JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Appreciating our members here at JW Talk

On 1/28/2017 at 5:47 PM, cerebral ecstasy said:

When i was first invited here, I wondered if it would be like other forums I had joined.  Where I may contribute a couple of thoughts, and then move on.  While I'm sure there are some who wished I had haha I have stayed because I too have benefited and been refined by others comments.  Sometimes I can be a bit pointed and direct, and some might consider that to be argumentative.  Yet, I never mean it in a mean fashion, just I approach things from a lets tear this apart, see what is good and what needs more work.  Lance pegged it when he said I'm a fixer lol. 

I literally could sit down and tell each of you who I've interacted with how you've impacted me in one way or another, yet someone who I haven't yet had the pleasure of doing so may feel left out.  So I will simply say/repeat what another poster had, that we are each a fine piece of the body of Jehovah's people, each necessary, no matter the reason why he chose us.  Some may feel lesser, yet one of the morning worship videos out of Bethel recently spoke on this very topic and how necessary these weaker ones are.  

As I write this an analogy of an ant raft popped into my head.  Singularly, an ant would never stand a trip across any body of water, they're too small, they'd die, however when many link together they are able to cross some pretty harrowing bodies of water.  I'd like to thank each of my fellow ants here for grasping me tightly and helping me to navigate some of the pretty harrowing deluges over the years.  Those with greater challenges than my own have helped me to see their strength, and their faihfulness.  Those with peaceful lives i envy, yet strive to be able to see how mine too could be thus.  I have laughed with you, cried with you, spoke of you to my husband with sorrow in my heart  - he thinks I'm a bit off kilter to invest so much care in people I don't know, and he has said doesn't any JW have a happy story?  It made me stop and say that isn't the point, the point is, is that despite the many hardships we all face, despite the many trials we have hope for what we do not see.

Each of you help me to see clearer, that hope.  It makes me long for a day where none of you will even recall any bad day, or it will just just a distant memory that once caused you sorrow but it's grip is gone because Musky finally assimilated us all and all we can think of is Bacon and Turtle Soup....

All kidding aside, soon my friends, soon.  *sigh*  Let's keep groaning along together, petitioning Jehovah for his mercy and thanking him for his patience, I know I am personally most thankful for it.  

This is the speech; I mean THE SPEECH...sister Sharon...Its pretty much like the speech that a Gilead graduate get to read in front of the other  graduates ( in the world they call it a valedictorian speech);  to sum up our collective thoughts....and silent appreciations.....Could never have said it any better...EXcellent!!!

On 5/2/2017 at 3:43 PM, ishaya moses said:

technology is going to be used on a far grander scale in the new world,and we are going to keep seeing even far more greater and fascinating improvement in technology than we can ever imagine - eccl 3:11.

and a forum like this could be significantly improved upon to withstand the pressure of registering billions upon billions of users and yet function efficiently.

and when you take time to think about how much good a forum like this is accomplishing even now in terms of interchange of encouragements,experiences and in fostering unity and appreciation for one another, you will only be left wondering why a provision like this wouldn't be necessary in the new world.

and taking time to read the uplifting comments of our brothers and sisters from other countries surely draws us closer to them.

so a provision like this will find an even greater use in the new world my dear brother.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

And, perhaps with perfect brains, we will have the capacity to process all the posts

a whole lot faster than we do now.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2017 at 2:09 PM, Tortuga said:

It could be one means of communication but that doesn't mean it will be the only means of communication...

May be the use of ESP might be the fulfilment of. how we can communicate in that new world.

I personally have experienced some situations, and a woman's intuition is a fore-gleam.  Kind of scary.   lol.  

But please receive my gratitude for all of your posts, well wishes, and encouragement. I always come away from here feeling refreshments and blessed. 

This staying "witness strong" can be difficult at times,  but when you succeed, you do feel very blessed, and make Jehovah smile!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm quite new here, but I am already feeling very nice and warm because of help, love and encourage that are so abundant in here.

Although I'm like, an ocean or two away from most of you guys,

I'm looking forward to enjoying every post here, at least until Armageddon comes! (Which will destroy any server this website belongs to)

• 2 months later...

Thank so much to all my spiritual brothers and sisters here. I love research,so I appreciate this group immediately cause I able to benefit from the different viewpoint and also enhanced my thought 💭 on what I already understand from my personal research. Also I recieve topics or questions that also send me to do more digging for spiritual food. I feel like I’m at spiritual table with all here. Just enjoying this wholesome food together with Jehovah blessing. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2018 at 1:03 AM, Saralee said:

Thank so much to all my spiritual brothers and sisters here. I love research,so I appreciate this group immediately cause I able to benefit from the different viewpoint and also enhanced my thought 💭 on what I already understand from my personal research. Also I recieve topics or questions that also send me to do more digging for spiritual food. I feel like I’m at spiritual table with all here. Just enjoying this wholesome food together with Jehovah blessing. 

You read my mind.. 

Since coming here my thoughts are now filled with spiritual things. I have a hobby (photography) and used to go to a general forum for tips etc but rarely bother now since finding this site. The brothers here have shared some fabulous thoughts and I'm grateful. 

We will all meet up within the next two million years or so.. :)

Edited by Alan

spelling grammar

1 hour ago, Alan said:

You read my mind.. 

Since coming here my thoughts are now filled with spiritual things. I have a hobby (photography) and used to go to a general forum for tips etc but rarely bother now since finding this site. The brothers here have shared some fabulous thoughts and I'm grateful. 

We will all meet up within the next two million years or so.. :)

Hope it's sooner...😊

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

8 minutes ago, Dove said:

Hope it's sooner...😊

Me too.. :)

Can you imagine trying to explain to someone resurrected from even just 100 years ago.. How there was this 'website' where you could converse with people almost instantly, perhaps thousands of miles away, who would encourage you and help you see things from a different angle and from Jehovahs perspective? 

It would start with something like.. 'What is a website?" 

• 2 weeks later...

This is how I feel since I came in this forum a while ago.  To all my imperfect spiritual family - (Proverbs 17:17) 17 A true friend shows love at all times And is a brother who is born for times of distress.  We have all come under some sort of distress in these last days, and it will continue to do so all the way to our end or at the end of Satan's Ruler ship.  My deep appreciation for the Moderators concern for every one in this forum, particularly the forum where our brothers and sister's need encouragement due to changes in their lives (circumstances) beyond their control .   Your words and expressions in here remind of this scripture - (Proverbs 25:11) 11 Like apples of gold in silver carvings Is a word spoken at the right time.  I find this happening in the encouragement rooms a lot.  Well done!  You all have fulfilled this and continue to do so -  (Philippians 2:1, 2) . . .If, then, there is any encouragement in Christ, if any consolation of love, if any spiritual fellowship, if any tender affection and compassion, 2 make my joy full by being of the same mind and having the same love, being completely united, having the one thought in mind.  And finally, this scripture comes to my mind because I have no family (fleshly) but you are my family - (Mark 10:29, 30) 29 Jesus said: “Truly I say to you, no one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news 30 who will not get 100 times more now in this period of time—houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields, with persecutions—and in the coming system of things, everlasting life.   And all of us our getting our share of persecution in one way and another.    Thank you friends, thank you for putting up with one another, and forgiving each other even though we may have a complaint.  Leave it to Jehovah, he will take care of us! 

• 1 month later...
This is how I feel since I came in this forum a while ago.  To all my imperfect spiritual family - (Proverbs 17:17) 17 A true friend shows love at all times And is a brother who is born for times of distress.  We have all come under some sort of distress in these last days, and it will continue to do so all the way to our end or at the end of Satan's Ruler ship.  My deep appreciation for the Moderators concern for every one in this forum, particularly the forum where our brothers and sister's need encouragement due to changes in their lives (circumstances) beyond their control .   Your words and expressions in here remind of this scripture - (Proverbs 25:11) 11 Like apples of gold in silver carvings Is a word spoken at the right time.  I find this happening in the encouragement rooms a lot.  Well done!  You all have fulfilled this and continue to do so -  (Philippians 2:1, 2) . . .If, then, there is any encouragement in Christ, if any consolation of love, if any spiritual fellowship, if any tender affection and compassion, 2 make my joy full by being of the same mind and having the same love, being completely united, having the one thought in mind.  And finally, this scripture comes to my mind because I have no family (fleshly) but you are my family - (Mark 10:29, 30) 29 Jesus said: “Truly I say to you, no one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news 30 who will not get 100 times more now in this period of time—houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields, with persecutions—and in the coming system of things, everlasting life.   And all of us our getting our share of persecution in one way and another.    Thank you friends, thank you for putting up with one another, and forgiving each other even though we may have a complaint.  Leave it to Jehovah, he will take care of us! 

We ( and Jehovah and Jesus) are all we've got in this time of the end. We have no other option but to love and encourage each other.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, jwhess said:

Our new music video this month tells (and shows) us what True Friends are.  May we all continue to express that type of friendship here...❤️

I love that song on friendship!

Also the one on being forgiving!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/13/2016 at 11:11 AM, dilip kumar said:

Moderator note:  We have decided this topic is a wonderful idea and wish to expand it to include all our members.  If you would like to show your appreciation for a certain member and want everyone to know, please feel free to post it here.

Dilp Kumar started off with his appreciation for our friend Neil - Beggar for the Spirit.

7f06b56c7a858422262cb6f9030ef057.jpg

This thread is a small token of love and appreciation for you dear brother.

I am grateful to each brother and sister on this forum but especially to you for all your Christian efforts to encourage us and read our post very very carefully and take time to mediate and take time to research and take time to highlight and post according to our needs.

A great privilege to be with persons like you dear brother who love because they imitate jah a little more and are full of love and humbleness.

Though I am miles apart from you ,

your posts have brought smiles to many all over.

I sometimes do what I feel is right and my conscious says that to post my personal feelings for you is justified.

Pls keep up the goodwork of loving and encouraging us.

Our prayers for you. 402342ab2a3825797a9e7aa81802d430.jpg

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

So true, Beggar for the Spirit goes above and beyond to help us and I thank you dearly as well