JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Things You Shouldn't Say!

Brother_Bliss

Who's Lou and Abbott ?    :secret:

"William "Bud" Abbott and Lou Costello were an American comedy duo whose work in vaudeville and on stage, radio, film and television made them the most popular comedy team during the 1940s and early 1950s. Their patter routine "Who's on First?" is considered one of the greatest comedy routines of all time and set the framework for many of their best-known comedy bits."

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Who's Lou and Abbott ?    :secret:

Brigette forgot who they were...must have been before her time... :infatuated:    Actually we used to watch Lou and Abbott Costello, They were a riot!  And as kids we watched them on an old black and white T.V. We only had 3 channels at the time...a piece of coat hangar for an antenna, and this was back in the 70's...

Brigette forgot who they were...must have been before her time... :infatuated:    Actually we used to watch Lou and Abbott Costello, They were a riot!  And as kids we watched them on an old black and white T.V. We only had 3 channels at the time...a piece of coat hangar for an antenna, and this was back in the 70's...

I didn't forget who they were - I was the one who brought their names up in the first place!!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Per Wikipedia:

Blowing a raspberry, strawberry or making a Bronx cheer is to make a noise that may signify derision, real or feigned. It may also be used in childhood phonemic play either solely by the child or by adults towards a child to encourage imitation to the delight of both parties. It is made by placing the tongue between the lips and blowing to produce a sound similar to flatulence. In the terminology of phonetics, this sound can be described as an unvoiced linguolabial trill [r̼̊]. It is never used in human language phonemically (e.g., to be used as a building block of words), but the sound is widely used across human cultures.

The nomenclature varies by country. In the United States, Bronx cheer is sometimes used; otherwise, in the U.S. and in other anglophone countries, it is known as a raspberry, rasp, or razz – the origin of which is an instance of rhyming slang, in which the non-rhyming part of a rhyming phrase is used as a synonym. In this case, "raspberry tart" rhymes with "fart".[1] It was first recorded in 1890.[2]

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Who's Abbott And Costello?

I think the real question is Who's on first?

Why?

oh wait, he is in left field and so is this thread     :D

New:

What NOT to say to "I don't know" at short stop?

What happened to "I Don't Care"?

New: What do you not say to the grocer that sells raspberry's?

I'll trade you some of my raspberries for your raspberries.

New: What do you not say to your pioneer partner who has raspberry jelly down the front of her white shirt?

I'll trade you some of my raspberries for your raspberries.

New: What do you not say to your pioneer partner who has raspberry jelly down the front of her white shirt?

Are you saving that for later?

New: What do not say to the brother with toothpaste on his tie?

Perhaps you should try getting some of that on your teeth.

New: What do you not say to the crazy lady following you around the grocery store telling you what you should and shouldn't buy. (and don't say "Beat it Shali!" haha)

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Oh!!! I forgot!!! I should've remembered you controlled my life! So that means you're paying for this too.

NEW:

Things you shouldn't say to someone with bad breath.

Here Bro (Or Sis)...try this toothe brush...it belonged to Fido...he won't mind...cured his gingivitis

New. They were having a special on listerine....I brought you a case

• 3 weeks later...

Here Bro (Or Sis)...try this toothe brush...it belonged to Fido...he won't mind...cured his gingivitis

New. They were having a special on listerine....I brought you a case

Too bad you don't use it yourself.

New: What to say to a Brother who insists on a 5 minute handshake every time you meet.

New: What to say to a Brother who insists on a 5 minute handshake every time you meet.

Sorry, they were out of towels in the restroom and I didn't want wet hands.

What do you not say to a brother or sister that insists they are a hugger?

• 4 weeks later...

Hug me once,hug me twice, but you'd better not hug me thrice

New: What not to say to a Brother who has just given his first talk on the TMS 

Did you know your zipper was down the whole time?

New: What not to say to someone who just bought their first computer.

New: What not to say to someone who just bought their first computer.

Be careful you don't get infonesia and dead-neck and make sure you take bio-breaks.

Make sure you need dead-tree versions and watch out you don't become a mouse potato.

New: What not to say to a Brother who sneezes on the back of your neck during a meeting

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

(I felt I had to resuscitate this thread. Although one year has passed there is still life in it. I'll start with a topical topic )

What not to say to a brother who is always talking about the Olympic games at the Kingdom Hall?

Edited by Catalyst

50 minutes ago, Catalyst said:

(I felt I had to resuscitate this thread. Although one year has passed there is still life in it. I'll start with a topical topic )

What not to say to a brother who is always talking about the Olympic games at the Kingdom Hall?

Who's winning?:phone: