JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2017 Conventions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2559 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We had an announcement Tuesday evening meeting that our 2017 "Don,t Give Up".  Regional Convention will be May 19,20,21 at the fairgrounds (Jim Norrick) arena in Oklahoma City.   Really looking forward to the Convention as I realize all of you brothers are as well.    Christian greetings to all of you.

On 12/1/2016 at 5:09 AM, marcusth said:

When and where is yours?

Some have been told this week. I was hearing from a friend last night that there won't be a convention at Exeter next year but are being assigned to Cardiff instead 

December RC double talk - good time for a merge before it gets more confusing   ...   

• 3 months later...

Received my 50 lapel pins yesterday. Big job now of mailing many out to family in four states.  From my Congregation last year, one sister had hers on but forgot her convention badge and had no problems all day. Myself however, I carry my leather bag around with my tablet and I get searched. Life is not fair.  :D  Pins are 1" square.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/5239-links-to-more-websites-produced-and-maintained-by-other-jehovah’s-witnesses-master-list/?do=findComment&comment=455339

2017 RC.png

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Mine is in September in Rome Georgia. 

(1 Corinthians 2 14,15)  14 But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

On 4/8/2017 at 7:32 AM, rocket said:

Received my 50 lapel pins yesterday. Big job now of mailing many out to family in four states.  From my Congregation last year, one sister had hers on but forgot her convention badge and had no problems all day. Myself however, I carry my leather bag around with my tablet and I get searched. Life is not fair.  :D  Pins are 1" square.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/5239-links-to-more-websites-produced-and-maintained-by-other-jehovah’s-witnesses-master-list/?do=findComment&comment=455339

2017 RC.png

Happy to have this link. Ordered 10 for family and friends.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Mine's in July 6-8. There are some little problems with settlement in our city (where convention will be) because 6th of July is a public holiday in Lithuania, so, all the hotels/hostels are filled out with people default_biggrin.png

Camping? Rent a school and create accommodation there?

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Everything can be easily resolved - just our brothers and sisters can welcome arrivals into their homes!

That's an idea. The brothers have proven to be inventive both in the past and now. In some areas you sleep outside at the convention site.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

In the 1950s and early 1960s, in the USA we used to have "tent cities" or "trailer (caravan) cities" near many of the large summer conventions.  These often had bathroom facilities and running water available.  Our family of 8 individuals was too big for a hotel room (and my father could not afford it), so we used a tent or trailer for every assembly that was more than a couple of hours away by car. I did not get to stay in a hotel room until I graduated from high school and I paid for it myself.

Oh yes! Tent and Trailer City, New Jersy, 1953. I remember it well...well, I remember being down wind of the restrooms, a smell that will live forever in infamy. But it was a lot of fun. We stayed in Brooklyn but went to trailer city to be with friends for a day. The convention program was piped in.  Photo from Pinterest.

jw encampment 1953 world convention; This was the Tent  Trailer City near Yankee Stadium and the Polo Grounds. This was my first Convention.:

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

In the 1950s and early 1960s, in the USA we used to have "tent cities" or "trailer (caravan) cities" near many of the large summer conventions.

Dodger Stadium Los Angeles California late 60s early 70s. 8 people in a converted school bus.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D