JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

I see no evidence of an update being available. We have been told at the hall that we need to order the new disk due to the old one not being updatable.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

Sorry but mine updated. Just when I went to use it, it said there was an update to 2016 available, I downloaded it and it works.

June 2016 is the latest L&MMW

go to Watchtower Library 2015, library tab in upper left, click on properties , use updates tab

Edited by Margaret

10 hours ago, Margaret said:

Sorry but mine updated. Just when I went to use it, it said there was an update to 2016 available, I downloaded it and it works.

June 2016 is the latest L&MMW 

There should be another update soon that will give you the rest of the publications that were released this year..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

33 minutes ago, jwhess said:

My Windows 10 Tablet has updated to Version 17.0 Build 5435.  My Windows 10 PC still has Version 17.0 Build 6421 and says there is not update available.  It is strange.

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the info. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 minutes ago, Hope said:

Will there be a 2016 CD?  I never received a 2015 CD but I would love to have the complete Library on my laptop..

I think it was mentioned in another thread that the 2016 DVD would be available. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Hope said:

cool, thanks!

It is a "special Order" annual item (not to be stocked) so you will have to request it from your congregation literature servant.  The letter of May 21 explained that all annual items should be ordered no later than August 1, 2016.  After the turn of the 2016 Service Year, special annual items are limited in the number that can be ordered at one time.  Enjoy your new DVD-WT Library when you get it.  Be sure to click the box that asks for continuous updates.

Edited by jwhess

Just now, Hope said:

Ah, well -- if I can't get my own, I'll see if I can borrow someone's.   :)    

I am sure you can order one, just may be an additional wait.  Yes you can borrow a copy and install it.  You can do the same with the 2015 edition that we currently use.  Borrow a copy, install it and check the box for updates.  You will always have the latest and greatest version that way and no need to wait.

Seems like my Windows 10 has a problem with update. Hopefully it will get solved soon. 

windows 10 error message.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I could not get my WT-Library program to update to Version 17.0 Build 6435.  So I uninstalled the entire program.  I re-installed it from the original DVD disk.  I checked the box for automatic updates.  I went to the "help" tab and selected  the "check for updates" menu item.  The program asked me if I wanted to install the JULY update (it was the only choice).  I said yes.  the program updated and when i looked, it was Build 6435.  I don't know if this is practical for everyone but it worked for me.

45 minutes ago, richterbelmont10 said:

My meeting workbooks only list until June 2016. The updates are enabled. Should I reinstall the program or wait until the 2016 DVD?

I believe they update every 6 month. So, sometime in January there will be another update. You shouldn't need another CD.

Edited by mserskine

There has been two versions of the July Update.  One was build 6421, the newer one with build 6435 and the new songs.  But because they are both called the July Update, if you downloaded the first one, it doesn't update to the other one.  With so little difference with the later update, maybe it would not be worth downloading 200+ mb again for, and can wait for the next update.

I believe they update every 6 month. So, sometime in January there will be another update. You shouldn't need another CD.

''This could save tons in $$$, with less shipping costs and DVD costs if those who have it continue updating the data electronically. How do we know when there is an update besides here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

There has been two versions of the July Update.  One was build 6421, the newer one with build 6435 and the new songs.  But because they are both called the July Update, if you downloaded the first one, it doesn't update to the other one. 

When my tablet updated, I did not realize that this was still a July update.  When I finally uninstalled the program, the re-install listed the update as July.  Then I found out that they were the same.  It was a small expenditure of time, no harm done.