JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cleansing Diet

My wife and I went on a Cleansing Diet for 14 days. It consist of Pure Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice, and Cayanne Pepper. She loss 10 lbs. after 14 days, I was very proud of her. As for me I have to confess I lasted 5 days and then laid back in my easy chair and had me a burger :eat: She told me she wanted to go for 40 days next time and I told her "there me be something to that, Jesus fasted for 40 days." That was our way of making light of her Cleansing Diet.

I sort of have done the, "500 calories, one day, eat normal the next", and actually lost 10 pesky pounds. More power to your wife. She has more will power then I do. I liked the 500 calorie thing. Like interval training with exercise. Don't have to stay with it long, but that interval sure does help! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

On 11/26/2016 at 10:41 AM, Manny2186 said:

My wife and I went on a Cleansing Diet for 14 days. It consist of Pure Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice, and Cayanne Pepper. She loss 10 lbs. after 14 days, I was very proud of her. As for me I have to confess I lasted 5 days and then laid back in my easy chair and had me a burger :eat: She told me she wanted to go for 40 days next time and I told her "there me be something to that, Jesus fasted for 40 days." That was our way of making light of her Cleansing Diet.

I am happy for your wife and for you too, Ms Bea.  Personally today I started the 3 Day Cardiac Diet - it works chemically and you have to follow it exactly.  The other four days you eat normally.  Well, I am past breakfast and lunch.  I could eat the table right now.  I am a junk food eater and even a 'grazer'...nibbling all day.  How surprised I was Sunday when I had problems getting dressed for the meeting!  My clothes had shrunk.  So, if I can get past supper tonight I will be so happy that I have accomplished the first day!  Oh, I do get one cup of vanilla ice cream w/supper tonight.  I look forward to that.  So I hope I can follow the two sisters and lose a few pounds.  And, Bro Manny, you did good - but yes, I'd love a burger myself right now.  Usually you men lose weight much faster than women but enjoy your burger.  Maybe we can join you soon.  LOL.  

• 1 month later...

Some good healthy eating things that worked for me (back when I was able to eat a normal diet lol)

* Eating under 20 grams of fat daily = 10 lbs lost in 1 week

* Putting fresh parsley, lemon slices and cucumber in water to flavor 

* Cut back on chocolate and sodas (less caffeine = better sleep)

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

• 2 months later...

Peppermint, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Tangerine, Orange

As you see, a lot of citrus..

A couple of drops of 3 of the EO that you smell as soon as you feel a craving, or all along your day from time to time

Then you change the EO the day after with 3 other EO and you repeat.... 

You can use EO also for digestive purposes, such as Peppermint (think about the peppermint tea usually served in the Middle East after dinner, as a natural digestive thing) (mentha piperita) , Basilic (occinum basilicum), Lemon (citrus lemonus) zest, Ginger... I am giving you the latin equivalent word because there are so many ; with the latin word you immediately know the one to pick.

Either way you rub your belly with 2 or 3 drops of EO, or you dilute them with a vegetable oil, Macadamia oil for instance (a few drops as well)

• 4 weeks later...

Thought for food or food for thought ?

There are day's when I want to eat like a  horse.  But horses have to run way too much to keep trim.

There are days when I eat like a cow, but then I think of how long and tedious it is to chew and chew and chew would just give me a sore jaw.

There are days that I want to eat like a bird,  but I learned that birds eat one-quarter to one-half their body weight every day. When would I have time to do anything else?

There are days when I want to eat like a mouse. When I think of a mouse in the house,  eating the crumbs that fall on the floor. And it's a myth about the 3 or 5 second rule when something falls to the floor.

There are days that I don't want to eat at all. But then my hypoglycemia kicks in and I get nervous and tremble n shake and  get confused and weak.

There are days I get paranoid about where this food came from and what all these ingredients  are that I can barely pronounce.

There are days that I get tired of eating the same things, but I think of some areas of the world where they are starving literally to death.

We all have days similar to these. No day is perfect yet and neither am I.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2017 at 3:01 PM, Patinage said:

Peppermint, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Tangerine, Orange

As you see, a lot of citrus..

A couple of drops of 3 of the EO that you smell as soon as you feel a craving, or all along your day from time to time

Then you change the EO the day after with 3 other EO and you repeat.... 

You can use EO also for digestive purposes, such as Peppermint (think about the peppermint tea usually served in the Middle East after dinner, as a natural digestive thing) (mentha piperita) , Basilic (occinum basilicum), Lemon (citrus lemonus) zest, Ginger... I am giving you the latin equivalent word because there are so many ; with the latin word you immediately know the one to pick.

Either way you rub your belly with 2 or 3 drops of EO, or you dilute them with a vegetable oil, Macadamia oil for instance (a few drops as well)

Thank you for that wonderful tip Sis Patricia. :)