.

Thanks, we'll keep checking it...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

The 2017 YearbookWhaaaat.gif

A point to ponder...

Why do we refer to this as the 2017 Yearbook,Thinking scratchchin.gif

when its really all about the year 2016?Bat eyes smirk.gif

Actually it is 2015 - 2016 service year.  If it was named  2016, half of the friends would wonder why it wasn't named 2015 and vise-versa.  They compromised and named it the following year.  :lol1:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

21 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

The 2017 YearbookWhaaaat.gif

A point to ponder...

Why do we refer to this as the 2017 Yearbook,Thinking scratchchin.gif

when its really all about the year 2016?Bat eyes smirk.gif

Because last year was the 2016 Yearbook...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

32 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I just KNEW 'someone' was going to say that!YES Grinning.gif

Yes It is released in the 2017 service year. Well, 2016/17

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

On 28/12/2016 at 7:39 PM, Chris7 said:

2 days to go. Probably the final release of 2016.  

Its been an eventful year, and with legal decisions due in January from Russia & South Korea, we'll need to remain specific with our prayers.

2 days to go Probably the first book release of 2017.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

12 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Starting from when? Or just any two days will do?

Haha, yes I think this week for sure. Perhaps by Tomorrow night (Thursday). If it doesn't happen, then I will give no more predictions on the yearbook until next year. 

It's not as if we haven't got plenty to read and watch but it would be nice if it came soon! Always a good read.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, Chris7 said:

Haha, yes I think this week for sure. Perhaps by Tomorrow night (Thursday). If it doesn't happen, then I will give no more predictions on the yearbook until next year. 

I'm positive it will come on a Wednesday,  give or take three days....

On 12/28/2016 at 2:39 PM, Chris7 said:

...   and with legal decisions due in January from Russia & South Korea, we'll need to remain specific with our prayers.

aren't those dates the following two Fridays?   ...   or was it the last two Fridays?   ...   I think one of them coincides with Trumps inauguration? 

On 12/31/2016 at 8:21 AM, jscotchie said:

What he's saying is during the week starting Monday January 2nd, we will begin using our new songbook, see our first JW Broadcasting monthly program from the studio's new location, and POSSIBLY have the 2017 Yearbook released.

I say possibly because the Yearbook may not come out until the following Monday, as it has done at least once in the last few years. So unless Tim has some inside information, the release of the Yearbook next week is only a (likely) possibility.

thank you for clarifying

Edited by timpin

For the yearbook is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie.Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come true.It will not be late!

On 31/12/2016 at 1:21 PM, jscotchie said:

What he's saying is during the week starting Monday January 2nd, we will begin using our new songbook, see our first JW Broadcasting monthly program from the studio's new location, and POSSIBLY have the 2017 Yearbook released.

I say possibly because the Yearbook may not come out until the following Monday, as it has done at least once in the last few years. So unless Tim has some inside information, the release of the Yearbook next week is only a (likely) possibility.

Does this mean we have only 3 days to wait? 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)