JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We have a really big announcement on Tuesday

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2407 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

We had a letter read last night about the Warrick dedication in October. Previously we were told that it would be streamed to the Assembly Hall, but last night we found out it will also be shown at the Kingdom Halls, so no meetings or assemblies will be scheduled for October 7 & 8 so all the congregations can be scheduled to see the dedication.

perhaps it will be done in a similarly organized manner as the (RNWT) 2013 AM -  this time Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls live on Saturday and (shhh, don't tell anyone) till Sundays repeat! 

Edited by timpin

We had a letter read out, apologizing for the song numbering error in the November and December printed copies of the Watchtower Study Edition. How humble our dear brothers at the Branch Office are! The printed copies contain the new numbers although the songbook isn't yet ready. JWLib, WOL and JW.ORG editions have been updated to show the correct numbers.

On ‎05‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 9:31 PM, Skye said:

We had a letter read out, apologizing for the song numbering error in the November and December printed copies of the Watchtower Study Edition. How humble our dear brothers at the Branch Office are! The printed copies contain the new numbers although the songbook isn't yet ready. JWLib, WOL and JW.ORG editions have been updated to show the correct numbers.

Same announcement was made here in Germany - the mistake happened in the printed editions because we don't have the new songbook in German yet - so the song numbering is wrong (but it was mentioned that they are progressing well, which additionally means that the translation of the German-Bible could likewise be "just around the Corner" :uhhuh:

Additionally a letter was read that mentioned that only the english WT-Simplified Edition will be continued and all other simplified WT's will stop (French etc.). Actually we had hoped for a simplified german Edition - well, that's history. But the letter likewise mentioned that generally the WT-Study-Edition will be a little easier to understand.  

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

The Big announcement was, ALL ENGLISH Congregations  are invited, and are going to be streamed live, at the coming 2017 Annual Meeting for the Big Dedication of World Headquarters at Warwick, and the New U.S. Branch at Walk Hill, NY. That letter was written to all English congregations, and read this week. It was for the VERY DAY of the actual Annual Meeting, which was a NEW BIG change from Assembly Halls. :) 

17 hours ago, Enoch said:

The Big announcement was, ALL ENGLISH Congregations  are invited, and are going to be streamed live, at the coming 2017 Annual Meeting for the Big Dedication of World Headquarters at Warwick, and the New U.S. Branch at Walk Hill, NY. That letter was written to all English congregations, and read this week. It was for the VERY DAY of the actual Annual Meeting, which was a NEW BIG change from Assembly Halls. :) 

Does ALL ENGLISH mean all English congregations worldwide, or just all English congregations in the US?

3 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Does ALL ENGLISH mean all English congregations worldwide, or just all English congregations in the US?

At the present time it is limited to US Branch territories: "Therefore, all congregations in the U.S. branch territory
will be invited to attend either the live broadcast or a rebroadcast of the program during the
weekend of October 7-8, 2017."

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:33 PM, Musky said:

We had a "special talk" based on an outline from the Branch given in our midweek meeting  here in San Diego, which was announced the week before and we were told not to miss this meeting. The outline was basically on being obedient to the direction of the Branch and our local elders.  It was about some major changes in our territories to help use our Kingdom halls more efficiently. They told us in the next  "one or two months" we will be having a major reorganization of our KH's, Territories, and meetings. Some Congregations will be relocated to other (nearby) halls, and some will be merged, etc. This is being done to reduce the number of new Kingdom halls that are needed by "filling" the Halls we have now. 

We were told this is being done in MANY areas in the United Sates Branch territory.

Maybe this is what some of the other's letters are about in this topic. 

South Florida had one of those re-orgs this month  also - affected several dozens congregations - formed a few new groups - closed some - making better use of our facilities - still had many halls with 5 congregations meeting together..... and on a side note changed a few circuits - some have become 17 or 15 congs now.

BUT the BIG announcement we had was concerning the Annual meeting/Dedication/streaming to AH and local KH ----LIVE or post recording - Oct 7 & 8 - English and translated to Spanish - can be @ local hall if you have the necessary equipment - more details to come.

Edited by DarinS

added details

We had five letters tonight, but only two of them were to be read.  The other three were to be posted on the 

board, for us to read at our convenience.

One of the letters was from our C.O., announcing the time, date and place of our Maintain Love For Jehovah

Circuit Assembly.

The other letter was some FABULOUS news, concerning the big doings October 7th.happy excited2.gif

If you don't want to have your surprise spoiled, don't look at the hidden thingy below.

Spoiler

All Kingdom Halls with the necessary audio/video equipment and tie-in capabilities, will be invited to the live, 3 and a half hour SPECIAL broadcast on Saturday, October 7th, or a re-broadcast of the events on Sunday, October 8th.  Happy excited.GIF

No regularly scheduled meetings will be held that weekend.

Happ Excited WOOHOO.gifHappy dance2.gifhappy bear dance.gifHapp Excited WOOHOO.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Yes! Our congregation meets on Saturdays  this year so we'll be able to live stream the annual meeting! ! !

Feels like the time when we streamed and got our Bibles, total excitement over here.  I can hardly wait!  

But first we got, the circuit assembly in February, the  Memorial in April, the Regional Convention  in July, and now we will be  streaming the Annual Meeting in October!  Not to mention CO's visits, our ministry  and invitations passouts.  Going to be a busy year with all that plus the everyday things of life already. I'm looking forward to it putting Jehovah first, seeking the first the Kingdom and waiting on it to come!

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

On the subject of "big announcements", we recently had a meeting where from the onset, it was announced there was some "really, really good news" but we need to wait till later on, and Brother so-and-so has the great privilege of making this announcement.

After the middle song it was re-announced that we all look forward to this really good news that brother so-and-so will announce.

It got me very excited because I kept puzzling myself as to what it could be. Was there going to be a new elder appointed? Or even a disfellowshipped one reinstated? Or perhaps that the German language NWT was to be released soon??

Eager and excited, my heart raced as the brother went up to the stage when the time had come... and inserted an unscheduled 10 minute part about how a brother and a sister had visited to the pioneer school.

What bothered me was that due to the way it seemed hyped up and mystified from the onset (mind you, most others my age in the hall already knew about this), it completely took the wind out. I felt like I had been hoping for something really important, and that made the experience of the two brothers seem unimportant.

It's not the first time that I felt regular updates, events and announcements were hyped up a little too much but it was the first time it made me uncomfortable.

Letter read tonight.

If you don't want to ruin the surprise at your own mid-week meeting, don't peak.No grinning.gif

Spoiler

The wonderful provision of allowing the elderly and inform to enter the convention (or circuit assembly) 15 minutes ahead of the rest of us will continue this year.  

8:00am doors open to infirm or brothers and sisters over 65.  

8:15 General Admission

Wear your lapel cards at all times.  Don't copy your card.  Use the genuine article.  

Annual seat saving reminders were stressed, and, as usual, will, undoubtedly,

be ignored by far too many.:uhhuh: (Luke 16:10)

Jehovah's people are a work in progress.^_^

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 7 months later...
On 1/7/2017 at 5:24 PM, Enoch said:

We had two letters read tonight. 

One, a reminder of our upcoming Circuit Assembly in Escanaba!!!  (I love Escanaba, as it is just 45 miles away.^_^)

The other, a reminder of the invite to witness the Dedication of our new World Headquarters, live-streamed, or recorded and

watched the next day.

Yaye!!!:D

We had two letters read tonight. 

The other, a reminder of the invite to witness the Dedication of our new World Headquarters, live-streamed, or recorded and

watched the next day.

Yaye!!!default_biggrin.png

What wonderful news!! I'm so excited for you.

I wonder if we will get it "down-under"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only letter we got read to us was, that The Annual Meeting will be live, but, ONLY IN ENGLISH. And that all other lanquages, will get to see it a couple of weeks later. Usually, that means close to ABOUT A MONTH LATER. This what pretty much happened in 2013 with the Annual Meeting when got the new revised bibles.