JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Appreciating our members here at JW Talk

On 14/12/2016 at 8:11 PM, Brother Jack said:

I really love tortuga's sense of humor. He's my favorite turtle :) I also like shawnster's logical way of thinking and how he reasons on matters using the scriptures and watchtower references B) 

I appreciate this as well, he's helped me to reconcile and dig deeper on some matters too.

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

• 2 weeks later...

Victoria,

You dear brothers and sisters are constantly in our thoughts and prayers as well.    Be determined, stay focused and courageous in these troublesome times that all of us will be going through before long.    We love you dear friends and please know that even though we are not close geographically we are close in mind and spirit.    All full of Jehovah's spirit and love for the worldwide brotherhood.   Please give our warm love and christian greetings to all the friends in your locale and elsewhere in Russia.     Take care Sis!

• 1 month later...
Of course the moderating staff, who ensure that everything we say is aligned to the Terms and Conditions ( by extension, Divine T&Cs), by lovingly alerting us when we go astray.
Its amazing that they keep us entertained and educated, and still find time to monitor and to maintain the site. Its because of them that we have become attached ( or for some of us addicted) to this site.....We always have something to look forward to when we awake till the time we go to sleep. I  think I speak for most of us ( though not adequately qualified) when I say that; " We love you brothers, may Jehovah continue to bless your selfless gesture, and please keep up the sterling work"

This and the other comments are exactly my feelings. I enjoy this site since 2014. You Brothers and Sisters have helped me through some difficult times; the lost of my Dad if 80 years of age married to his best friend and Spiritual Sister of 60 years. Then the death of my Lil Brother. Both died of cancer I look forward of seeing both in Paradise. In fact, my Brother left me a text message "look for you in Paradise". I felt that's my assignment and at 62 I'm trying to live each day as though it was my last with Jehovah's approval. This site has played a big part in helping me do just that. Thank you my dear Brothers and Sisters. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pursuing Peace

• 3 weeks later...

Again...I want to thank everyone...and for Jehovah for drawing me to him...I started studying in 1985. At the time, my then husband, was in the military in Germany.  The sister that studied with me...was German..but supported the English congregation.  I grew up Lutheran..and when asking one minister in one country a question..I would get a different answer in another country.  How blessed I feel, each time I come to this site..to know we 'all speak in agreement' no matter what country we are from! I thank you, brothers and sisters...and Jehovah, ...for such a wonderful brotherhood... I hope to meet each on you someday!

Yes, I can truly say that I've been encouraged by this site. 

Sometimes when I'm in my "zone" (what I call my bipolar moods) I may not say much or just do the Word Association game, or "listen" to you guys. 

When in the hospital last year and before that because of this stupid blood clot in my lungs, boy did I miss you guys!! I wasn't able to go on because of having to save what little bit of juice left in my phone. But when I got home...oh boy!!!!!! 

This site is truly like an umbrella on a rainy day!

Thank you for your love and patience.

Even though English is not my native tongue (thank you Google Translate :))  I always feel free to write down some comments - because I know we're between loving and understanding brothers and sisters. I learn so much from your comments and deep insight and I pass it on to my friends.

Thank you all.

It´s dificult for me to just list names, because the list would be too long :lol:

In general, I would like to thank you ALL for this great possibility of exchange around the world, and I appreciate especially the brothers and sisters who open their hearts to us and give us an insight to their emotional life, although that might cost them quite an effort to do so. By opening up to the community, they show their trust and love to the brotherhood - and give us a chance to comfort and praise them.

Thank you very much!!!

OK, a few names in the end:

"Gregexplore" - I really like your comments

"Tortuga" and "Friends just call me Ross" - You really make me laugh a lot, thanks for your humor

"walkr2" - I appreciate the honesty in your comments

....could be continued for a looooooooong time...

Chrissy :wave:

i wish something much greater for Jwtalk.net.i wish that by the time i'm resurrected in the new world,i could still delve into the internet and find Jwtalk.net doing this wonderful job of connecting our brothers and sisters from all over the earth.by then,we could have abraham,abel,noah and all the other early worshippers of Jehovah in this forum.and we could keep asking them thrilling questions upon questions and keep getting responses from them (WOW!!! that's gonna be really cool,isn't it?)

so i just want to encourage the moderators to keep up with the good moderation spirit as its really helping in keeping this forum spiritually clean and safe for our brothers and sisters (i'm sure the governing body will be very pleased with this).

and i still want to say a big,big, big thank you to the moderators and to all of you brothers and sisters making this forum a real spiritual haven.
let's continue to work together in peace and unity.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

In the new world a forum like this wouldn't be used because billions will have to be registered on it and you'll spend the whole day reading only one thread, not the topics posted for a day. That's not a model of organization.

I think in the new world the 144,000 will be appointed over princes on earth who will organize things earth wide like the governing body are doing. Just my wish or imagination though.

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

13 minutes ago, Nnaemeka said:

In the new world a forum like this wouldn't be used because billions will have to be registered on it and you'll spend the whole day reading only one thread, not the topics posted for a day. That's not a model of organization.

I think in the new world the 144,000 will be appointed over princes on earth who will organize things earth wide like the governing body are doing. Just my wish or imagination though.

I think you have it right.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

42 minutes ago, Nnaemeka said:

It could be one means of communication but that doesn't mean it will be the only means of communication...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

technology is going to be used on a far grander scale in the new world,and we are going to keep seeing even far more greater and fascinating improvement in technology than we can ever imagine - eccl 3:11.

and a forum like this could be significantly improved upon to withstand the pressure of registering billions upon billions of users and yet function efficiently.

and when you take time to think about how much good a forum like this is accomplishing even now in terms of interchange of encouragements,experiences and in fostering unity and appreciation for one another, you will only be left wondering why a provision like this wouldn't be necessary in the new world.

and taking time to read the uplifting comments of our brothers and sisters from other countries surely draws us closer to them.

so a provision like this will find an even greater use in the new world my dear brother.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

I must and will admit that at first, when reading the comments on this thread about technology I felt there might not be any technology because why would we?

But as I kept reading, and reading and reading some more I realized there might be after all.

I remembered April's broadcast where it was said that if Jesus, while on earth, didn't concentrate on his father's kingdom, and kept himself busy with other things, he could have made cell phones (imagine. ..cell phones in the first century!). But now I'm getting off topic.

Sooo anyway, in the new world we'll all have eternity to see and get to know one another...with technology or not.

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It could be one means of communication but that doesn't mean it will be the only means of communication...

I like to think the 144,000 will have a hands on approach.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 hours ago, Old said:

I like to think the 144,000 will have a hands on approach.

I agree 100%. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought we were talking about using JWT to keep in touch with friends after Armageddon the same way we use it now...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

58 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I agree 100%. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought we were talking about using JWT to keep in touch with friends after Armageddon the same way we use it now...

Not the first time tHe topic strayed. Saw a chance to get my 2 cents in.

First time for everything.:laugh:

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say I appreciate everyone who moderate/run/comment/supervise/ approve! This forum has been very beneficial for me keeping my mind on spiritual things - also there seems to have been an uptick in all the bad news and world events seem to be getting worse by the second! It's nice to know there is a safe place to hear from

brothers and sisters all over the world! Just wanted to share. :wub:

14 hours ago, Whitley M said:

I just wanted to say I appreciate everyone who moderate/run/comment/supervise/ approve! This forum has been very beneficial for me keeping my mind on spiritual things - also there seems to have been an uptick in all the bad news and world events seem to be getting worse by the second! It's nice to know there is a safe place to hear from

brothers and sisters all over the world! Just wanted to share. :wub:

I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly with every one of these comments. The quoted comment is my feelings exactly. A big thank you to everyone of you and my heartfelt love to all. I love it!!!!     

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how I stumbled onto JWT but I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of it. I had had my pc for maybe two weeks and I sure did not know how to operate it. But the moderators have walked me through the finer points of JWT and I really appreciate their patience. Carlos and Jerry have been especially helpful.  Miss Bea replaced for me a very precious item that I had lost.  Richard has found some really unique turtle representations and I love his humor.  Nnaemeka has located lost Scriptures for me. Andee has become a close friend because she now goes to the same congregation as my daughter. So many of you have made a great impact on my life and spirituality. I just can't mention all of you by name, but I love you all and feel closer to you than to my fleshly relatives. Of course, that is only proper because the Truth is far more binding than family ties. After we move into the New World, I really hope the JWT will continue so we can all meet our dear JWT family in person.